11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
Link invalid to: Baseband 1035.21_20110502 (from LG U660 10S update)

I'm using Fr18b2. Wich basband do you think i should flash the 405 or this one instead?

I have a problem with battery draining.

I also had problems downloading, but when I switched to a different browser it downloaded it successfully from a different mirror. I think the problem is with the delia-server.

On another note, I'm having trouble installing the latest radio. I've flashed the April radio and the February radio without problems, but when trying to flush the latest one, it gives a different sequence of events and times out only 10 seconds after trying to download something to the phone from the smart flash application.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I solved it by trying a different computer.

Edited by Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Is there a new RIL following the 502 baseband? Or can I install the 502 baseband and use the 405 RIL?

Edited by ULJ

Guest RedeemerSK

Been digging into these (modaco / xda-devs) custom basebands / roms / kernels forums since the day I've purchased my P990 (~ 2 months ago). I've never owned android device before so this whole moding vocabulary - custom rom, baseband, ril, kang, nandroid, recovery, clockwork and many others - was new to me.

Today I can say I pretty much understand this crazy 'dialect' and what one must do to flash / restore custom rom (/ kernel), baseband to the device. One thing still bugs me though ...

Why baseband need to be flashed separately from custom ROM. If I think of it as just some firmware to be flashed to some special (P)ROM, then I don't get why flashing baseband wipes storage partitions (especially /system among others). And since one can flash different baseband, then flash / restore custom rom what also overwrites /system but leaves the baseband, it does not look like just a software (custom rom) component to me either. Also, we're flashing recovery images / custom roms with NVflash, but baseband with SmartFlash. Is NVflash not able to do such thing (providing we have bb rls in nvflash format) ?

Can anyone explain what does flashing baseband actually do ? And exactly how it differs from flashing custom rom in terms of internal storage wipe ?

Thx in advance ... I hope my decision not to make new topic and post my Q here wasn't that bad.

Guest abwyatt

Installed the 502 baseband and then restored my stable Fr18 b2 (r14 without ram hack and SQL tweak) and everything is working well except for one small niggly issue which I am not sure if it is my installation or something with the new baseband.

Can anyone confirm if they are able to initiate USSD/MMI codes from the dialer (LG)? I get a dialer FC whenever I initiate a USSD/MMI session on my carrier. Maybe the Koreans do not use USSD/MMI :D

PS. I have had better battery life with 502 then with any other previous baseband. I am observing much less power consumption on WiFi and 3G. Sleep power consumption is similar to previous baseband.

Guest 75markus

finally i also tried out new baseband 1035.21_20110502

i had to try 3 times to flash (first 2 times i got error : timed out), but then it finally worked.

internal sd did NOT get wiped, just /data partition ...

restored my nandroid backup (fr18b2) afterwards, everything worked fine.

everything is ok now, i can send / receive sms, calls, mobile data, etc ...

quality of calls is definetly better, also signal strenght (i´ve got 1-2 more signal bars, no joke ! normally i just had 0-1 bars at home, now 2-4 !!)

everything else just works as usual.

so, i can recommend this baseband for sure !

by the way, my provider is "orange" Austria.

Guest Rusty!
Is an 0405 baseband really an 0405 baseband?

Sooo... trying to get a little bit familiar with my phone, I flashed three different stock ROMs back-to-back, two Euro Open and one Spanish, which seems to be a Euro Open as well. Something registered in the corner of my eye: Different .fls-sizes.

The .fls-files are the baseband-files. When flashed, they all show as version 1035_21_20110405. But, binary speaking, they are not the same.

Now, for all I know, they are identical in function, perhaps compiled with different flags or perhaps padded in some way. They seem to contain exactly the same strings and so forth. (So does the 0315 baseband.)

The one I'm on right now takes a looong time to get a GPS-fix (with nokia supl added and all that), but that doesn't mean much as I haven't tested the other two (stock ROMs). It's a cloudy day as well.

My question to anyone in the know is: Are we *sure* they perform the same, or is LG playing the same version-number game as with the stock ROMs? In other words tweaking the functions without changing version-numbers.

::Trym

Thing is, the baseband versions are just the dates they were released (405 = 5th April, 502 = 2nd May), so there could theoretically be multiple versions with the same number. I notice they all start 1035.21_ as well, god knows what that means :D

Guest MeX_DK

Anyone that has the most recent spanish RIL to go with the 502 radio drivers?. Because I would like to have that to flash together with 502 ?

Guest 75markus
Anyone that has the most recent spanish RIL to go with the 502 radio drivers?. Because I would like to have that to flash together with 502 ?

one moment, i will upload flashable zip soon ...

