Incredible S is ROOOOOTED!

Guest nerdo

Guest cfhuk

Any more news on this yet guys?

I'm planning my next phone purchase and it's a fight between the incredible s, the optimus 2x and the Atrix so I'm seeing which ones are the most conducive to customization/gingerbreadification. I'm selling my Nexus S. PM me if interested.

Guest timbo007up

Its a semi fake. Its just a rooted rom, but only works with shipped s-off devices, and many devices in china/india are this way. So no way to s-off trough software yet.

Short simple clear: No

• 1 month later...
Guest jkolner
I rooted an Incredible S using SUPERONECLICK, worked fine

How did you get SuperOneClick to work? Was your phone S-Off?

Guest max-k
How did you get SuperOneClick to work? Was your phone S-Off?

If your phone is S-ON, i can unlock it in Paris - France for a cost of 10€.

After that, you can do what you want with your phone.

PM me if interested.

Guest cellrookie
I rooted an Incredible S using SUPERONECLICK, worked fine

No phone is S-On

Phone is unlocked simfree

Debugging checked

Unknown sources checked

HTC Sync chosen once connected

S-ON.jpg

RootHTCIncredibleS.jpg

AcommnaderHTCIncredibleS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DukieBoy
Thanks for the images. It great to have a phone that can be unrooted.

Mine htc incredible s is new one so don't want to do experiment on new phone but as the time pass i will try out on my phone. :D

Hi e1, I'm new to this and hope i'm not breaking any rules here, but I did find a site that show's how to root the HTC Incredible S,

http://androidadvices.com/how-to-root-htc-...ble-s-tutorial/

Can someone that know's about rooting the phone reply back to say if this ok to go ahead or not please :D

Thanks

Guest x1123
Hi e1, I'm new to this and hope i'm not breaking any rules here, but I did find a site that show's how to root the HTC Incredible S,

http://androidadvices.com/how-to-root-htc-...ble-s-tutorial/

Can someone that know's about rooting the phone reply back to say if this ok to go ahead or not please ;)

Thanks

Page at android advices is just TEMPORARY ROOT, you come into the "shell" and have root access. Rooted mean on this matters is we can take full control on the device with "easy way". Coz today android ROM is like T-shirt we can changed every week end to taste many of romage. with S-ON device we just rent from HTC without able to do anything to the beast. Im regret bought this IS.

Guest malooga
Page at android advices is just TEMPORARY ROOT, you come into the "shell" and have root access. Rooted mean on this matters is we can take full control on the device with "easy way". Coz today android ROM is like T-shirt we can changed every week end to taste many of romage. with S-ON device we just rent from HTC without able to do anything to the beast. Im regret bought this IS.

Over at Xda Alpharev have rooted the incredible s, the software should be available at the end of this month.