[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278

The CPU spy problem has been fixed. It just shows that the phone isn't sleeping. Normally with the screen off you should get a reading around 80 to 90 percent. This rom has the phone hovering at the 122mhz frequency when the screen is off and isn't able to make the transition to deep sleep.

ah ok good, so now we just need to know why the phone isn't sleeping (explains the poorer battery life) is that just when not turning wifi off manually (i.e. wifi sleeps when screen goes off) or something as i recall, sorry not been following 100% lately.

Guest Simono
Anyone have trouble with data connection? After RC 7.2 install, facebook, messenger, opera dont work, but @wifi they work well.

For me data connection working good but I don't use fb I use Seesmic. For me fb drain battery.

Edited by Simono

Guest kingpair

ah ok good, so now we just need to know why the phone isn't sleeping (explains the poorer battery life) is that just when not turning wifi off manually (i.e. wifi sleeps when screen goes off) or something as i recall, sorry not been following 100% lately.

Yeah the phone isn't sleeping when with the wifi is switched on (i.e wifi sleep policy set to 'never').

Guest mobile579

test build of RC1 with tom_g's slightly newer kernel with the cpuspy fix: usual place

Really like the new font. Has miui battery bar been removed? TIA 793b3e26993a5ca3c2fcad125bc8c46d update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed.zip

Edited by mobile579

Guest kimomini

I'm running sej's latest build so far and was wondering if anyone would be able to mod the status bar clock so that it appears the same as the ICS statusbar clock (blue) or tell me how it's done :)

Guest kimomini

I'm running sej's latest build so far and was wondering if anyone would be able to mod the status bar clock so that it appears the same as the ICS statusbar clock (blue) or tell me how it's done :)

Guest sej7278

Really like the new font. Has miui battery bar been removed? TIA 793b3e26993a5ca3c2fcad125bc8c46d update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120319-signed.zip

for some reason i can't get miui colour battery bar to compile anymore although others say they can, which is odd, maybe some old cruft left in my repo or the way i'm patching.

i agree the new font really grows on you, and the halo lockscreen from ics.

edit: miui magically seems to build now......

Edited by sej7278

Guest Pondlife
i agree the new font really grows on you, and the halo lockscreen from ics.

Not sure which font everyone means, do like the new one for numbers on clock on lockscreen.

Finding the browser crashing quite often though.

Guest MidaMilunk

test build of RC1 with tom_g's slightly newer kernel with the cpuspy fix: usual place

Using this ROM...

Tonight I have found the phone dead in my pocket ... I was unable to wake it up. When I called it, I have heard through an external loudspeaker that the GSM device is working, but the Droid was fast alseep, or zombie, or guru meditation, or whatever. I had to remove the battery.

Seems it does not like doing nothing, since there wasn't any problem while I was using it through hours in- or out of the car during the day. :)

Guest targetbsp

Not sure which font everyone means, do like the new one for numbers on clock on lockscreen.

The font throughout has been changed to the ICS one. It's quite subtle at first but is far easier to read than the GB one on a small screen.

Guest kjacek

Thank you Sej, its working for me. I like new font and soft buttons, especially on the bottom ;-).

Guest youngsta2010

CPU Spy issue is fixed in Tom G's kernel source but that was after the new kernel was already merged into CM7.

Yeah, just adding that code and compiling should do it. It's easy with CyanogenMod when you have the luxury of source code. ;)

Actually the same feature is now in review for CM9, but it only works with the stock keyboard.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12974

Thanks, only just learned to successfully build cyanogenmod so I need to do a bit more research on adding patches and changing stuff first :P

Guest Pondlife
The font throughout has been changed to the ICS one. It's quite subtle at first but is far easier to read than the GB one on a small screen.

Odd the time definitely seems rounder font than the date and alarm

Guest targetbsp

Yeah. The clock sure isn't a subtle change. :D

the rest is more so. The easiest way to tell (I read this on another site) is to look at the letter c. In ICS, the 2 ends curl towards each other quite a lot whereas on GB they don't.

Guest mobile579

for some reason i can't get miui colour battery bar to compile

edit: miui magically seems to build now......

Great I hope it makes it into the next build. Apart from miui missing not had any problems yet. Seems to be great build.

Guest xondrax

Dear sej7278,

there is something strange in my OSF-I used Your KANGs in a row,but when did the January update,saw that te kernel is the same as before...I think thats because I did only Cache and Dalvik wipe.But yesterday I did full wipe (data,cache,dalvik) wheb I install Your RC1 KANG and nothing changed...What I do wrong?

post-844708-0-09471400-1332352458_thumb.

Guest sej7278

Dear sej7278,

there is something strange in my OSF-I used Your KANGs in a row,but when did the January update,saw that te kernel is the same as before...I think thats because I did only Cache and Dalvik wipe.But yesterday I did full wipe (data,cache,dalvik) wheb I install Your RC1 KANG and nothing changed...What I do wrong?

the kernel in my rc1 (with the cpuspy fix) is definitely different to the one from january, but for some reason the version string stays the same, i'm not sure how to change it.

my previous build in february used tom_g's patch9 kernel from gerrit (basically the same kernel as in the official rc1) not a self-compiled one.

sej7278 build removed?

Cant find it anymore. My link

there's a new one up that's exactly the same but has MIUI battery bar working again.

63c87362a311b53560352ee60e623646  update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-blade-KANG-sej20120320-signed.zip

Edited by sej7278

Guest sm4tik

Dear sej7278,

I suppose sej just cleans up the kernel source tree fully before rebuilding. This would explain the #1 in the kernel version.

..always refresh before posting :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest sej7278

I suppose sej just cleans up the kernel source tree fully before rebuilding. This would explain the #1 in the kernel version.

..always refresh before posting :)

yes i've had odd things happen even when not deleting out/ in the cm7 source so when compiling the kernel i "make mrproper" and "git reset --hard HEAD" first. i'm so paranoid i sometimes delete ~/.ccache/ :D

Guest sej7278

@sej7278

short question: your future releases wont have the 2-way-call-recording - patch? :unsure:

its in the cm7 kernel now, tom_g merged it so it will be in all official releases from now on - it doesn't need to be patched.

Guest ziyan

I'm using FTPServer with the new 3D libs, and I've noticed that if I copy a ~80mb file over wifi to the phone, the screen gets bugged at around 30%, and the phone reboots. Could anyone confirm this? Happens every time with CM7 march04 on my phone :unsure: