[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

I can't find the blade ringlock style in jan31 kang. Where is it?

you have to select lockscreen type as ring, and then ring style as blade, there's two settings.

seems the problem with the incoming calls was that i cherry-picked the phone patch but didn't apply it (looking at the logs there was a conflict). all 3 patches have been rebased and merged now.

screenshot

Edited by sej7278

Guest primo007

you have to select lockscreen type as ring, and then ring style as blade, there's two settings.

seems the problem with the incoming calls was that i cherry-picked the phone patch but didn't apply it (looking at the logs there was a conflict). all 3 patches have been rebased and merged now.

screenshot

Weird. With Hungarian language setting there are only the old 3 ring styles in the popup menu. I had to change the language to English to be able to select blade style.

new 31jan build with the blade ringlock style. i like it, especially with the minimal "one ring" unlock without the mute button. for some reason when i get an incoming call it reverts to the default ringlock style

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

i patched the kernel with the 2-way call recording but didn't bother with the undervolting.

plus the usual miui battery bar (with colour preferences) and softbuttons.

usual place. note that you don't have to apply the patches, they're for if you're compiling yourself.

Excellent job Sej!

The Blade style is much better than the original Bubble & without the "explosion" effect is great!

However does anyone find that when the mute button is activated on the lockscreen that the button disappears?

A second touch brings it back for me on mine.

Cheers, Paul

Weird. With Hungarian language setting there are only the old 3 ring styles in the popup menu. I had to change the language to English to be able to select blade style.

In german language settings there is also no blade style to choose. So i took halo.

...However does anyone find that when the mute button is activated on the lockscreen that the button disappears?

and yes, button disappears after choosing silent mode, but if you toch and slide, the button comes back till you release the finger...

how to i enable the softbuttons in the latest 31st build by sej any idea guys been looking around the settings cant find any options so far

Edit: Got it all sorted out

Edited by GodveX

Guest eucurto

screenshot

@sej7278

How do you have you calendar tasks showing in your lockscreen?? In CM settings i enabled it for the lock screen but nothing appears... :(

@world

Also, the is a bit confusing having all this KANGs out there but not having the changes or differences between them. I've been reading all the posts and i don't know if 31janKang has undervolt or not... i have update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed and now i don't know if it also has UV or not.. someone enlight me please. thanks.

screenshot

@sej, thanks for the screenshot link. I think I'll stick with 26Jan. Though I like CM, I don't like the image on the third bubble... the clean look of Halo is much better, IMHO, when using the third bubble.

Guest thewild

@world

Also, the is a bit confusing having all this KANGs out there but not having the changes or differences between them. I've been reading all the posts and i don't know if 31janKang has undervolt or not... i have update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-26jan-signed and now i don't know if it also has UV or not.. someone enlight me please. thanks.

I totally agree.

I don't really know what is the difference between my ROM (sej's 18jan) and the latest nightly (257 ?).

I even don't know what are all the differences between a vanilla Gingerbread and CM 7.2. I know some because I use them (underclocking, skip track with volume button, gestures on lockscreen), but that's about it...

However does anyone find that when the mute button is activated on the lockscreen that the button disappears?

A second touch brings it back for me on mine.

and yes, button disappears after choosing silent mode, but if you toch and slide, the button comes back till you release the finger...

So is this operation correct or is it a "wrinkle"? :)

I'm sure you're aware but previously the button would change colour when toggled but still remain visible.

Cheers, Paul

@sej7278

How do you have you calendar tasks showing in your lockscreen?? In CM settings i enabled it for the lock screen but nothing appears... :(

@world

I totally agree.

I don't really know what is the difference between my ROM (sej's 18jan) and the latest nightly (257 ?).

I even don't know what are all the differences between a vanilla Gingerbread and CM 7.2. I know some because I use them (underclocking, skip track with volume button, gestures on lockscreen), but that's about it...

Guest kimomini

So is this operation correct or is it a "wrinkle"? :)

I'm sure you're aware but previously the button would change colour when toggled but still remain visible.

