[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest Casterina
yes....and i reinstal the rom 4 times and nothing...:|

Did you download the 20th april update or the 2nd april update. if you downloaded the 2nd april update, download the 20th and see if you can recieve sms.

Guest R3v3r3nD

I also have the problem with headset. It's either working with the sound going through the speaker or not working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it? Oh and good headset replacement suggestion would also be nice :mellow:. I like this mod a lot and would like to use it, but if I won't be able to use the headset I think I will switch back to FLB... :o

Are there any topics/links to tutorials on development? Any way to help, access to already modded source?

Guest aress

i dont have problem with my signal(its full)...all applications,all functions of the phone works fine....only the sms problem...i dont know what to do

pls... help

Guest Casterina
i dont have problem with my signal(its full)...all applications,all functions of the phone works fine....only the sms problem...i dont know what to do

pls... help

Are you using a alternative sms application on your phone?

Guest no_se

pls... help

But this is not the known sms-bug?

Are you using an sdcard?

How much space is left on system?

Wich swap configuration?

Guest R3v3r3nD

OK, I managed to pinpoint my problem - the headset works more or less when listening to music and such, but once I make a call or pick up a call it goes silent and the other person doesn't hear me. Since then I can't even listen to music... Another thing is that WiFi doesn't work that well - I have to try to reconnect several times before I get IP address. But that hs thing is priority, anyone?

Guest Casterina
But this is not the known sms-bug?

Are you using an sdcard?

How much space is left on system?

Wich swap configuration?

This only occurs on the offical uk update 2.1.. it can be fixed by setting a SWAP if necessary.

Guest nelson mori

pls... help

maybe APN configuration ?

Guest totiadrenalin
maybe APN configuration ?

Check the sms service number.

Also type ps in the terminal. if the sms app stays in process then everything is OK!

And be sure that the option keep sms app is selsected in the Cyanogenmod settings

Also you can check the running apps in the Settintgs Applications!

Or maybe download some task manager to check it, or download the system panel application.

I personally prefer the system panel application!

Anyway Antonio and TOM!

What about the official Cyanogenmod support of PULSE?

It's been weeks since TOM promise that this rom will become official!

I'm not hurrying you, just asking you!

Thanks anyway for the rom!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest James Kei

FEEDBACK

I flashed lastest CM7 ROM again, it works.

1. But "Barnacle ad hoc wifi" NOT working for my IPAD anymore, where 2.1 UK stock ROM works.

2. native App2SD half work, able to move apps to SD, but not able to run it, work arround move back to internal, then run it. such as Angry birds game.

Any idea ? thanks

James

Edited by James Kei

Guest gbayar

Very nice start with CM7 even though have no camera and market, hope it will be fixed soon. :o But got big issue with battery life, 2-3 times faster it drains off than in CM6. Anyone else had this problem too and any ideas about it? :mellow:

Guest Casterina

If it is the calender storage which is draining the battery for the CM7.. download anttek app manager and freeze it and se if it resolves the issue..

Guest pedrojaime

Smooth calendar is also very good, light, low memory footprint app and I find I can 'freeze' (disable) applications to make CM7 fast also with Titanium Backup Pro which improves things. I get 1-2 days out of 1 battery charge with 3G enabled, less with wifi, GPS and Bluetooth enabled and even less if you have your screen brightness of full :mellow: hope it helps,

Peter

Guest Casterina

Is it recommended to freeze the stock messaging app and use a alternative app> no matter how many times i kill the app, it never gets removed from the app killer...

Guest gbayar
If it is the calender storage which is draining the battery for the CM7.. download anttek app manager and freeze it and se if it resolves the issue..

Thank you, will check it

Guest Casterina
Thank you, will check it

Tell me if you can see a increase in battery life please, i downgraded to 2.2 because of the battery drain on CM7 other than that, this ROM is awesome :mellow:

Guest Dr Who
Is it recommended to freeze the stock messaging app and use a alternative app> no matter how many times i kill the app, it never gets removed from the app killer...

I thought this was implemented deliberately to stop SMS messages not being received when the phone runs low on memory? Certainly was on CM6 and perhaps it has made its way into CM7?

Guest pedrojaime

Well, I can tell you I have the alarm clock frozen and I am using an alt alarm clock program, not sure if this is the case that you can do this with the messaging app too. I just tried freezing the inbuilt messaging app and rebooted without issue but of course, no SMS now without this process (as is to be expected). Do you know of a good light alternative to the messaging app (and file manager)? What process do you see using up the CPU? I cannot see it either in advanced task manager or running 'top' from the terminal.

Talking more about the freezing, I have done a lot of experimentation lately on which services are safe to freeze (disable) from the Android OS. I now have the speed and responsiveness on a Huawei u8220 that others get with a Nexus 1 with twice the processing power..

I find that setting Advanced task manager to kill processes agressively when too much memory is used hels too but by far the best performance increase can from disabling the following processes with Titanium backup:

-andriod keyboard

-bluetooth share

-certificate installer

-[ALARMS] clock (does not kill my clock in the status bar)

-Cyanogenmod notifications

-Cyanogenmod wallpapers (does not prevent CM wallpaper from being displayed once set)

-dev tools

-download manager (may be needed for browser/market, not tested yet)

-downloads (may be needed for browser/market, not tested yet)

-DRM protected storage

-facebook

-FOTA kill

-Gallery

-Google backup transport (may need for google to backup your phone)

-Latin input method tutorial

-Live Wallpaper

-Market (may be needed for browser/market, not tested yet)

-Market feedback agent (not needed for market to work, though I guess you cannot rate software without it, not tested)

-Market Updater (what is this for? updates market app??)

-My uploads

-Network location (GPS?)

-Package access helper (for installing apps?)

-Package Installer (i guess will not be able to restore apps without it)

*confirmed you need both to restore and install apps. If you have all the apps you need already then freeze them

**Rom Manager: I believe you can freeze and still access it via recovery mode, though not gui if frozen

-Setup wizard

-SIM toolkit (contrary to popular belief, freezing will not kill dialer, incoming/outgoing calls or voicemail)

-Sound recorder

-Spare parts

-talk

-themes chooser

-themes provider

-user dictionary

-voice dialler

*I have also uninstalled these apps: 'Music' and I installed alt app, HTML viewer, Camera (not working in CM7 and not interested), TTS service, Home screen tips, com.android.provision, com.android.quicksearchbox, VPN services, CMstats (sorry guys), News and weather (does not work ni Ecuador), google One time init, Google partner setup (do not use adsense, etc..), PICO TTS, Market Apps Installer

Please note that although my phone boots fine and fast ni this state, doing this may well prevent your phone from booting. For this reason I cannot empasize enough the importance of running a Clockwork backup and safer to disable 1 by 1. When rebooting, if the phone gets stuck (for over 1 minute) on the black screen with white letters 'A N D R O I D' and does not go past this point to display the boot animation, there is no need to worry if you have your clockwork backup. Just take the battery out, boot into recovery, do a 'wipe cache' only and reboot. Then boot up and it should boot up fine. If same thing again, may need to pull battery out again and try a third time. If at the third time its not coming up, then you will need to boot into recovery, factory reset, wip cache, go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache, wipe batter stats, reboot recovery and then do a restore of your clockwork backup. Again, you may have to go into recovery and wipe cache and pull the battery a couple of times but the results are worth the pain IMO.

At the end of this you should have a nice, fast phone, very responsive, without lags, hope it helps.. :mellow: