[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest UTOPY
IDK if someone noticed already... but regarding the market FC... just fix permissions with ROM Manager, reboot and it will all work just fine :D

Hello

Can you DESCRIBE your manipulation to correct the Market I am not sure I understand

thank you

Guest UTOPY
IDK if someone noticed already... but regarding the market FC... just fix permissions with ROM Manager, reboot and it will all work just fine :D

I understood

sorry, this does not work.

Edited by UTOPY

Guest joanorsky

Is it just me or anyone else with u8230 is having trouble installing this rom? I have an initial FC and the a black screen on first boot .. and if i reboot the same thing happens. The CM6 works fine though..

What previous update have you guys used?

Guest peelie

for people who don't have rom manager/can't install it

in terminal:

1.su

2.fix_permissions

but does not seem to have solved market problem for me

Guest igor_anta

I just installed this ROM and gave it a spin so here are my 2 cents:

- The install instructions are all good, if you follow them the ROM and all additional apps will install just fine

- I have no FC's, the programs work, CM settings on CM7 is fantastic, I love what they did there

- It's Gingerbread :D

BUT

- It's way to slow, even after the suggested optimizations (it has moments where it goes fast but that's if you don't do anything significant with it)

- Performance in games and visually demanding apps is so bad it's not even funny

- Gallery piratically unusable, again way to slow

I have to say that while it's a very nice ROM to test how CM7 (and with it Android 2.3) looks and feels it's simply not optimized for daily use. I hope that Tom G and AntonioPT find what's causing the slow performance and fix it, but till then I'll stick to CM Plus.

As a side-note, Antonio maybe you could reconsider doing a final version of the Plus ROM where you'll include all the fixes you mentioned and repackage it for the models with lower system memory. It is the best ROM for the Pulse at the moment, so why not release an upgrade. Cheers!

Guest jimmie32

Can we just get a lighter gallery? 3D cooliris is fun but it seems to crash every now and then and slow. B)

Tested the new gapps - still cannot install any APKs. I'm pretty sure the reboot problem is not related to gapps at all - I flashed just CM7, nothing else, and tried an APK from my SDCard. Still getting a reboot. Back in the CM6 days when I get that problem I used to be able to install an APK from SDCard and the rest will go fine.

I'll try the fix permissions a few hours later, need to do some work first.

Perhaps its the android native A2SD doing something wrong? Best guess..

What I do is this, not sure if I read the initial instructions correctly... and I still can't install APKs. Used to be able to do it the first time I flashed this ROM, now it doesn't work... weird

1. Nandroid...

2. Wipe system, data, cache (in order)

3. Flash CM7, Gapps, Chinese Input, Touchpal (In order)

4. Reboot

Thanks again :D

Guest pk0102

Thank you for your update. The a2sd and the chinese support is fine now. However. the market is disappeared. I found the venking.apk in the system/app but no icon found in the app menu. please advise

Guest anarkill
Hello

I have the same problems

The new updated Gappe Does not give me a market

I Tried to complete format / install datawipe and a fresh of CM7, a2sd, and GAPPS and I still Do not Have a Market icon anywhere.

A2SD OK + swap ok after manual tuning

Merci antonioPT pour ton travail on espere que tu trouves la bonne solution.

Add your google account in android settings and you give market in app list =)

Guest everal

@Market Icon missing in new cyanogenmod

i have installed latest rom (02-04)

latest google app (03-04)

but marekt place icon is missing...

when i add my google account to android settings, then i select all avialable appz to install...

but install crash, and no app will be installed...

Google-Account can only deleted to phone by factory-default...why ???

now i start su with fix_permissions...no successs....

so i will try to set it up to "factory default" to make a next try to add my google-account correct to my phone...

Question:

Does it give a another way to delete my "crashed google-Account" on my phone ???

Edited by everal

Guest DoubleX667

I installed it now on my 8230 and from a first look it runs really fine.

Only two problems at the moment...installing apps from market forces the phone to reboot and a2sd is not running.

I tried "fix_permissions" but it didn't solve the market problem, are there any other things i can check to get rid of this problem?

In a2sd it seems to be a "mount point problem".

asd is searching for /sd-sext , but on the phone my sdcard is mounted as /sdcard. Does andybody know where I can change the mount point stored in a2sd

Guest pk0102

Finally, I solved the problems manually.

a2sd: use the termininal and type "su", and then "a2sd reinstall". The phone will reboot automatically. after reboot, open the terminal again and type "su", and then "a2sd cachesd". it will work properly after reboot again.

App installation problem: use the "fix_permissions" command as said by other user before.

market missing problem: download and install the latest market version : http://www.droid-life.com/2010/12/11/downl...all-2-2-phones/

Guest UTOPY
Finally, I solved the problems manually.

a2sd: use the termininal and type "su", and then "a2sd reinstall". The phone will reboot automatically. after reboot, open the terminal again and type "su", and then "a2sd cachesd". it will work properly after reboot again.

