[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

I have noticed on two past occasions that a bad app left running overnight gets kicked out of memory at some point and so there's no details of them having drained the battery. I know for a fact it was these 2 games doing the draining though because I knew which ones I'd played and tested it later. So it does seem possible to drain the battery in idle and then lose all trace of what drained it.

Guest sej7278

I always flash mine at random battery lifes and its fine. I don't have any battery drain in my own self compile and the only thing new since my build is this: http://review.cyanog...m/#change,12772 which doesn't seem relevant to us so I dunno!

I'm on 88% after a standby time of 20 hours and an in use time of 30 minutes which is obviously good.

i just reflashed with the battery at 100% and it seems ok now (30mins with no battery use) i also changed back to the system theme from cyanbread, not sure if that's relevant.....

l i've just uploaded a test build, its got the tweaks in my sig below, commits from gerrit as of 19/feb, and ALL languages, and there's an optional flashable undervolt+recording kernel to go with it (the one in the kang is just recording, no uv).

Hi Sej,

with this build, i have no MIUI battery indicator available in Interface settings (only Icon, Percent and Hidden). Am i doing something wrong, or this build is without MIUI battery patch?

Edited by zaty

Guest kimomini

are you seeing crap battery life with it - i don't know what it is, but my phone is losing 2% per hour when idle, no wakelocks or anything to explain it.

maybe the battery stats need recailbrating - i knew i shouldn't have flashed a rom with the battery at 50%.

Hi, does your latest build include blow up animation for lock screen?

For better calibration ....

Try rebooting while charging....the battery level suddenly drops(like from 45 to 18-23 after reboot) and let it charge completely ...

Works better than the bump charging method discussed earlier

Guest sej7278

Hi Sej,

with this build, i have no MIUI battery indicator available in Interface settings (only Icon, Percent and Hidden). Am i doing something wrong, or this build is without MIUI battery patch?

yes it does, but you have to enable it lately, they changed the settings a bit, its in:

settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->status bar tweaks->battery status style->status bar

then you get an option to change the colour or track the theme colour etc.

Hi, does your latest build include blow up animation for lock screen?

no it just fades away, doesn't explode, as that performs crap on the blade. sm4tik made one that shrinks instead of explodes which apparently performs ok too.

For better calibration ....

Try rebooting while charging....the battery level suddenly drops(like from 45 to 18-23 after reboot) and let it charge completely ...

Works better than the bump charging method discussed earlier

sounds like a plan. a reboot takes 5% of the battery normally, so i never do it unless plugged in.

i think things are ok now, as been on battery for 2h30m and only used 2% with some light usage. the radio seems to be the main user of battery.

i plugged it into the mains charger which often does odd things to battery stats too, it charges way too fast to be believable compared to usb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest kimomini

People still used Netscape Gold when i learned HTML and I haven;t learned any since. :D

I do have a CSS book in my to read pile lol.

Hi, on your 15th of feb build do you know any fix for camera zoom, like when you zoom in 2X and take picture it isnt zoomed in.

Thanks

Guest sej7278

Hi, on your 15th of feb build do you know any fix for camera zoom, like when you zoom in 2X and take picture it isnt zoomed in.

isn't that a bug that existed since cm6 - the viewfinder zoom is just that, its not what's going to come out in the photo.

Guest i am not a hacker

Thx for the great work! I am on nightly 118 I think (around there), and i want to update to N247 without losing any apps, data, settings.

How can I do this?

If I can't, what are the least amount of things which will me reset when I update and how do i do this?

Guest kimomini

isn't that a bug that existed since cm6 - the viewfinder zoom is just that, its not what's going to come out in the photo.

Hmmmm, i'm not sure though as i tried BurgerZ 16th of feb build and took a picture zoomed in and it worked fine, flashed this one back on and it didn't work.

Guest Pieniek

@sej - i flashed your 19feb rom, and I don't have an option to change color of MIUI battery bar, and the ring lock still explodes -.- 

Edited by Pieniek

Guest sej7278

@sej - i flashed your 19feb rom, and I don't have an option to change color of MIUI battery bar, and the ring lock still explodes -.-

then either you didn't flash properly or you didn't wipe dalvik - you sure you didn't flash targetbsp's or bustlams/burgez?

Edited by sej7278

All good for me here Pieniek.

Many thanks for sharing your build with us again sej7278

Cheers, Paul

Guest vasiloy

Maybe this is not the right place to ask this but it is getting on my nerves.

Lately, every time I am doing a clean install market is missing (among others) regardless of the ROM used. Flashing gapps or trying to separately install the market app does not work either. The weird thing is that if I go into the app manager I can see the processes related to everything that is missing but they dont seem to work. Never had this problem till now.

Any thoughts on this? as it is getting very frustrating.

Many thanks