28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jay-V

First of all thanks Paul for making this possible!

I just baked a ROM with LG's App Advisor. Unfortunately it does not work for me. After accepting the terms of use I only got a black screen.

Anybody else?

Guest GINTAS111

is it any possibility to upgrade baseband without conection to pc i think my micro usb port crashed cvm or bluetooth?want to try this rom and still on 405 :)

Guest sckank
is it any possibility to upgrade baseband without conection to pc i think my micro usb port crashed cvm or bluetooth?want to try this rom and still on 405 :)

Me to. Shouldnt matter what baseband I think. Just flash the RIL to 405 and you're done B)

Guest djmcnz
Anyone use the 'Go' apps? I thought it might be fun to add a 'Go' edition to the Standard and Vanilla edition releases... :)

Go Launcher in place of standard launcher, Go Contacts in place of standard Contacts, Go SMS Pro in place of standard messaging... you get the idea...

P

Good idea as a kitchen option (I use Go SMS but GB contacts)... however if they're not signed as system apps then there's no benefit really, grabbing them from the Market is pretty easy. Of course if they're resigned then there are other problems...

Guest djmcnz
i can't see the notificationbar clock in the black gingerbread theme!

besides that its a great rom! B)

Wrong/incompatible kitchen options... try again... :)

Guest blafoo

Hello,

the option "LG Widgets" in the kitchen seems not to work - at least for me. Are there any dependencies ? I want to use the LG Weather Widget....

TIA,

blafoo

Guest el liberator
Hello,

the option "LG Widgets" in the kitchen seems not to work - at least for me. Are there any dependencies ? I want to use the LG Weather Widget....

TIA,

blafoo

Hello

try installing this version : signedTodayBriefingWidget.apk

This is the LG weather

:)

Edited by el liberator

Guest thedicemaster

i've been wondering, since the notification-music controls make the now-playing notification pointless, would it be possible to remove the notification?

First of all thanks Paul for making this possible!

I just baked a ROM with LG's App Advisor. Unfortunately it does not work for me. After accepting the terms of use I only got a black screen.

Anybody else?

Noted, i'll check it out!

P

No...

P

Guest maxbaron
i can't see the notificationbar clock in the black gingerbread theme!

besides that its a great rom! :)

I'm having the same trouble: the clock has the same color of notification bar, but I chosen the stock theme (vanilla and gingerbread both unchecked).

Any suggestion?

Max

Guest HaKa69

Hello,

after flashing the MoDaCo FR19 RC1 on my LGOS, my device doesn't boot! Did anyone knows why? My baseband is 20110614. FR18 Beta2 works fine with this baseband!

Thanks.

Guest fifi139

could anyone tell me has the reboot/crash issue been resolved with this ROM? I'm using fr 18 and i just don't want to backup & restore everything again unless it really solve the problem. I notice that most of my lockups happen when it's charged and i'm using intensive apps, eg. games, gps nav, etc where the batt temp could reach 40 degrees something. Other than that, it's ok. So, anyone has solved the problem? thanks

Guest zippyioa
This version can't support download google map in Market right? :)

It does support it. You can either bake it in using the kitchen, or leave it unticked an download yourself.

Guest Andy Boy
It does support it. You can either bake it in using the kitchen, or leave it unticked an download yourself.

oh, thank you! Let me try. :)

Guest ralli1300

Hi Paul,

with Baseband 0606 and RC1 I have problems switching Airplaine-Mode by holding Power-button. When I switch to Airplane-Mode the airplane-symbol is shown and the phone isn't reachable any more. But now I can't swith Airplane-Mode off - the menu-item is still light-gray.

If I switch by toggling in the settings it works.

Edited by ralli1300

Guest Involver
Hi Paul,

with Baseband 0606 and RC1 I have problems switching Airplaine-Mode by holding Power-button. When I switch to Airplane-Mode the airplane-symbol is shown and the phone isn't reachable any more. But now I can't swith Airplane-Mode off - the menu-item is still light-gray.

+ 1 - I've also had this happen on FR18b2, sometimes when another app switches to airplane mode (ie gentle alarm) the power-button option is greyed out

Another question, is JuiceDefender working again with FR19 or does it still crash the phone when switching WiFi?

Guest withoutwings
+ 1 - I've also had this happen on FR18b2, sometimes when another app switches to airplane mode (ie gentle alarm) the power-button option is greyed out

Another question, is JuiceDefender working again with FR19 or does it still crash the phone when switching WiFi?

On FR17 I find that any app - not just Juice Defender - that switches wifi on automatically while the screen is off will cause a reboot.

Guest goatee

I had that in FR18, but not been an issue with FR19 RC1. Strange. Still, you can still turn it on and off, just through the main settings, which is a bit annoying.

Hi Paul,