SE Arc and custom roms?

Guest Sylar2010

Guest Sylar2010

Now that SE decided to make the Arc easily rootable and custom roms friendly will we have a chance to see any Modaco rom running on it?

Guest Lens_flare

Why we should have to wait modaco?

If SE will make custom-like recovery, they present a kitchen to easily make some changes on their roms.

Guest Sylar2010

As I understood the online website will be for unlocking the fastboot mode only using MIEI code, so branded Arc would not have the opportunity to use custom roms but SIM free will.

Perhaps Paul can find a way to bypass the IMIEI security check and root all the Arc way before SE :D

As for custom roms we will have to expect devs to build them because it will not be an option on the SE website

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Step666
It will be...

Ah, so not strictly true when you started the thread.

Still, the unlocking site is active, so hopefully not too much longer...

Guest Sylar2010

First step toward paradise on Arc has been made, I hope Paul is already building a Rom for us:

1-Unlock the bootloader

2-Root

3-Optional but very useful: Recovery

4-Custom Roms

Later:

5-SE release the kernel source

6-Ported roms like MIUI that need modified kernels

Guest Sylar2010

Ok guys!

Root is done now :)

We just have to wait for the return of the Jedi (P) on Tuesday so he can build the first? custom rom on Arc and Play

Guest RandyboY

Sweet :-)

I tried the "official" bootloader-trick but the driver they put in there didnt work on my machines...

What i would love is to have the new Sense on my new Arc. The phone itself is GENIOUS but I'm comming from Desire and i _really_ miss the Sense... Another thing is MyPhoneExplorer for this phone is also _very_ sweet :-)