MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

128 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CWM for sure, that's why I didn't do anything yet...

mine is a V10a... I need the original ROM for warranty reason.. before any progress could be done~

I'm facing the same issue, is there any chance we'll see a V10A nvflash image? Or is there any known way of flashing the LG images (kdz)?

Posted · Report post

Why not just do a clockworkmod backup?

P

Posted · Report post

Why not just do a clockworkmod backup?

P

Because I was stupid to begin with, I didn't realize that the LG software refuses to install their stock firmware. And now it's too late to create the backup that I should have made.

Posted · Report post

Because I was stupid to begin with, I didn't realize that the LG software refuses to install their stock firmware. And now it's too late to create the backup that I should have made.

After hours searching I have found something that actually looks promising for my situation, a set of .bin + .fls here, I guess it may be usable with the same smartflash tool that the baseband (fls) that is posted here was done with...?

Posted · Report post

Guys, way too much stress. LG are *very* unlikely to reject a warrant claim (assuming you _ever_ need one) on a *licensed*, *signed* rom... just accept b/c and be done with it.

Posted · Report post

Guys, way too much stress. LG are *very* unlikely to reject a warrant claim (assuming you _ever_ need one) on a *licensed*, *signed* rom... just accept b/c and be done with it.

That image seems to have worked flawlessly with smartflash, though. I'm back to a pristine v10a of LG craptasticness, ready get this crashy thing replaced!

Posted · Report post

New baseband is out: 1035.21_20110405

Posted · Report post

New baseband is out: 1035.21_20110405

How? Where?

Posted · Report post

It wasn't working.... now I can see some messages!

WISH ME GOOD LUCK!! :)

YESSSSS!!!!!

Now It boot!!!

I'm ready to flash clockworkmod, and restart playing! :)

Thank you all folks! :) :P ;)

HI, How long did you wait for the whole process? I have waited for an hour.

Posted · Report post

HI, How long did you wait for the whole process? I have waited for an hour.

Not 1 hour... less than 10 mins...

Posted · Report post

I also have the problem with "nvflash starting" just hanging. and now my phone wont boot, it wont even power on.

Posted · Report post

If I get this, will I still be able to push the LG update with the new baseband?

Posted · Report post

I need to return my handset, I assume this would be the best way to get it back to factory standard?

I did upgrade the baseband too, I suppose I should revert that back?

Posted · Report post

I'm stuck at "Nvflash started" from one hour.

How can I retry? Can I just unplug the USB cable?

Posted · Report post

I'm stuck at "Nvflash started" from one hour.

How can I retry? Can I just unplug the USB cable?

Yep, try again.

Took me 5 or 6 attempts I think, including some "failed" errors.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yep, try again.

Took me 5 or 6 attempts I think, including some "failed" errors.

Thanks, I'm trying again.

There's some way (besides of waiting) to know it's working?

Edit: Ok, if you don't get any message is not working. Now has rebooted in S/W upgrade mode and started sending files :)

Edited by neon_

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I'm trying again.

There's some way (besides of waiting) to know it's working?

Just the on screen feedback I'm afraid.

When I try to get into NVflash mode it wont detect it in windows, and phone is completely dead.

Have to pull battery to get it to boot again.

And I tried to revert to stock backup in clockwork, but now it wont boot to android even. It freezes on LG bootscreen.

Wont go into flash mode no matter what I do. Clockwork works, but I would like to get rid of it as I am to return the phone for service.

Any clue here?

Edit: Suddenly worked...strange

Edited by Neo83

hi!

I would like to return to stock situation like when i bought my phone. this is because now i get some errors about ended process and i tried different rom. I have done all possible wipe and tried different rom. So i think that it is a problem caused by a wrong restore from a backup. Will this method help me to return to the beginning with original rom?

Edited by sndaniele

Posted · Report post

hi!

I would like to return to stock situation like when i bought my phone. this is because now i get some errors about ended process and i tried different rom. I have done all possible wipe and tried different rom. So i think that it is a problem caused by a wrong restore from a backup. Will this method help me to return to the beginning with original rom?

Yes it will - and it worked for me on Win 7 x64, but I had to try a few times - turning the phone off, and then turning it back on into APX mode, and second or third time it worked. I highly recommend checking out http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...s-links-active/ before you do it, as you need to install the drivers manually.

Posted · Report post

Hi everbody,

can you help me?

I have a LG OPTIMUS 2X and it don't power on.

I tried to plug device in while holding volume down but not appear anything on screem and not detect anything by pc.

Only the pc detect it when Hold volume down + volume up, then I intall nvflash driver and I run flash.bat but when finish the progres the mobile don't power on and don't appear anything on screem.

When run flash.bat appear this below:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\AndroidModaco\NVflash stock R

OM relase v10b(by paul)\2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash>.\nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hyn

ix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --

configfile android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x0280408540df93d7

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

Thank in advance.

Posted · Report post

Your really the man lol, just screwed up my device, and with this it seems to be working agian :-)

Posted · Report post

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

I'm in exactly the same situation, my phone is dead to the world (trying just about everything) it does get seen by nvflash but I too get stuck at "waiting for bootloader to initialize".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Apologies... Accidentally posted in wrong topic!

Edited by mmorrison

I'm in exactly the same situation, my phone is dead to the world (trying just about everything) it does get seen by nvflash but I too get stuck at "waiting for bootloader to initialize".

Any ideas?

Thanks

hello, my mobile work ok now, make the process "nvflash.bat" several times, after I disconnected the phone and then connect it by pressing vol down "no battery" then the mobile turn on and appear "S/W UPGRADE WHILE WAITING" on screen, and update it with the smartflashtool.

Try this process several times. Good luck.

Edited by Angel_Garcia