[MetaMorph] Transparent Power Control Widget for all roms

Guest Skrible

Guest Skrible

Hi fellas!

I like my power control widget to be nice and clear so here is the result:

clearpowerss.png

I promised (9 months ago) you guys a metamorph theme that simply makes power control widget transparent.

So here it is: clearpower.zip

Place it in sdcard\AndroidThemes, apply with metamorph and reboot. Take a backup of your system before applying this mod. I've tested this with MMHMP, but its should work on any rom.

Older rom specific mods:

Flash with clockwork. Remember to take a full backup of your system!

clearpower_SS.zip

MD5: c3c5927969fd95a7438c058442b83311

And it looks like this on Ginger Stir Fry B17

gingert.png

clearpower_GSF.zip

Edited by Skrible

SS RLS3. Doesn't work for me either. Installed via CW. Even tried extracting it and overwriting settings.apk into /system/app, but still didn't work.

EDIT: skribble, I have replied to your pm.

Forgot to mention only change i have on mine is Frankish TrueGingerbread green circle battery mod and using overclock kernel running 324-691MHz.

Edited by xzyk

Guest zelazko

Hi.

Works on my Blade - CW3.0.1.4, SS RLS3, but background is not clean - some transparent artefact are visible on green background. (sorry for my english )

zelazko

post-821319-1301416814_thumb.png

Edited by zelazko

Guest Skrible

This is a bit frustrating when I'm not experiencing the same power control widget crashing problem, like you guys. I'll look into this mod on the weekend and I'm gonna redo it and see if it helps. I'll try to make a metamorph theme so those whose power control widget and settings from appdrawer are disappearing should not experience it anymore. I can't promise anything but I'll do my best.

EDIT: I'm gonna fix that noise around the symbols tomorrow.

Edited by Skrible

Guest triobot
great work, but couldnt you achieve this with widgetsoid? or is it different?

widgetsoid is probably better. Personally i don't use bluetooth so it would save me a space, also i like the flashlight feature on wigdetsoid.

This mod is kind of redundant because of widgetsoid unless you don't like the space it takes on a screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Toldo

Skrible, have you managed to change the data on/off icon? I was looking for it everywhere and couldn't find it. It's tricky because it's not even in the settings.apk.

Guest Skrible
This mod is kind of redundant because of widgetsoid unless you don't like the space it takes on a screen.

Might be, but the stock widget compared to widgetsoid works much better. Eg. I'm having problems with the data toggle button with widgetsoid. (It gets stuck to data off mode and if data is on and I turn wifi on, the data gets turned off)

Skrible, have you managed to change the data on/off icon? I was looking for it everywhere and couldn't find it. It's tricky because it's not even in the settings.apk.

I haven't touched the actual icons, but I'll see if I can find it for you. Have you looked into res/drawable-hdpi?

Anyway. I'm sorry I haven't done the metamorph mod yet.

In case if anyone's interested, I could do a transparent mod for the stock music widget. Interested? Anybody?

Edited by Skrible

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yup, it's not there.

You can find the data on/off icons in system\app\Settings.apk\res\drawable-mdpi\

They are named ic_appwidget_settings_data_off.png and ic_appwidget_settings_data_on.png

Hope this helps :mellow:

Guest Toldo
You can find the data on/off icons in system\app\Settings.apk\res\drawable-mdpi\

They are named ic_appwidget_settings_data_off.png and ic_appwidget_settings_data_on.png

Hope this helps :mellow:

Found it already. Thanks anyway;) I'm wondering why is it in mdpi folder as it is used with higher resolution.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to turn back to the normal power control widget ?

I did liked the idea , but with a dark background it isn't that nice.Very hard to see the icons , and why the green bars below are away ?

That way it is very easy to see if something is turned on .

Greetings , and sorry for the complaint , Kuoi

Guest TheManicGibbon
Is there any way to turn back to the normal power control widget ?

I did liked the idea , but with a dark background it isn't that nice.Very hard to see the icons , and why the green bars below are away ?

That way it is very easy to see if something is turned on .

Greetings , and sorry for the complaint , Kuoi

Extract settings.apk from a SS zip, then flash that.

Extract settings.apk from a SS zip, then flash that.

Thanks for the quick answer .

I already tried that , but flashing didn't worked.

I mean ... i tried to "install" the apk file using astro file explorer.

It did something , but at the end I have a message "settings not installed"

Greetings , Kuoi

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks for the quick answer .

I already tried that , but flashing didn't worked.

I mean ... i tried to "install" the apk file using astro file explorer.

It did something , but at the end I have a message "settings not installed"

Greetings , Kuoi

Yes, you'll have to actually flash it through Clockwork, the same way you applied the mod. This should work for you:

REVERT_clearpower_SS_JGMS_GB.zip

Yes, you'll have to actually flash it through Clockwork, the same way you applied the mod. This should work for you:

REVERT_clearpower_SS_JGMS_GB.zip

Thanks will try it in a few minutes.

Now I get it ... I had to replace the settings.apk in the zip file , and then zip it again.

That way clockworkmod would "install" the zip file with the new settings.apk.

I didn't thought about it :)

Greetings and thanks for the help , Kuoi

UPDATE : Working well now ! THANKS again

Edited by Kuoi

• 1 month later...