[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest kjacek

Phone keeps bootlooping

I had similar problem frequently. But only if I didn't clean phone completly and installed new rom over previous one and .... when I had lot of applications installed.

May be it will be a hint for you.

How this bootloop behave, could you describe it? In which phase your phone bootlooping?

Have you try to start phone in 'safe mode' (don't remember exactly name) - keep menu button and power button?

I have latest nightly with soft buttons and it work well.

Edited by kjacek

Guest rabaip

Phone keeps bootlooping

Are you using the update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip from cyanogenmod.com? That's where I got the file for the patch from. It works perfect on my blade. Do you have any other framework mods installed? Here's the restore patch in case you need it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cs9f0xga73ahsay

It's just the original file from the stable.

Guest GnobarEl

This moment, with so many nightly builds, I'm a bit lost. Witch is the best release to flash? I'm using ICS, but cam and video doesn't work :(

I want to downgrade, what do you suggest?.

Thanks!

Edited by GnobarEl

Guest urbanfrit

I'm using Sej's kang 06042012 but the proximity sensor issue is back. During a call the display stays on. I can get it to go off once if I hold my hand over the sensor for a few seconds but only once per call.

The settings->device settings->calibrate proximity sensor doesn't help.

I previously used the ZTE emode helper or the ZTE proximity sensor calibration tool from the market for other roms but none of these appear to be available for this kernel.

Anyone got a fix?

Guest kjacek

I want to downgrade, what do you suggest?.

Try last nightly. You can also apply soft button patch after that. Links you can find few pages before this one.

Guest kjacek

Just try it, nightly build I mean. Check if all works to you properly.

Then if you like changes, look at Targetbsp post (maybe 2-3 days ago) - he give link to different kernel (kernel by Sej). You can also apply this kernel. But there is no much difference.

If you like game you can also apply libraries to accelerate graphic (link is also in Targetbsp post).

I personally use latest nigtly and soft button patch only.

Guest GnobarEl

Thanks for all advices. I will do it.

One more question, if I flash a new room for downgrade, I will lost all my saved games?

Any way to save it?

Edited by GnobarEl

I had similar problem frequently. But only if I didn't clean phone completly and installed new rom over previous one and .... when I had lot of applications installed.

May be it will be a hint for you.

How this bootloop behave, could you describe it? In which phase your phone bootlooping?

Have you try to start phone in 'safe mode' (don't remember exactly name) - keep menu button and power button?

I have latest nightly with soft buttons and it work well.

The phone gets into the bootanimation and the it freezes and goes back to the start of the bootanimation and does it all over again. Doing a complete reflash of the rom could be an option but I'd rather avoid that. This time I only flashed the patch to my current rom with doing wipe or anything(except a nandroid backup first). Thanks for your time!

Edited by oia

Guest targetbsp

Use Titanium Backup to backup your app data.

In any case you only lose app data when you choose to wipe the data. And you don't typically need to do that if flashing a different version of the same rom (whether older or newer)

Are you using the update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip from cyanogenmod.com? That's where I got the file for the patch from. It works perfect on my blade. Do you have any other framework mods installed? Here's the restore patch in case you need it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cs9f0xga73ahsay

It's just the original file from the stable.

Yes I do use that one :)

I don't think I have anything else installed, only some themes.

Edited by oia

Use Titanium Backup to backup your app data.

In any case you only lose app data when you choose to wipe the data. And you don't typically need to do that if flashing a different version of the same rom (whether older or newer)

Yeah, didn't think of that... :D I'll try it when I get home tomorrow, thanks!

Guest rabaip

Sorry for boot loop. I honestly don't know why it doesn't work for you. I decompiled the patch, checked if all needed values are OK and flashed it on my blade again, it works just like before. All I can recommend too is to backup your data, wipe and flash the rom with the patch again.

Guest GnobarEl

Thanks to all,

I just don't understand why they still insist using that launcher in CM7. It's a pain! First thing to be replaced.

Also, CM9 is faster and smother.

Can't wait to have it will all issued fixed =)

Sorry for boot loop. I honestly don't know why it doesn't work for you. I decompiled the patch, checked if all needed values are OK and flashed it on my blade again, it works just like before. All I can recommend too is to backup your data, wipe and flash the rom with the patch again.

Okey, I'll try that in the next few days :) Thanks for your time!

Guest shmizan

there are always merges worth compiling, I'm looking at gerrit all the time and some interesting stuff has been added (to the general CM7, not only Blade).

but I don't know if anyone compiles new builds now. I'm with CM9, sej too, maybe targetbsp.

Guest targetbsp

I swap between the two but am currently running CM7. I'll probably switch over again with the new Coldfusion.

I'm setup to compile both CM7 and 9 but I haven't seen anything myself worth compiling since my last one on the 18th. There have been several bug fixes but just nothing that;s especially interested me.

Hm, this is really weird... Tried to install the softbutton patch with the latest nightly and got the same bootloop. There must be something wrong with my Blade :/

Did you install rom, then reboot, wait 5-10min with new rom to stabilize system, then reboot and install soft button patch?

Nope, I flashed the nightly, flashed sej's kernel, flashed new libs and then the patch. I will try your method tonight :) Thanks!

Edited by oia

Guest rabaip

Nope, I flashed the nightly, flashed sej's kernel, flashed new libs and then the patch. I will try your method tonight :) Thanks!

Did you flash the right patch? I made two, one for the april 20 nightly and another for the 7.1 stable. Maybe you mixed them up by accident? This is the nightly one: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ubi59u98v7kg1sh