28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest beeklaan

I've had that, the only thing that worked for me was re-flashing...

Did you try to plug the charger in? After a while it worked for me.

Paul? Can you look at this? I think it's because you took away the 'battery full' notification?

Guest MrMastodon

Did you try to plug the charger in? After a while it worked for me.

Several times, disappeared for a couple of hours, then returned.

Guest alvari

anyones alarm not go off sometimes? keep being late to work...

(on any rom)

I had a problem with the LG alarm clock being 5-15 minutes late with the alarm after I set it to show weather data. :|

Hi Guys,

So if i backup my FR18, flash baseband 0622, convert to EXT3, and flash to FR19,

if i need to revert to FR18, how do i convert to EXT4 again? (or don't have to do that?)

also, would the 0622 baseband support work with FR18? or do i have to flash back previous baseband?

Thanks!!

Guest pfueldner

Hi,

i've had some of the CM7 nighlies installed and decided to come back to MoDaCo Fr19 after a few weeks. So I installed Fr19 yesterday and it turns out that my external SD is not available anymore after making the change. In the settings of SD and Storage the external SD is grayed out and can't even be mounted. If I go into Clockword Recovery and select to install update from SD card, it will bring up the internal SD card which does not have any installable ZIPs of course.

I assume that after coming from CM7 and switching back to Fr19 the mount points for the internal and external SD cards are messed up. Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Guest talp1

I already had 2 shutdowns... so far.. Doesn't sound good.

Me too after baseband update to 0622 :(. Never had reboot before, so I've switched to 0606, and for now (about 3 days) it works.

Guest pitywoman
Me too after baseband update to 0622 :(. Never had reboot before, so I've switched to 0606, and for now (about 3 days) it works.<br />

i also 2 reboot so far. erm last time using fr17 didnt encounter any prob...

Guest Elte Hupkes

I switched to CM7 a few weeks ago after wanting to update the baseband, just to try it out. 0622 had _horrible_ battery life for me so I downgraded to 0606, but that had horrible call quality..

Oh well, long story short, yesterday I decided to go back to Fr19 and 0622, after CM7 crashed on me a couple of times too often. I was slightly surprised to notice that Fr19 is actually a lot snappier than CM7. It just generally feels quicker. Also my battery life seems to be back to normal, I'm at 74% after a little over 17hrs on. Not the best I ever had, but certainly the best in a while. The only thing that's missing is CM7's GPS performance (I once again can't get a fix here), but I suppose I maybe just have to mess with some settings again.

And the fact that Paul's working on a Gingerbread MCR actually gives me something to look forward to when coming back from my holiday in a few weeks :D.

Guest Kostja_V

Hello Paul.

Till now my O2x was running on stock v10c (0622), but today LGMobile update informed me that firmware update is available. I agreed to update, and now it is v10d, but still with 0622 baseband. All files in system folder are dated July 1st (in v10c it was June 22nd) so possibly there is something new for you to use. Or...it's just a repacked version of v10c (0622) for our region. The only difference I found, it doesn't have built-in OTA update check.

http://www.multiupload.com/WZ9N23QKN8 - it's a kdz file of this firmware, it can be flashed over any stock version via KDZ_FW_UPD_EN

Guest alvari

Hey, fr19 feeling smooth here, but I've ran into a bit of a really serious problem.

My phone has now few times lost it's ability to receive and make calls. I never get any dial tone when dialing and when trying to call my phone, the operator just says my phone is unreachable.

Anyone else having these issues? They seem to arrive when having the phone on too long without a reboot.. So far a reboot has fixed this every time (had it like 3 times). Any clues on how to fix this? I haven't had this problem before with fr18 and 0405 (I think) baseband..

Baseband: 1035.21_20110622

Rom: Fr19 (LGP990-V10c-20110622)

Guest c.joenie

So I updated my phone with the 622 baseband, installed FR19, did NO backup/restore and still got into blue bar running in front of me... What to do?

Guest ciarpame

Just now I realized that what I thought a random dialing issue has the behavior of a severe bug: the first call I made after a boot is always muted. The call is placed but from both sides you cannot hear nothing. Then after the hangup every call runs fine, without issues.

I'm using a FR19 kitchened with most google ingredients (dialer included), baseband 622 as suggested and using 2G network. Wiped everything during rom installation, as recommended.

What can I do?

Edit: culprit found! It's Viber beta 2.0.109054. Reinstalling and clearing data it's not enough, I had to uninstall it and now dialing works as expected. I will report this issue to Viber guys

Edited by ciarpame

Guest alvari

So I updated my phone with the 622 baseband, installed FR19, did NO backup/restore and still got into blue bar running in front of me... What to do?

couple things to check..

* if coming from previous Fr, make sure you have converted back to ext3 (see first post for details)

* did you do a wipe before install? If not, try a full wipe and then re-install fr19

Guest o2mike

I have a problem with MCR Fr19.

I installed the new Baseband 622 and everything worked.

I booted CWM and did a full wipe.

Then I Installed the new Clockwork Mod 4 because a had the old 3.0. everything good so far.

Then I flashed Fr19 and CWM said flashing complete.

When I reboot the phone it shows the LG logo followed by the LG logo with the blue loading bar followed by the MoDaCo logo and then reboots. Its a bootloop.

I flashed it again, but same bootloop again.

Any suggestions?

-----EDIT-----

I realize that wiping with CWM 3 and then flashing with CWM 4 might not have been the best idea.

I did a full wipe again and it says "System Checking..." while it shows the LG logo with the blue bar for a while before the Modaco logo appears.

hopefully it will work now.

-----EDIT2-----

Worked.

Edited by o2mike

Guest lixeira

back to basics ...

add r19 (new baseband) ... 3 bugs detected:

1. if charging with usb cable connected to pc ... call where automatic diverted to voicemail

2. lost signal during some calls (calls disconnected) and 25% of call diverted to voicemail

3. 2 shutdownds after full charge ... battery icon empty ... add to charge again

back to root stock 2.2.2. :(

I noticed that FR19 has a drain in the sensors in Android System. And I think it has to do with rotation. When I disable rotation it doesn't show up that much in Sensor Usage. All other LG tweaks with the sensors are disabled. Can somebody confirm this?

I also went back to 0405 because I always had the feeling 0606, 0614 and 0622 didn't really improve anything and had worse battery consumption and I had good experience with 0405 and the RIL from the then Spanish rom Paul used. I completely reinstalled after flashing the baseband, so it should be a good test.

Guest MeX_DK

Kitchen are still not remembering my options :(. On reload the kitchen simple resets. I would like an option to save my preferences to a file and then being able to import it rather then having to reclick and doublecheck everything every once in a while.

back to basics ...

add r19 (new baseband) ... 3 bugs detected:

1. if charging with usb cable connected to pc ... call where automatic diverted to voicemail

2. lost signal during some calls (calls disconnected) and 25% of call diverted to voicemail

3. 2 shutdownds after full charge ... battery icon empty ... add to charge again

back to root stock 2.2.2. :(

I think you should re flash and wipe all after.

I didn't have the issues you are describing and all works very nicly for me.

Guest lixeira

I think you should re flash and wipe all after.

I didn't have the issues you are describing and all works very nicly for me.

Reflash two times ... full wipe :( same story ... even try vanilla Rom ... still the same .. except for the reboots.

Guest linu30

Hi!

I've been running FR15 Fear Edition BGB 8.2 without any problems. But I can't get FR19 to start. I've done a wipe of the phone and then tried to install above update, but the phone just freezes.

I still have the FR15.zip on the sdcard so I've been able to rollback to that version.

Is the download in this thread simply an upgrade from another ROM than I'm using? Meaning it's incompatible with FR15 Fear Edition? What download should I try instead?

I am running baseband version 1035.21_20110405, is this the problem?

If I follow the above instructions to install latest baseband, will this also wipe my Clockwork Recovery and my SD Card? In that case, how do I go about installing FR19 after upgrading baseband?