• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

14807 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh... I learnt something new again, thanks!

Posted

Sorry I've kind of put this in the wrong thread haven't I? I didn't actually think anyone would have any info on the subject so I'm pleasantly surprised!

Currently installing a new VM with enough disk space, OS upgrade and such like and I'll stick any questions about compiling 10.1 into a 10.1 thread I guess. :D

Posted

Just put CM10.1 on a friends SGS1. Games work on it. So jealous now. I really hope we get the texture memory issues fixed on our ICS/JB's one day.

Solved this problem. My friend bought an N4 today - so I have an SGS now. :D

Posted

Solved this problem. My friend bought an N4 today - so I have an SGS now. :D

Gratz :D

So you gonna stick with cm10.1 on that or try pa or asop or aokp?

Posted (edited)

In the long term, I'm sure I'll be trying everything on it. :D But for now it runs CM10.1 like a dream.

The thing is there are so many different revisions of the stock firmware on this phone that rooting it was a pain compared to the Blade. Despite looking into it a few times in the past we sort of hadn't dared do it until this last week. The guy lives in America so he's not here (in the UK) with his phone very often for starters.

It was hard finding a kernel for the firmware revision and the danger was compounded by the fact that it was one of the ones with the known issue where recovery didn't work from the factory: http://boink.pbworks...amsung Galaxy S

Anyway after getting more rooting/custom rom experience with a Dell Streak and an official firmware update eventually fixing recovery - I dared do it.

And after an attempt to root it was finally successful after nearly two years in the making, it's kind of too much of a relief to tamper with it further just now. :D

Especially as it worked out so well. On stock it suffered so badly from the known lag issues with them. It was less responsive than the Blade in general! Now it runs great.

Edited by targetbsp

Posted

I am still determined to work out why I can't compile CM10.1 for the Blade even though I can 7 and 9 mind you.

Posted

Rooting sgs is a pain I know lol

My mom has one and thus I know ;)

(Its running cm10 now,will update it to cm10.1)

Posted

I have lost WiFi after installation of CM 7.2 I lost WiFi..Everything else is working well..3G, Bluetooth..Any idea how to solve it???Thanks in advance...

Posted

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to still have the ROM that was posted here by burstlam? Or any other ROM with USB host mode enabled? It doesn't matter if it's old or drains the battery. I just want to play around a bit with some usb keyboards and gamepads. Cheers.

Posted

Rooting sgs is a pain I know lol

My mom has one and thus I know ;)

(Its running cm10 now,will update it to cm10.1)

I tell you what, I have new found sympathy for people that come on here and ask 'stupid questions' like 'what is the best rom?'

I've followed the Blade since it was new out and have learned most of the stuff about it as everyone else did.

Joining a modding community passed its end of life is pretty daunting! Knowing that everything thats ever going to be known about it is already known and I just have to work out how to find it! My kernel was chosen purely on the number of posts in its thread on XDA lol. Figuring if it has a lot of posts that it must be popular! It could equally as well just be the most broken leading to a lot of posts. :D

Posted

I tell you what, I have new found sympathy for people that come on here and ask 'stupid questions' like 'what is the best rom?'

I've followed the Blade since it was new out and have learned most of the stuff about it as everyone else did.

Joining a modding community passed its end of life is pretty daunting! Knowing that everything thats ever going to be known about it is already known and I just have to work out how to find it! My kernel was chosen purely on the number of posts in its thread on XDA lol. Figuring if it has a lot of posts that it must be popular! It could equally as well just be the most broken leading to a lot of posts. :D

Lol xD

I prefer semaphore cause of its features and the also as it has a app for it lol

Haven't been sgs forums in a while so don't know how many more kernels and ROMs have sprung up :D

Posted

I have lost WiFi after installation of CM 7.2 I lost WiFi..Everything else is working well..3G, Bluetooth..Any idea how to solve it???Thanks in advance...

Same on my side (latest cm7.2 1st of March 3013). Wifi cannot connect to both of my wifi routers.

Posted

I'm trying to compile cause there are few changes in cyanogenmod gingerbread, but i get this error

Can anybody compile and share it?

Or help me with this

Thanks

Copying: out/target/common/obj/APPS/Tag_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar

Reading library jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar]

Copying: out/target/common/obj/APPS/TagCanon_intermediates/classes.jar

Copying: out/target/common/obj/APPS/Torch_intermediates/classes.jar

Copying: out/target/common/obj/APPS/Usb_intermediates/classes.jar

Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/com.tmobile.themes_intermediates/classes.jar

target Dex: AccountAndSyncSettings

Reading library jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-junit_intermediates/classes.jar]Warning: android.support.v2.os.ParcelableCompatCreatorHoneycombMR2: can't find superclass or interface android.os.Parcelable$ClassLoaderCreator

Reading library jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/ext_intermediates/classes.jar]

Warning: android.support.v2.os.ParcelableCompatCreatorHoneycombMR2: can't find referenced class android.os.Parcelable$ClassLoaderCreator

Warning: android.support.v2.os.ParcelableCompatCreatorHoneycombMR2: can't find referenced class android.os.Parcelable$ClassLoaderCreator

Warning: android.support.v2.app.ActivityCompatHoneycomb: can't find referenced method 'void invalidateOptionsMenu()' in class android.app.Activity

Warning: android.support.v2.app.ActivityCompatHoneycomb: can't find referenced method 'void dump(java.lang.String,java.io.FileDescriptor,java.io.PrintWriter,java.lang.String[])' in class android.app.Activity

Warning: android.support.v2.view.MenuCompatHoneycomb: can't find referenced method 'void setShowAsAction(int)' in class android.view.MenuItem

Reading library jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar]

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/FM_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/FM_intermediates/classes.jar]

target Dex: ApplicationsProvider

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/GanOptimizer_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/GanOptimizer_intermediates/classes.jar]

Warning: there were 3 unresolved references to classes or interfaces.

You may need to specify additional library jars (using '-libraryjars'),

or perhaps the '-dontskipnonpubliclibraryclasses' option.

Warning: there were 3 unresolved references to program class members.

Your input classes appear to be inconsistent.

You may need to recompile them and try again.

Alternatively, you may have to specify the options

'-dontskipnonpubliclibraryclasses' and/or

'-dontskipnonpubliclibraryclassmembers'.

Error: Please correct the above warnings first.

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/FileManager_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar] Error 1

make: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Gallery_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Gallery_intermediates/classes.jar]

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Pacman_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Pacman_intermediates/classes.jar]

Note: the configuration refers to the unknown class 'com.android.stk.StkSettings'

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/SamsungServiceMode_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/SamsungServiceMode_intermediates/classes.jar]

Note: there were 1 references to unknown classes.

You should check your configuration for typos.

Preparing output jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Stk_intermediates/proguard.classes.jar]

Copying resources from program jar [/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Stk_intermediates/classes.jar]

luisfe@luisfe-hp:/media/home/luisfe/android/gingerbread$ 

Posted

Nice, thanks!

Posted (edited)

Nvm

Edited by De@n

Posted

Could someone plz compile new build?

Posted (edited)

Could someone plz compile new build?

Well, there is no changes in CM7 since 19th april, so if you want here is a buid from 30th april :)

This build have enabled tablet mode, so you can use soft buttons as can you see:

(you can put notification bar top/bottom and show or not soft buttons, the option are in tablet settings)

2013-05-13%2023.41.46.png

I use this build.prop from an early build, i think everything works great and battery life is so good for me, adapt it for this release:

https://dl.dropboxus...1175/build.prop

Other recommendations:

- Zeam launcher lighter than ADW (you can delete adw apk)

- Puffin browser (good speed even in 2G)

- QuickPic for photo gallery (if you use this, you should remove gallery apk)

Download:

https://dl.dropboxus...ICIAL-blade.zip

md5sum: 6692214389ab738a1d38efb624d74cae

Edited by luisfeser

Posted

Hi luisfeser

To use your build do I need to flash the gapps? Or it's included in the ROM?

Posted

hi all

any idea on when is the next stable release, its almost been a year i think?

Posted

I think, never...

Posted

hi all

any idea on when is the next stable release, its almost been a year i think?

This ROM is probably as good as it can get, and there are 2 newer CM versions out there, so I guess the development on CM7 has halted for a while now. My suggestion is to use Konstat's CM10.1 for Blade, it's just smoother and overall much better than CM7.

Posted

@ targetbsp

Would it be possible to proceed with the compilation of a new rom with the latest news.

In advance, thank you.

Posted

This ROM is probably as good as it can get, and there are 2 newer CM versions out there, so I guess the development on CM7 has halted for a while now. My suggestion is to use Konstat's CM10.1 for Blade, it's just smoother and overall much better than CM7.

I have a Idea (ZTE) Blade it's a gen2 256 MB RAM device. Currently running cm-7-20130101-NIGHTLY with 256 MB Swap enabled on Class 10 card.

I have asked same question in CM 9 thread and they said with 256 MB RAM it is better to stick to GB 2.3.7.

Would you still recommend going for Konstat's CM10.1 for Blade?