Email problems

Guest hazi1964

Guest hazi1964

Hi all, I'm usually over on the Desire forums but have had to rush out to get a new phone today due to my desire acting up so much that I couldn't use it.

I chose the Defy, am still finding my way around it.

My first problem to come across was that with the internal email client, I am unable to send mail but can receive.

I downloaded Maildroid and it all works fine but I prefer to use the mail that comes with the phone.

I am with T-Mobile and the phone is locked to T-mobile, have checked everything I can think of to see why it won't send but not found a solution.

If anybody is able to come up with any possible solutions, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Alison

PS If I haven't included enough information, do let me know. Cheers

Guest Diggedy

check your smtp server settings. I found it didnt set them up properly for my email addresses, unlike on the desire where it automatically entered the settings correctly.

who is your email provider?

Edited by Diggedy

Guest hazi1964
check your smtp server settings. I found it didnt set them up properly for my email addresses, unlike on the desire where it automatically entered the settings correctly.

who is your email provider?

I did, I entered it all manually, so strange that maildroid works perfectly but would much prefer to use the inbuilt client as maildroid is full of ads. Not that keen on the interface with maildroid either.

I'm with TalkTalk for my broadband and email. I know that if I am using the mobile phone data connection I have to use t-mobile smtp as talktalk won't allow their smtp server to send on another connection. Haven't checked yet if that works, am still trying to sort out the wi fi email settings. I'll get there eventually I'm sure. lol

Alison

Guest hazi1964

Just had another go at setting up the email, still no joy, keep getting authentication error. I've checked and rechecked my settings and they are correct.

Am out of ideas now.

Anyone else on talktalk? Any suggestions?

Alison

Guest Diggedy
Just had another go at setting up the email, still no joy, keep getting authentication error. I've checked and rechecked my settings and they are correct.

Am out of ideas now.

Anyone else on talktalk? Any suggestions?

Alison

try setting the authentication to none and using the t-mobile smtp address : smtp.t-email.co.uk, see if that works. I know you mentioned you were using this smtp before but did you disable the auth and security?

Im not happy with this email program, I have two pop addresses but I cant find a way to quickly switch between the two inboxes or even find a way to merge them, I have to change the default in the settings. Im convinced im doing something wrong but can I hell figure it out :/

Edited by Diggedy