Guest LevelOne

Uh oh... Problem. I use the 0502 baseband along with the matching above RIL. The problem is this.

I use a prepaid card and every time i want to renew my credits, i dial 1314 (Cosmote Greece). From there, i am connected to a service center which prompts me to dial "3" blah blah.

Not anymore, though. That number simply does not connect (or better, it connects but is, well, dead). No response, cannot hear recorded message etc.

Tried my SIM in my spare device, hey presto, it works. Back to my 2X, dead.

Any clues?

Guest MeX_DK
Uh oh... Problem. I use the 0502 baseband along with the matching above RIL. The problem is this.

I use a prepaid card and every time i want to renew my credits, i dial 1314 (Cosmote Greece). From there, i am connected to a service center which prompts me to dial "3" blah blah.

Not anymore, though. That number simply does not connect (or better, it connects but is, well, dead). No response, cannot hear recorded message etc.

Tried my SIM in my spare device, hey presto, it works. Back to my 2X, dead.

Any clues?

I will try to upgrade baseband on mine and install that RIL and then try to call up my phone company and see if their DMTF system is working or not :D

Guest raze19
Baseband 1035.21_20110502 (from LG U660 10S update) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: d7975ee80189c5933ce99e17fc8cc240

Can anyone re upload it? I'm not able to download this. :D

Guest dragnor007

Hi,

I'm have a Win 7 64 and a Windows Vista 64 computer and in both cases when I plug in the usb cable it finds the APX device but it can't find the drivers. Then i thought the drivers were in the LG driver folder: C:\Program files\LG United MObile driver

But windows still does not find any drivers on any of the computers. So the Smart Flash tool can't work or in other words the Start button never gets active :-(

Can someone please help me with this? i'm still using Baseband 206, is that a bad thing?

Guest 75markus
Hi,

I'm have a Win 7 64 and a Windows Vista 64 computer and in both cases when I plug in the usb cable it finds the APX device but it can't find the drivers. Then i thought the drivers were in the LG driver folder: C:\Program files\LG United MObile driver

But windows still does not find any drivers on any of the computers. So the Smart Flash tool can't work or in other words the Start button never gets active :-(

Can someone please help me with this? i'm still using Baseband 206, is that a bad thing?

i also use win7 64 and successfully flashed 502 baseband, i used the drivers paul posted in first topic ...

Guest dragnor007
i also use win7 64 and successfully flashed 502 baseband, i used the drivers paul posted in first topic ...

I have used the same driver that Paul has posted on both computers without any luck ;)

Did you do anything special or just followed the instructions that Paul has provided?

Guest 75markus
I have used the same driver that Paul has posted on both computers without any luck ;)

Did you do anything special or just followed the instructions that Paul has provided?

not really,

first i tried with my already installed driver -> no luck

then i installed paul´s driver, plugged in phone, windows updated drivers, and phone was shown in com port of smartflash ...

Guest znejk
Hi,

I had the same problem but installed Windows virtual PC and Windows Xp mode and ran it from there and it worked ;)

Just install the LG drivers in win xp mode and runt smartflash from there!

Guest fl4mey
Hi,

just use this drivers... worked and still working perfectly on win7 64bit

Guest dragnor007
not really,

first i tried with my already installed driver -> no luck

then i installed paul´s driver, plugged in phone, windows updated drivers, and phone was shown in com port of smartflash ...

Seems like I should give it another try :-)

Guest kakemanx

Quick question:

I'm on stock rom, no CMW, only rooted the phone

baseband 1035.21_20110223

Kernel2.6.32.9

Build FRG83G

LGP990-v10a

Is it possible to flash the 0502 with smartflash?

Don't want to brick, and want to hold off on the custom rom flashing for the time beeing.. (want to wait and see (optimist eh?) what LG releases within the next weeks)

Is it safe for me?

Thx ;)

Guest kakemanx
Quick question:

I'm on stock rom, no CMW, only rooted the phone

baseband 1035.21_20110223

Kernel2.6.32.9

Build FRG83G

LGP990-v10a

Is it possible to flash the 0502 with smartflash?

Don't want to brick, and want to hold off on the custom rom flashing for the time beeing.. (want to wait and see (optimist eh?) what LG releases within the next weeks)

Is it safe for me?

Thx ;)

Ok... not known to have a whole lot of patiense so... :D

Took a chanse and flashed the 0502 with smartflash... presto!!... it worked... so for anyone else wondering..... go ahead :P