Weird behaviour when charging

Guest Elvis Sawdust

Guest Elvis Sawdust

For the last couple of days I've had an intermittent problem when charging my blade.

Plugged in to the charger it says it's charging on the screen and at a particular percentage, when I go back to it it still says it's charging but the percentage has dropped by 20-30%

Last night I plugged it in to the charger, again it said it was charging but actually discharged by 30%, but the screen wouldn't sleep and the text saying it was charging was flashing on and off.

The phone also discharges rapidly if I use it, It was on 100%, I went on Twitter for 10 minutes and, and the phone went down to 30%, I plugged it in, a few minutes later I looked at it and it was down to 1%, but then started charging its self up.

Last night I forgot about it and left it plugged in to the charger, when I got up it had charged to 100%

I'm calling Orange later to see what they suggest, but wondered in the meant time if any one else has come across this problem

Guest Elvis Sawdust

Quick update, Left phone plugged in over night, got up this morning and the phone had discharged from 77% down to 1 %, it wouldn't even switch on till I plugged it in to the PC, phoned Orange who did a diagnostics on the phone, not sure how they did that? they said it's a fault battery, a new one should be here tomorrow.

Guest Elvis Sawdust

Quick update, Left phone plugged in over night, got up this morning and the phone had discharged from 77% down to 1 %, it wouldn't even switch on till I plugged it in to the PC, phoned Orange who did a diagnostics on the phone, not sure how they did that? they said it's a fault battery, a new one should be here tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elvis Sawdust

Another update.

New battery arrived but didn't solve the problem, called Orange again and they've sent a new charger.

Problem is solved and battery life is massively improved over the old battery and charger, phone fully charged at night is still showing 100% in the morning on standby, during the day on standby, the phone still has 95-97% battery left on stand by.

A couple of hours browsing, tweeting and Angry birds in the evening leaves me with 75% battery.