[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

What's wrong with Tom G's kernel?

http://download.cyan...ly&device=blade

The new kernel/wifi uses more battery in sleep mode with wifi on than the old kernel/wifi. Sej's kernel is the old kernel/wifi - but with all of the tweaks added to the new kernel, added to it.

If you're a gamer, you'd also want the new Adreno libs if you're going to use the nightly: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/new-egl-libs.zip

Guest kingpair

The new kernel/wifi uses more battery in sleep mode with wifi on than the old kernel/wifi. Sej's kernel is the old kernel/wifi - but with all of the tweaks added to the new kernel, added to it.

If you're a gamer, you'd also want the new Adreno libs if you're going to use the nightly: http://blade.windows98.co.uk/downloads/new-egl-libs.zip

On the contrary I've been on the 20 apr nightly with the original kernel for a week now and I've found battery to be exceptional with wifi on.

Guest targetbsp

It's much better than the RC (cause it does actually sleep now!) but not as good as the old kernel as far as I can tell.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest EddyC01

On the contrary I've been on the 20 apr nightly with the original kernel for a week now and I've found battery to be exceptional with wifi on.

I have to agree, I'm getting much better performance now on the new nightly (20th Apr) with WIFI on and connected all day!

Guest ffoxsake

I have to agree, I'm getting much better performance now on the new nightly (20th Apr) with WIFI on and connected all day!

Wasn't the problem with that kernel that IF you turned wifi off at any point (even if you later turned it back on) then the phone wouldn't sleep? As long as you leave wifi on then you don't see that issue.

Guest targetbsp

That issue is fixed in the nightly. But it's still more draining with wifi on for some - though apparently not others! But it doesn't really matter much because you have a choice and can use whichever you think works best. :)

Guest kingpair
That issue is fixed in the nightly. But it's still more draining with wifi on for some - though apparently not others! But it doesn't really matter much because you have a choice and can use whichever you think works best. :)

I flashed sej's kernel and battery life was slightly worse. Didn't test it extensively.

Guest Juha-Blade

Hi!

I have for the first time in my life installed Linux/Ubuntu and i just compiled my own CM7 after alote of confusions i got it work and i have done my first own CM7 =) all working great .

But i have wery little space in my computer so i wounder after i have compiled a ROM can i clear the "OUT" folder in android/home/system or? And second thing i want help with is how can i add the "new" EGL Libs that Targetbsp has so the are compiled in my ROM , i know i can flash them after but i just want them next time i make new rom so they come in . Hope some1 knows what i mean =) sry for bad english.

i am happy for all tips and help..

Best regards Juha

Edited by Juha-Blade

Guest targetbsp

You can delete 'out' but if you can avoid doing so then your next compile will be much faster.

You can copy the new EGL libs into ~/android/system/vendor/zte/blade/

Guest Juha-Blade

You can delete 'out' but if you can avoid doing so then your next compile will be much faster.

You can copy the new EGL libs into ~/android/system/vendor/zte/blade/

Ah ty for the help..

I made a new Compile today (moste for fun :P ) But it only takes like 5min to compile new rom when i have all files? i did new repo sync and then compile.. Is it so fast or is somthing wrong :P

Guest Juha-Blade

I just notice my build date is same as yesterday oń this new build,, :S How can i fix that in next build

Guest targetbsp

You have to delete build.prop between builds. I can't remember where it is though! Try a file search. :) If you can't find it I'll check later.

Guest forbidden8

Search for Burstlam build from 18022012.I go back, but the links is dead.If someone keeps it, will be appreciate.

Guest Juha-Blade

Thx Targetbsp,i found it and did a new compile. Worked like a charm :) Next thing to learn is compile Cm9 but i shall play around whit cm7 to learn first. Thanx again for fast ansvers. Best regards Juha

Guest ironzy

Hi!

I have for the first time in my life installed Linux/Ubuntu and i just compiled my own CM7 after alote of confusions i got it work and i have done my first own CM7 =) all working great .

But i have wery little space in my computer so i wounder after i have compiled a ROM can i clear the "OUT" folder in android/home/system or? And second thing i want help with is how can i add the "new" EGL Libs that Targetbsp has so the are compiled in my ROM , i know i can flash them after but i just want them next time i make new rom so they come in . Hope some1 knows what i mean =) sry for bad english.

i am happy for all tips and help..

Best regards Juha

what version of ubuntu did you use? ive been trying to compile on 12.04 32bit and it keeps crashing, it doesnt give me any errors or anything it just completely freezes the whole system and i have to reboot.

Guest Juha-Blade

what version of ubuntu did you use? ive been trying to compile on 12.04 32bit and it keeps crashing, it doesnt give me any errors or anything it just completely freezes the whole system and i have to reboot.

I also use 12.04 but i have 64bit system. I think read somewhere that compile GB must have 64bit system. But i maby have wrong.

Guest Cata_Simi

I have to agree with you, for me the result is the same as yours (sej old kernel for some time)