28 Mar: Fr2 - MCR EXT4 test ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Just installed it after doing a full wipe and I can tell it does fly. WiFi however doesn't enable - it just says error :-(

Just NVFlashed back to v10b, worked fine.

As said on XDA, flash it, boot it, reboot immidiately again, and reinstall (don't even have to wipe the second time) and the WiFi will work :D

Edited by wapz

Guest bondis
Just installed it after doing a full wipe and I can tell it does fly. WiFi however doesn't enable - it just says error :-(

Same append to me, I had not upgraded the baseband, so i did the following

Upgrade to latest baseband

Re-flashed

Everything working so far... :D

Guest Sorensiim

I'm having a problem on this rom - Some of my paid apps say I don't have a license for them: Torque, Titanium backup, tapatalk and wifi file explorer :D

Edit: and they're installed from the market, not sideloaded :D

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest djmcnz

I'm not sure if the cause of all of the problems but I've just confirmed the following in my experience:

1st time ROM is installed:

• /system is NOT wiped - "delete_recursive("/system");" in the update script does nothing - "format" might be better in this instance anyway.
  • Files on /system are not all replaced (some are)
  • I can't explain why

After I booted I still had all of the apps I had added to the /system partition and none from the ROM

2nd time ROM installed:

• /system is wiped but is NOT reported in recovery.log (i.e. the log is the same as the 1st install but different result)
    • Old apps are gone, new apps are in

In my mind this explains the WiFi problem (and solution) but I'm not sure about other issues.

If you have problems try mounting and formatting /system manually in recovery before installing the ROM.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest vicsterscon
I'm not sure if the cause of all of the problems but I've just confirmed the following in my experience:

1st time ROM is installed:

• /system is NOT wiped - "delete_recursive("/system");" in the update script does nothing - "format" might be better in this instance anyway.
  • Files on /system are not all replaced (some are)
  • I can't explain why

After I booted I still had all of the apps I had added to the /system partition and none from the ROM

2nd time ROM installed:

• /system is wiped but is NOT reported in recovery.log (i.e. the log is the same as the 1st install but different result)
    • Old apps are gone, new apps are in

In my mind this explains the WiFi problem (and solution) but I'm not sure about other issues.

If you have problems try mounting and formatting /system manually in recovery before installing the ROM.

*Booted to Recovery
    *Wiped Data
    *Manually formated /System
    *Updated from *.zip
    (did not manually wipe Dalvik)

Phone seems to be hanging at the LG screen with the little load bar beneath.. nothing really happening

did i c**k up by not wiping DALVIK ?
So i thought i would take up the challenge

... what ever happend, first install did go abit to fast, so i pulled the the battery booted in to recovery again and installed the *.zip from SD. and this time i took about 1½ min and phone is now booted succesfully ..

by god you are awsome Paul.. will report findings if any pops up

and as always djmcnz a debugging king

/Vic

Edited by vicsterscon

Guest djmcnz
So i thought i would take up the challenge

*Booted to Recovery

*Wiped Data

*Manually formated /System

*Updated from *.zip

(did not manually wipe Dalvik)

Phone seems to be hanging at the LG screen with the little load bar beneath.. nothing really happening

did i c**k up by not wiping DALVIK ?

/Vic

No, I doubt dalvik is your problem, you could always go back and just wipe that (under advanced) and reboot, see what happens.

Alternatively or afterward if it doesn't work, just bang the rom on again, it'll work.

I've just realised the cause of the flashing error - i'm doing the EXT4 conversion too early in the process, i'll move it to AFTER the system write in the next release.

For now, flash, reboot, run recovery and flash again.

Apologies! :D

P

Guest maedox

Works good after flashing twice as noted. I had some minor stuttering sometimes in the menus on my stock ROM (which might be related to me messing around with TiBackup like a mad man), but it's all gone now. Actually it was gone after the nvflash I did yesterday, but now it feels even quicker. Thanks Paul! :D

Quick question: What's the correct way to edit the Camera.apk? I really want to remove the dreaded start/stop recording sound. I know how to edit, I'm wondering if I just edit it and don't resign in any way, will it break the system?

Edited by maedox

Works good after flashing twice as noted. I had some minor stuttering sometimes in the menus on my stock ROM (which might be related to me messing around with TiBackup like a mad man), but it's all gone now. Actually it was gone after the nvflash I did yesterday, but now it feels even quicker. Thanks Paul! :D

Exactly. Pressing home in Launcherpro showing all homescreens with 7 of them in total always lagged, for example. Now it's gone. Amazing! Also scrolling in 3d through the apps drawer is noticeably smoother.

Guest winzhangout

Ok i have flashed to EXT4 before 2450 on benchmark after 2590 so i only went up 140,, how do i reach 3000 like you all?. And one more thing when i flashed it my intern sd card dident get wiped out so alot of crap from before was left.

But big thanks to Paul for all the work he do on this phone!! looking forward to see an kitchen for this later

Guest BrumBrum74

Installed this rom and got FC error on fsecure when starting first time. Probably because I've removed the program before with Titanium Backup. A bit choppy during setup, but running smooth now.

Looking forward to next update Paul. Great work. :D

Changelog

28 Mar: Fr2

• F-Secure crash fix
  • Vending fixes
  • Flash script fix
  • Added internalsd content
  • Install no longer flashes the recovery image
  • Other minor changes

Changelog

28 Mar: Fr2

• F-Secure crash fix
  • Vending fixes
  • Flash script fix
  • Added internalsd content
  • Install no longer flashes the recovery image
  • Other minor changes

Will the Fr2 format the internal sd?

Guest BrumBrum74

Worth upgrading or should I wait for next release?

Edit: Cannot find the SDcard when connection phone to PC.

Where can I copy from the phone so that I can put new version of phone for recovery to find it?

Edited by BrumBrum74