[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest snowbord

thanks, so battery with CM7 shouldn't be worse than a Froyo rom (JJ,SS)? or worse but not that bad?

battery is far better than SS. No stupid 'radio subsystem' bug. The phone actually sleeps properly! Honestly, SS is acceptable but GSF is far superior and CM7.1 (serj especially) is king.

Guest snowbord

3. softbuttons was taken off the issues tracker as someone said it will never get merged for phones. i expect we'll have to wait for icecreamsandwich (cm8?) when phones and tablets won't be separated. i don't see the logic in not allowing it as an option disabled by default (with the buttons defaulting to the right so as not to obscure the date).

Stupid! So how can we patch this essential functionality boosting feature over CM7?

Edited by snowbord

This is answered a few pages previously. Look for CM7 themes in Market and XDA decelopers. afaik. T-mobile themes are compatible.

I quote;

You can find themes in market by the search word 'cm7 themes'

And same words for searching on XDA forum will give you plenty of results.

Only themes compatible to tmobile theme engine can be applied via theme chooser.

Here is a nice juicy list;

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1167075

Thanks! Very nice list.

But now my phone is stuck in the CM7 loading screen loop after i installed a theme and restarted my phone.

Sigh, happens everytime i try to use CM7 rom.

Edited by devjin

Guest snowbord

Thanks! Very nice list.

But now my phone is stuck in the CM7 loading screen loop after i installed and theme and restarted my phone.

Sigh, happens everytime i try to use CM7 rom.

You didn't flash these in CWM did you? To the best of my knowledge these are meant to be installed then selected via the Theme Chooser app. Open the zip, find the apk, install, then use Theme Chooser.

Edited by snowbord

haha, do we really care about windows users? :D

without access to the windows driver source how is it going to be fixed anyway - will it just be disabled for windows so it doesn't break?

The USB setup is totally different, it can't just be disabled for windows. The PC OS shouldn't even know accessory mode is there, its all the other changes that broke windows. I think I need to get all the different composition bits aligned to what they were in the old USB setup. Either that or find some windows drivers that work.

You didn't flash these in CWM did you? To the best of my knowledge these are meant to be installed then selected via the Theme Chooser app. Open the zip, find the apk, install, then use Theme Chooser.

Well, I downloaded the theme from the market, installed and then chose the theme through Theme Chooser.

And then i restarted the phone (as instructed by the theme creator) and then got stuck in the CM7 loading screen.

Guest oldfella

Do you have the zip file as for some reason i can't upload to the kitchen

Cheers

sorry its larger than the max size allowed for an attachment by modaco

just used the kitchen with no problem

Guest downloader50

sorry its larger than the max size allowed for an attachment by modaco

just used the kitchen with no problem

No problem will try again when i get home probably blocked by work's proxy or someting

why i cant see exactly what rom i have?what build?i have 221 but in about phone i cant see it

Proper 221 or sej's build? sej's builds are probably labelled kang instead of nightly and won't have the build date in the name.

Guest hugobosslives

Proper 221 or sej's build? sej's builds are probably labelled kang instead of nightly and won't have the build date in the name.

nah. he names them after kang.

eg: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-blade-KANG-n220plus

Guest sej7278

Stupid! So how can we patch this essential functionality boosting feature over CM7?

maybe open another issue on the tracker now we've gone to 7.1.0 final, or re-open this one, i think it only got closed as nobody starred it.

the patch i use is here but only works at compile time, its only changing 6 lines of frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml from false to true or vice versa.

maybe tom_g or someone can submit it to gerrit, or maybe make it a blade overlay rather than for all phones.....?

Guest sej7278

left is an official nightly, right is one of my "plus" kangs:

post-839039-0-74759000-1318346445_thumb. post-839039-0-95353200-1318346459_thumb.

Guest Psyloid

led notification is nice. but the Green led is barely visible in daylight. I wish all notifications would have the red led blinking ... led notification does not work with handcent SMS on my phone :(

think I will do a full wipe when it bet's merged in an official nightly build ...

Guest targetbsp

led notification is nice. but the Green led is barely visible in daylight. I wish all notifications would have the red led blinking ... led notification does not work with handcent SMS on my phone :(

think I will do a full wipe when it bet's merged in an official nightly build ...

LED notifications work with SMS Popup

You can change the colour used under Cm Settings -> Interface -> Led Notifications. You can set it for various apps and for missed calls. Note that I've not actually tried doing this yet though.

Guest tmjumper

can someone tell me how to change the set teeth have a different ring tone to other people all the time because I have set to default and I do not have to change I have CM stable 7.1

Guest hugobosslives

LED notifications work with SMS Popup

You can change the colour used under Cm Settings -> Interface -> Led Notifications. You can set it for various apps and for missed calls. Note that I've not actually tried doing this yet though.

testing this now. will get back to you...

i've set up red and green for different types of notifications (eg calls, texts emails).

Now just need to wait for sum texts etc to come through... :P

Guest Psyloid

If that works, that would be awesome, i will give it a try

Guest Amphoras

Em.. how do I check?

Open the terminal emulator app and type df -h

It should list the different partitions and their sizes, you want to see how big /system is.

I've been running Sej's 220+ almost for a whole day now. Today the phone shutdown itself. I tried to look for more info in the logcat, but there's nothing obvious (as the logs get cleared during restart).

However, the logcat log had lots of errors from Sensors and warnings from other processes as follows:

[Sensors]: mSensors[1]->enable(4, 1)

[PackageManager]: Unknown permission android.permission.ADD_SYSTEM_SERVICE in package com.android.phone

[InputManagerService]: Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy

[WindowManager]: Layout repeat skipped after too many iterations

Is it just me or is anyone else having similar log entries?

Has anyone noticed that when video resolution is tweaked to 480x800,the stock camera will now record at that ?

Or maybe you all know about this one and I just missed it.

I would not have noticed if not for the fact that when recording video in stock app,I can see the entire screen,whereas before,a section is darkened where the buttons are.

To be sure,I went to mvideo player and played the video in fill to aspect mode.And the video was full screen.