28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Trym Hansen
Sorry, due to some complications (it's quite a big undertaking) the Norwegian fix won't be online until tomorrow.

P

I can imagine, if it means recompiling every single module and signing some of them. I had no clue Android localization was this "hard-coded", I imagined there just being a few directories/databases with localized strings for lookup.

I really appreciate the effort.

::Trym

Guest djmcnz
Sure, I'll admit to that, although I honestly haven't seen any such improvement myself. I think this is a case of "Unless you know you need it, you don't." I for one am very happy that the option now is deselected by default.

I'm a bit miffed you called my explanation "technical" though, it was designed to be anything but.... ;-)

I agree with your principle that it's useless in the majority of cases.

And to be fair I did say "more technical" which makes it relative to my oh-so-sub-technical reply... but, you get respect points for your reply so I'll edit my edit! :unsure:

Guest Trym Hansen

Having a weird problem here with beta 4. The lg-contacts always default to the "group" page, not the contacts-page. It's rather annoying. Does anyone else get this too? (Could very well be a result of me messing too much with the device between wipes.)

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest DeMar
I would advise restoring your backup and waiting for the Fr16 release...

P

I've tried following rom: [ROM] MoDaCo FR15 Fear Edition 8.2

Same problem also. :)

Right now I'm not sure if this is ROM based problem :P

But before this rom I didn't had this problem.

I would really like if someone can help.

Some calls I can recieve, some not. How the phone will :unsure:

Guest Wovchik
Looking forward to hearing whether people have noticed a real world battery life improvement in Fr16b4!

P

Now i have still 75% after 6 hours with a ltile bit reading Twitter, Mails and about 30mins Games, i think its not too bad

Guest BatfinkUK1

I'm happy with the battery life so far on Fr16b4. 20mins HD Pinball, 1 hour Pod-cast, 45mins FM Radio. 10mins email, 15mins YouTube, 5 mins phone calls. 76% left! after 3.5 hours.

Much appreciated, thank you Paul. :unsure:

Guest XtriLLium

Paul,

Adding a custom zip (smaller then 10M) in the kitchen currently doesn't seem to work..?

It constantly errors out with some "implode"message as soon as the zip is uploaded...

tried winrar, 7zip, even official winzip to create the addon zip.

Anyone?

Grz :unsure:

Edited by XtriLLium

Guest Trym Hansen
Am I the only one who has random wife disconnections? Got this with FR12 too!

I don't have a wife, so I wouldn't know, as for wi-fi it's impossible for any one responder to assume you're the only one, all I can say is that I don't experience any wi-fi or wife disconnects.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest MaxEigelb

Hi, i just did a fresh install of FR16 Beta 4(incl. 64MB hack) with a full wipe.

Now i can't enter the hidden menu anymore (via dialer 1809#*990#)...

Max

Guest mirsadm

The battery life has been awesome for me after doing a full wipe + installing beta 4. It's hard to tell whether it is because of wiping or the update but either way it is good. My opinion on the phone has changed greatly now with Pauls ROMs. It has gone from wanting to smash the phone to quite liking it. Thanks for all the hard work Paul!

The phone is almost always very responsive and quick. The only issues left (for me) are that wifi can be a bit flaky depending on the access point and the phone will still occasionally freeze for a few seconds. Not sure whether the freezes are related to IO but I had never had issues like that on my old HTC Desire.

Guest Riemen

Just baked a new rom with 64 MB fix. I don't see any negative effect, neither with camera, nor with gallery. This time I used Google gallery. Even if the LG gallery is really hardware accelerated, I can see no difference performance-wise.

Guest Squide

Compare to the pre beta version of Fr16..

in Fr16 Beta 4

The LG's stock video player can no longer play h264 high profile mp4

Which I roll back to pre beta Fr16, I can play the file using the same LG player.. though not so smooth.. :unsure:

any changes made on this player?

EDIT1:

just tried to pull the LG video player from the working pre-beta version and push into the Fr16 beta 4, still not working..

I guess it is related to the kernel ? :)

EDIT2:

Confirmed related to the kernel used. The same LG video player can play High Profile h.264 "WITHOUT" the 64MB hack in Fr16 beta 4.

Edited by Squide

Guest wc326

just want to report back about battery draining over night.

so far idling battery drain is like nothing. This is as good as it can get.

2-7% after 9 hours + of sleep...............

this is gettign real good. just like the custom rom for my sgs1

Edited by wc326

Guest Altemir

Paul

From 4pda.ru. Thank you for your big work. Maybe you know, but we have 2 links:

1. http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/svc/popup/mo...000000000000000 If you set IMEI istead of zeros, you get info about phone's original region.

2. http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/cli...ES&region=E If you set IMEI istead of zeros, you get additional links for last LG firmware for phone's original region.

Anybody have IMEI (or code e.g. *ADEUBK* for DE) for korean version SU660?

Link for DE as follow (now): http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10C_00.kdz

Edited by Altemir

Guest okdac

Hi all,

Wonderful ROM Paul.

Wiped all, installed FR16 b4 but nothing new on the battery front... :unsure:

Still losing approx. 10% per hour. Nothing in background (nothing that I can see, indeed).

Just to let you know.

Nevermind, I know you're working hard on it.

Guest achim w.

Hi,

1st of all I want to join the crowd and want to say: Thank you so much for giving us back the fun :unsure: Since having installed MoDaCo ROM my LGOS is the phone I dreamed of when I first ordered it.

Now to the reason I started writing the post: I'm experiencing something funny about the battery drain. Tonight having the phone on flight mode beside my bed I put it to sleep with 41% battery status and I woke up to exactly 41% battery status - that's just amazing (if the numbers were correct). But now when using the phone (playing around with Google Maps, do some gaming, loading and reading email and weather forecast - always connected via 3G) for about 45 minutes all together the battery status went down to 20% that is a battery drain of over 20% in 45 minutes!!!!!! :)

I use FR16 Beta4 with no special kitchen stuff. To show you what the phone says about who is taking the energy I included the screenshot (maibnly because it's in German and I don't know the exact English tranlsation for the terms - but maybe you can tell when looking at the icons):

post-881726-1305700462_thumb.png

Any idea how to change this funny behaviour will greatly be appreciated - thanks

achim

Guest goatee

Hi Paul,

I did a full (cache, dalvik & data) wipe from stock, and then installed FR16b4. Now, I have a strange problem in that after I set up my Exchange account, at the end of the first sync, it deletes itself?? I've tried naming the account, and not naming it, but if I have email open, I can see the emails coming down, and then as soon as it finishes, the account gets deleted :).

Battery life is excellent - leaving it on overnight, it went down 5% in 10 hours, leaving GMail push on :unsure:.

Edited by goatee

Guest federicoc
Hi all,

Wonderful ROM Paul.

Wiped all, installed FR16 b4 but nothing new on the battery front... :unsure:

Still losing approx. 10% per hour. Nothing in background (nothing that I can see, indeed).

Just to let you know.

Nevermind, I know you're working hard on it.

+1

Paul, is time for a full wipe?

Maybe, the drain issue can be caused by touch led notification program (even if I did not received any message or call)?

In partial wake up history I see only the usual "Phone" program.

F.

Edited by federicoc

Guest Paul

If you have battery issues now, it is probably something you have installed! Check your partial wake stats in Spare Parts and yes, the LED notification problem likely will cause drain.

P