Cheers, Paul

Yeah on latest build 31jan i get same bug on ring lockscreen with any style if you pull the ring down change sound mode the ring disappears and you have to re tap to get it to appear also the ring doesnt seem to light green for sound and vibrate option on the lockscreen but it does for silent and vibrate. Anyone know any fixes for this?

Change that think its a bug just in general with the sound ring selector thing when u use it it dissapears sometimes n u hav to click to get it back.

Edited by kimomini

i also applied a sm4tik's changes to remove the "explosion" part of the ringlock animation, so it looks smoother, although a bit basic. the patch works on the blade, bubble and revamped styles but not holo.

It does work with holo too, although with the ring beeing white the alpha fade is not as clear as with the others. Glad you liked it enough to mix it in your build :)

Edited by sm4tik

Yeah on latest build 31jan i get same bug on ring lockscreen with any style if you pull the ring down change sound mode the ring disappears and you have to re tap to get it to appear also the ring doesnt seem to light green for sound and vibrate option on the lockscreen but it does for silent and vibrate. Anyone know any fixes for this?

Change that think its a bug just in general with the sound ring selector thing when u use it it dissapears sometimes n u hav to click to get it back.

I wonder if this is because of the change in the animation, though I've no idea how it could? But then again, what do I know :D

Guest sej7278

It does work with holo too, although with the ring beeing white the alpha fade is not as clear as with the others. Glad you liked it enough to mix it in your build :)

hope that was alright, it wasn't a copy'n'paste job directly and i credited you on my download page. halo still grows is what i meant.

hope that was alright, it wasn't a copy'n'paste job directly and i credited you on my download page. halo still grows is what i meant.

Sure it's all right! Halo is not blowing up on me, I wonder what's going on? The last commit on my current build is

"es_ES: Added spanish translations for: (android_packages_apps_Settings)" (IIRC)

I wonder what makes holo any different as only the images are supposed to be changed, nothing else (if I read the code correctly).

edit: and I wonder.. waa-waa-waa-waa-wonder.. why I wonder so much :P

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Gunnerzz

Evening ladies and gents and other that don't fall into those categories. Been away from the forums for as while, cant remember what nightly i have on my blade but the battery life is dire.

Whats the current favourite to stick on there?

Thanks peeps.

My zte is gen 1 and I hv been trying 2 upgrade it to gen 2 but it wont load past the green android logo. Can any1 point me 2 a detailed tuturial or a video tuturial?

Thanks Jaffer

@sej: I changed the code to shrink the ring and it's looking actually quite nice and I see no difference in smoothness compared to alpha fade only. (changed 7.5f's to 0.3f -> final size is 30% instead of 750%)

The disappearing secondary ring is quite a mystery. It's dependent on where you're releasing the ring. If you release it near/at the right edge of the display, the ring gets redrawn correctly. Releasing it further away from the edge it get's redrawn only partially or not at all? I won't be bothering my head with it much more as I'm using the "wannabe ics style" ;)

Guest sej7278

@sej: I changed the code to shrink the ring and it's looking actually quite nice and I see no difference in smoothness compared to alpha fade only. (changed 7.5f's to 0.3f -> final size is 30% instead of 750%)

The disappearing secondary ring is quite a mystery. It's dependent on where you're releasing the ring. If you release it near/at the right edge of the display, the ring gets redrawn correctly. Releasing it further away from the edge it get's redrawn only partially or not at all? I won't be bothering my head with it much more as I'm using the "wannabe ics style" ;)

i wonder (haha) if anyone has tried it without your patch and seen if the ring doesn't redraw properly, that way we could prove it its the patch (seems unlikely) or a real bug in the code. i'm only using one ring, but i think you can chose two or three, i wonder (again) if there's any difference there.

interesting that you've tried a scale less than one - so instead of growing it shrinks!

just checked again and (ics wannabe) holo style grows when i grab the circle (instead of glowing green like blade) but doesn't grow any more as i drag/drop it, so i guess your patch also applies there. i like the simplicity of holo, might stick with it as i'm going off blade, its a bit too gingerbread :D

seems cm 7.2.0rc1 is on its way