KIES -new build

Guest Argonaut

Guest Argonaut

I have SGS running 2.2.1 when I plug into KIES it tells me new software update is available.

If I click upgrade it starts downloading file ...

initially it say 0/75971 kb 0%

it runs up to 100% but does not stop .... even after several hours ... current count is way over predicted file size, and still running.

count.jpg

Any suggestions ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BLADESMAN1
I have SGS running 2.2.1 when I plug into KIES it tells me new software update is available.

If I click upgrade it starts downloading file ...

initially it say 0/75971 kb 0%

it runs up to 100% but does not stop .... even after several hours ... current count is way over predicted file size, and still running.

count.jpg

Any suggestions ?

KIES/Samsung servers are notorious for trying to download updates & upgrades. They don't seem to like slower broadband connections ie dongles.

I tried maybe 25/30 times to upgrade to Froyo on my Vaio laptop 4 gig ram, 64bit win7, core i3 but just kept getting 'connection lost' message.

I did LOTS of googgling & picked up on the slow connection theory so went to my mates & used his old XP but with fixed line & managed to upgrade to froyo in 13mins ! (first attempt)

I'm now having same issues trying to update to latest kies - same as you, it just keeps on going past file size but eventually mine comes up with onscreen message ' Internet Connection Lost' - evan though it isn't.

I decided to uninstall & dl Kies from Samsung website but at the time they hadn't updated their website to inc latest version. Haven't tried since as it's not that important as I don't use Kies that often anyway.

Hope this helps.

Ben