28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest planeth

I messed up :/

I just wiped my phone and installed fr13.

I use swiftkey, so I chose no keyboard in kitchen.

Now my phone has no keyboard... I can't sign in to market, without a keyboard. I can't run an apk, since I only have standard apps on the phone right now. I don't know how to get to recovery witout pauls recovery tool.

Titanium Backup is also out of reach, without market.

I have fr12 including keyboard on the sd-card...

How do I get a keyboard, or get into recovery, so I can flash my fr12?

Hope someone can help me, my phone is useless right now.

EDIT: Figured it out now... I just had to hold volume down + power for a long time... Obviously I didn't hold it long enough before.

Edited by planeth

Guest ezangrando
OK peeps... gonna go though every tweak i've made today with a fine tooth comb ready for a super-slick Fr14. Think we can extract that last ounce of performance. :mellow:

P

Just flashed r13! Now ready for r14 =)

Keep holding down "VOL Down" + "Power" while powering on the device...

Edit: Too slow :mellow:

Edited by Guest

Guest Wovchik

How do I get a keyboard, or get into recovery, so I can flash my fr12?

Hope someone can help me, my phone is useless right now.

EDIT: Figured it out now... I just had to hold volume down + power for a long time... Obviously I didn't hold it long enough before.

- Turn jour Phone off

- Hold down the "volume Down" button and press and Hold the Power button till the Recovery comes on.

But you need the CWM Recovery on the phone

EDIT: too slow, too :mellow:

Edited by Wovchik

Guest orion1602

Just install a cooked one,

I had some problems with the market, but now it's ok

Since i installed this rom, my phone is really fast compared to fr12. I don't know if it's beacause i done the 2 kind of wipe.

Thanks for your job,

the kitchen is a very cool thing!

OK peeps... gonna go though every tweak i've made today with a fine tooth comb ready for a super-slick Fr14. Think we can extract that last ounce of performance. :mellow:

P

Hi Paul, please make sure to include gps.conf in /etc because the a-gps still doesn't work on MCR and/or stock. It's such an easy improvement.

Guest Norupz

First of all.. Thank you Paul for your great work!

I was happy to see that I could bake me a ROM with the standard contacts and sms applications :o But it's in english?? :mellow:

So my question is: Could it be made universal, so it changes the language according to the settings in the specific device?

Hi Paul, please make sure to include gps.conf in /etc because the a-gps still doesn't work on MCR and/or stock. It's such an easy improvement.

Noted!

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Hi Paul, I'd be very happy if you could look at the "Norwegian bug" again.

I just got a response from LG: "Can you please specify a more detailed description on the problem, the technicians don’t seem to think your explanation is enough. Thank you!".

I simply answered that they need better technicians, not better explanations, as the one I gave them pinpointed the problem exactly. Doesn't look like we'll ever get a "proper" norwegian version from them.

::Trym

Guest Trym Hansen
First of all.. Thank you Paul for your great work!

I was happy to see that I could bake me a ROM with the standard contacts and sms applications ;) But it's in english?? :blink:

So my question is: Could it be made universal, so it changes the language according to the settings in the specific device?

Hmm....this is the same issue bothering Norwegians as well. Install the app "Custom Locale", and take a look at which string LG has used for Danish. (At the top of the screen, after "Current Locale:")

I tested it on my device, and I get Danish menus and apps by selecting "da_DK" for locale (which does not happen when selecting norwegian bokmål, we get english.) What is yours set at initially?

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest mostrapotski

Dunno for you guys but the clock with the gingerbread theme is black, background is black too, hum :mellow:

Everything else rocks as usual, thank you.

Guest Reckoner123
Dunno for you guys but the clock with the gingerbread theme is black, background is black too, hum :mellow:

Everything else rocks as usual, thank you.

I did this going from FR11 to FR12. Its a conflicting part youve chosen and cooked, couldnt figure out which, assuming its the theme.

Guest bswpt

@Paul, may i ask you for vpn-implementation?

In the N1-mcr my vpnc-app allways connected properly with my FritzBox.

In the 2x-mcr the connection doesn't work anymore.

I'm only PowerUser and not able to go deep in OS, so i don't now wether tun.ko oder any other specific Details are missing in this ROM.

As you probably know (i remember that you are also using a FritzBox) the built-in VPN within Android doesn't work with FritzBox.

I would be very pleased if you would consider to implement this feature.

Guest MeX_DK
@Paul, may i ask you for vpn-implementation?

In the N1-mcr my vpnc-app allways connected properly with my FritzBox.

In the 2x-mcr the connection doesn't work anymore.

I'm only PowerUser and not able to go deep in OS, so i don't now wether tun.ko oder any other specific Details are missing in this ROM.

As you probably know (i remember that you are also using a FritzBox) the built-in VPN within Android doesn't work with FritzBox.

I would be very pleased if you would consider to implement this feature.

I asked Paul for guidelines on how I could make tun.ko to my own stock rom, but sofar with no reply. But according to Paul tun.ko should be included with MCR at least as far as i remember.

I just want it on my stock phone :mellow:

Guest Mrjava65

As posted in XDA...

I tried install Modaco rom withough understanding the diff between Optimus 2x and G2x. Needless to say, im semi bricked and no radio. (i can run a p990 rom, but no baseband radio).

How can I achieve the following?

Aguire, reinstall baseband radio for G2x (P999)

Appy the STOCK G2X rom, (and realign the dataspaces/partions)

Ive got rooting down to a snap, as well as CWM. I tried restoring from backup, But I end up in a reboot loop.

Ive tried reading through different threads/posts/forums, and end up confusing myself.

Guest MeX_DK
As posted in XDA...

I tried install Modaco rom withough understanding the diff between Optimus 2x and G2x. Needless to say, im semi bricked and no radio. (i can run a p990 rom, but no baseband radio).

How can I achieve the following?

Aguire, reinstall baseband radio for G2x (P999)

Appy the STOCK G2X rom, (and realign the dataspaces/partions)

Ive got rooting down to a snap, as well as CWM. I tried restoring from backup, But I end up in a reboot loop.

Ive tried reading through different threads/posts/forums, and end up confusing myself.

I would think you would need NVFlash for that. With NVFlash however you also need to find the base image for the G2X, or perhaps LG's Mobile tool can restore it for you. That is if the G2X is actually sold as an LG one :mellow:

Guest Mrjava65
I would think you would need NVFlash for that. With NVFlash however you also need to find the base image for the G2X, or perhaps LG's Mobile tool can restore it for you. That is if the G2X is actually sold as an LG one :mellow:

LG Optimus 2X = Tmo G2X, and thats how the confusion started.

As far as the NVFlash goes, Im trying to find the instruction on how to PROPERLY utilize that.

Guest MeX_DK

Well doesn't Tmob give you any software tools for updating the Android OS etc?. Because I know my LG software is "able" to restore my phone if it goes wrong. I havent controllled wether it works or not :mellow:

Guest MeX_DK
I haven't seen an app that installs to the External SD card on this device. they all go to the Phone first, then you can move them.

sorry for the silly question but what apps do you mean ?

As far as I understand selecting "move to SD" under the applications doesn't move them to the External SD, but actually only to the Internal SD. Correct me if I am wrong.