Original rom for viewpad 7 is needed

Guest AboAbed

Hi

This is my first post.

Excuse me for my language because English is not my first language.

I just purchased ViewSonic ViewPad 7. I tried to configure it to read and write Arabic and browsing arabic sites. I have changed the files libwebcore.so & libskia.so in /system/lib directory to new files that support arabic as I have read in other sites. But, unfortunately, the device is dead now; I got the 3-birds page when started and nothing after that. Please, upload the rom or guide me to the right solution.

Thanks

Edited by AboAbed

Guest beardedmayhem
Hi

This is my first post.

I just purchased ViewSonic ViewPad 7. I tried to configure it to read and write Arabic and browsing arabic sites. I have changed the files libwebcore.so & libskia.so in /system/lib directory to new files that support arabic as I have read in other sites. But, unfortunately, the device is dead now; I got the 3-birds page when started and nothing after that. Please, upload the rom or guide me to the right solution.

Thanks

Do you have clockwork recovery installed to the partition?

Guest James Kei
Hi

This is my first post.

Thanks

I have it in my viewpad 7 phone, but I am not able to install cwrecovery.img to boot, so not able to dump it for you.

The stock ROM almost perfect, apart from internal storage too small.

regards

James

Edited by James Kei

Guest beardedmayhem

I have the original dumps, as well as an update.zip that will install the stock firmware via CW recovery. If you don't have CW recovery installed you may be able to do a factory recovery:

Hold down both volume keys.

Press the reset button.

Quickly hold down the power button until you see the birds and 'enter recovery' at the top left hand corner.

Try recovering from the menu.

Guest AboAbed
I have the original dumps, as well as an update.zip that will install the stock firmware via CW recovery. If you don't have CW recovery installed you may be able to do a factory recovery:

Hold down both volume keys.

Press the reset button.

Quickly hold down the power button until you see the birds and 'enter recovery' at the top left hand corner.

Try recovering from the menu.

Thank you guys for your help. I have tried that, but it didn't work.

If the stock Rom is not available, I need a way to allow me to access the /system/lib directory to restore the original files while the device is dead.

Thanks

Guest beardedmayhem
Thank you guys for your help. I have tried that, but it didn't work.

If the stock Rom is not available, I need a way to allow me to access the /system/lib directory to restore the original files while the device is dead.

Thanks

Does it boot at all? Can you see the birds graphic or the welcome logo? I don't know how you will be able to access that folder without having a device that boots enough to run adb shell. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to boot into recovery, unless you somehow replaced that particular parition with an invalid one. It's a hard lesson, but you always make a backup before playing around. You may need to send it back to Viewsonic for a re-flash.

Guest AboAbed
Does it boot at all? Can you see the birds graphic or the welcome logo? I don't know how you will be able to access that folder without having a device that boots enough to run adb shell. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to boot into recovery, unless you somehow replaced that particular parition with an invalid one. It's a hard lesson, but you always make a backup before playing around. You may need to send it back to Viewsonic for a re-flash.

I can see the birds graphic but not the welcom logo. Could you upload the update.zip file; I think I will give it a try.

Thanks

Guest beardedmayhem
I can see the birds graphic but not the welcom logo. Could you upload the update.zip file; I think I will give it a try.

Thanks

Do you know how to use ADB shell? I will upload the update.zip to a link in the meantime. Let me know if you can connect to the device via ADB when it boots.

Guest AboAbed
Do you know how to use ADB shell? I will upload the update.zip to a link in the meantime. Let me know if you can connect to the device via ADB when it boots.

I'm not sure what is the ADB. Please, clarify.

Thanks

Guest beardedmayhem
I'm not sure what is the ADB. Please, clarify.

Thanks

Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics.

Edited by beardedmayhem

Guest AboAbed
Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics. I've uploaded the update.zip. It will be available for a couple hours, so get it while you can. You can find it here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/wav1qn9oq

Thanks for the file. I have downloaded it, but I got an error when trying to flash the device, I think the update.zip file either corrupted or incomplete.

Anyhow, many thanks to you. I will open a support case with Viewsonic.

Guest beardedmayhem
Thanks for the file. I have downloaded it, but I got an error when trying to flash the device, I think the update.zip file either corrupted or incomplete.

Anyhow, many thanks to you. I will open a support case with Viewsonic.

Update.zip tested working on my Viewpad 7. Good luck with your replacement.

Guest rosero202

Hi I have the viewpad 7 since a few days, the previous owner did some stuff to it and some apps don't work.

Is it possible to re-up the original rom please?

Thanx in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiddyzxz
Hi

This is my first post.

Thanks

Can you enter the "recovery mode"?you should try "wipe data\factory set".

If it doesn`t work,you should download a rom here and after unziped rename it "firmware.nb0" then move it to your sdcard.

Enter "recovery mode"slete the last one"download from sdcard..."

download " FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part1.rar"&" FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part2.rar"

:D

Edited by kiddyzxz

Guest AboAbed

If it doesn`t work,you should download a rom here and after unziped rename it "firmware.nb0" then move it to your sdcard.

download " FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part1.rar"&" FM6-316R-0-0015-A01_VSI.part2.rar"

:D

Thanks to every one here. I returned it back to the seller. I have replaced it with Dell streak; it is on its way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Claudioggs
Hi I have the viewpad 7 since a few days, the previous owner did some stuff to it and some apps don't work.

Is it possible to re-up the original rom please?

Thanx in advance

Hi,

I bought a Viewpad 7 in USA, Build Number 1008-3-240 (not sure if the last digit is a cero or a leter O).

I backup it full (each mtd ==> cat /dev/mtd/mtd?) after and before clockwork. :)

Let me know what do you need.

Cheers

Edited by Claudioggs

• 3 weeks later...
Guest singsong

:mellow:

hi guy

I have brick my N700

Can I use your image for restore?

Guest singsong
Yikes! Well if you don't know what ADB is you may as well send the tablet back to Viewsonic for a repair. It's doubtful that you will be able to fix it if you don't know the basics.

update.zip link are dead

do you have a mirror, please?

Thanks so much

Guest singsong
update.zip link are dead

do you have a mirror, please?

Thanks so much

I need original rom for 3e recovery. Can someone do an upload of the original ROM?

thanks in advance

Guest beardedmayhem
I need original rom for 3e recovery. Can someone do an upload of the original ROM?

thanks in advance

PM me for help getting your device fixed.

Guest singsong
PM me for help getting your device fixed.

Thanks but I solved the problem.

the linx staff sent me the .nb0 image format for flashing the N700 from 3e recovery.

Guest Claudioggs

thanks in advance

As I xrote some links before, I have a full backup of Viewpad 7 stock rom. Let me know if you need it.

Cheers

Guest singsong
As I xrote some links before, I have a full backup of Viewpad 7 stock rom. Let me know if you need it.

Cheers

thanks so much

I have solved with a .nb0 image from linx

Guest John...
thanks so much

I have solved with a .nb0 image from linx

Any chance you could share this image with the rest of us?

Regards

John