App installation problem: use the "fix_permissions" command as said by other user before.

market missing problem: download and install the latest market version : http://www.droid-life.com/2010/12/11/downl...all-2-2-phones/

Hello,

Thank you try the market and hopes that it will work.

Guest SuhiJr

GUI for a2sd

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...emor-s-apps2sd/

direct download link: http://goo.gl/2Ohmc

my sd-ext partition was unmounted after instaling cm7:

in recovery - mount sd-ext (mounts)

in terminal emuletor - a2sd cachesd and a2sd reinstall

a2sd gui - dalvik cache to sd-ext (move and rebuild), swappines 30, apps are on sd

but i have problem that some apps work great on sd sam not, my market dont work i use alternativ market such as slideme.org an getjar.com

Edited by SuhiJr

Guest jimmie32

Sorry... fix_permissions doesn't work here. It did repair a lot of things according to the log, but sadly reboot-on-app-install was not one of them B)

No DT A2SD installed here. Unit in question is U8220-6, 528MHz (haven't OCd yet), 256MiB RAM, etc.

Will try DT A2SD now and then edit with the result. Hope it will work! :D

edit: sorry... even with A2SD, tried all methods, doesn't work... still getting reboots.

I still think its because of the ROM itself. Does anyone experience the same issue as me?

My U8220/256 works great with CM7 2.3 though. Just flashing it on another test unit and managed to replicate this. Tried many, many configurations (no chinese, with chinese, a2sd, etc...), still not working.

Thanks!

Edited by jimmie32

Guest UTOPY
GUI for a2sd

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...emor-s-apps2sd/

direct download link: http://goo.gl/2Ohmc

my sd-ext partition was unmounted after instaling cm7:

in recovery - mount sd-ext (mounts)

in terminal emuletor - a2sd cachesd and a2sd reinstall

a2sd gui - dalvik cache to sd-ext (move and rebuild), swappines 30, apps are on sd

but i have problem that some apps work great on sd sam not, my market dont work i use alternativ market such as slideme.org an getjar.com

Hello,

I just did the same thing as you.

It works well.

Vending.apk FOR MARKET is listed there but message : Error Analysis

Guest niix2571
I understood

sorry, this does not work.

Hmm, that's strange... sorry guys, it worked for me... guess you'll have to fix it some other way :/

Guest anarkill

Do you know if this can this be done in every rom? If so, i might try it on CM6...

Hopefully this helps to make the Gallery and other stuff even better :D

Thanks!

I am tested this script on CM7. It's really working!

Guest mrand
Do you know if this can this be done in every rom? If so, i might try it on CM6...

Hopefully this helps to make the Gallery and other stuff even better :D

Thanks!

I am tested this script on CM7. It's really working!

I´m testing it on CM6 at the moment.

I don´t get these heavy improvements the guy at XDA got, but Reading Speeds are higher!

But i can´t really feel a difference for example in Gallery... Can you?

And whats your best value? For me it seems to be 2048, but i´m still testing 3072!

Edited by mrand

Guest anarkill
I´m testing it on CM6 at the moment.

I don´t get these heavy improvements the guy at XDA got, but Reading Speeds are higher!

But i can´t really feel a difference for example in Gallery... Can you?

And whats your best value? For me it seems to be 2048, but i´m still testing 3072!

I'm testing 4096, it's reali don't get big improvements, but QuickPic and another galery loaded images much faster. Maybe I just noticeable difference is due to the fact that in pure CM7 quickpic does not work very quickly.

Sorry for my bad English.

Guest mrand
I'm testing 4096, it's reali don't get big improvements, but QuickPic and another galery loaded images much faster. Maybe I just noticeable difference is due to the fact that in pure CM7 quickpic does not work very quickly.

Sorry for my bad English.

Strange! For me (on CM6) 4096 wasn´t as good as 2048 (tested by using the sd tool from xda) Did you also try all values?

I´m now trying to make these changes permanent via the CWM Script and see how it behaves over the next days..

After longer testing, I also find Gallery starting even a bit faster, but i really can´t tell if this is only placebo.. :D

Guest anarkill
Strange! For me (on CM6) 4096 wasn´t as good as 2048 (tested by using the sd tool from xda) Did you also try all values?

I´m now trying to make these changes permanent via the CWM Script and see how it behaves over the next days..

After longer testing, I also find Gallery starting even a bit faster, but i really can´t tell if this is only placebo.. :D

Maybe ...

A cache size is likely to depend on the type of SD card.

P.S The bets results are with 3072

Edited by anarkill

Guest mrand
Maybe ...

A cache size is likely to depend on the type of SD card.

I´m getting write: 9,8 and read: 21,something on my class 6, 8gb card..

No real big numbers, but an improvement! (before i had w:6,8 and r:15)

Let´s see what Antonio PT or TomG have to say or if they maybe want to include it!

Cheers!