new new new

Guest fredewis

Guest fredewis
Im not sure about 2.51.1 but my understanding is it shouldnt matter, mine was 2.51. Try redownloading, its possible your download is corrupt?

have a read through this and see if it can help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714114

yea i keep re downloading it and same thing i placed the back up folder in my recovery back up and when i go to restore advance i put restore system and it keeps saying md5 miss match every time...

can U post a new back up for me.

Edited by fredewis

Guest Diggedy
am i ment to flash the whole back up you gave me ot jut the system ? for example flash the whole backup then flash fix or flash the backup system partition then the fixed ?

afaik its just the system you flash

Guest Higgsy
ooo one last question do i just restore nandroid then flash the fix ...? thanks what is the deodex bit about?

nandroid in clockworkmod/backup folder on sd

boot into recovery

wipe data/cache

backup/restore - advanced restore - choose the nandroid choose system only

Once complete pull battery

Power/vol up to get into bootloader

flash the fixed sbf via RSD lite

it will reboot automatically and one booted its done

The deodexed files can be flashed via CWM, you can integrate it into the above process and flash after the system restore before you pull the battery.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...t-deodexed.html - gives a basic overview to what it means - personally I deodex/optimise framework/app on every rom I use.

Guest fredewis
nandroid in clockworkmod/backup folder on sd

boot into recovery

wipe data/cache

backup/restore - advanced restore - choose the nandroid choose system only

Once complete pull battery

Power/vol up to get into bootloader

flash the fixed sbf via RSD lite

it will reboot automatically and one booted its done

The deodexed files can be flashed via CWM, you can integrate it into the above process and flash after the system restore before you pull the battery.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...t-deodexed.html - gives a basic overview to what it means - personally I deodex/optimise framework/app on every rom I use.

oke so i didnt flash it befor the fix can i still flash the deidex zip after ... will have to install clockwork again...?

Guest Higgsy
oke so i didnt flash it befor the fix can i still flash the deidex zip after ... will have to install clockwork again...?

yes you can flash it at any time, and no you wont need to reinstall clockworkmod as unless you are manually placing it in /system/app it will install into /data/app. All this will do is replace everything in /system/app+framework. If you have removed anything from system/app or added anything in then you will need to redo that

Guest Higgsy
ok great just did it ......now im on 2.2 sow by following does step its possible to downgrade.

yup should be

all depends what you were on before though doesn't it

Guest Diggedy
i was on 2.51.1 is that ok .

the best way to test this is to flash the official stock 2.51 software and see if its downgraded. If that works then just put 2.2 back on the same way you just have then you will be happy in the knowledge you can downgrade

Guest fredewis

Yea is all smooth here thanks guys for all the help ....now im looking for black theme for status bar .......lol (and ill be done..)

Guest Diggedy
Yea is all smooth here thanks guys for all the help ....now im looking for black theme for status bar .......lol (and ill be done..)

it might be a step back but some of the custom roms on XDA have the black bar however I believe they are earlier versions of froyo. That being said, I dont think there is much difference and its likely they are better as the bugs have been ironed out by the rom devs/chefs.

Guest fredewis
it might be a step back but some of the custom roms on XDA have the black bar however I believe they are earlier versions of froyo. That being said, I dont think there is much difference and its likely they are better as the bugs have been ironed out by the rom devs/chefs.

how is it for me to change the collours using metamorph ...or something like that.