Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt

i flashed bk my default recovery and the flasher changes from open to ready

and trust me you dont what to mix and the mbn files as iv killed 2 zte racers by doing this

Edited by rickywyatt

What scares me the most is that between the two 2.2 versions 5 .mbn files are not identical. I more or less expected that only the .img files would differ. Not sure if there are any way back or way to change between them makes me want to know why they are different.

Also they refuse to install with the old home+volume-up method on my OSF. Get's stuck on the first file. It'll propably work if I restore an original recovery partition and do it over USB but I expected this method would work too but it does not (at least not for me)

I think it's the different partition layouts confusing it. partition.mbn & partition_zte.mbn are different, partition_zte.mbn even contains an extra partition 'oem', but if we replace partition_zte.mbn with the one from the hungarian image, then appsboot.mbn will have to be changed too & that may have some other differences.

Has anybody gone the other way & tried a full gen1 TPT on a european gen2 blade yet? At least we should have a way back now, for european gen2 blades at least.

Guest fonix232
What scares me the most is that between the two 2.2 versions 5 .mbn files are not identical. I more or less expected that only the .img files would differ. Not sure if there are any way back or way to change between them makes me want to know why they are different.

Also they refuse to install with the old home+volume-up method on my OSF. Get's stuck on the first file. It'll propably work if I restore an original recovery partition and do it over USB but I expected this method would work too but it does not (at least not for me)

The most scaring is, that even the radio firmware (amss.mbn) is different too!

The menu+volumeup+poweron method will only work if you restore stock recovery and etc :D

The oemsbl.mbn is understandable, not sure why all the other files are different & it is a little worrying. The .exe flasher should provide a way back, there is the hungarian 2.1 .exe update too.

It should also be possible to craft a tpt to switch gen1 phones to gen2 & gen2 phones back to gen1, but i think we might have to swap the partition_zte.mbn partition.mbn appsboot.mbn & appsboothd.mbn. If that does work, then it's going to cause a bit of a mess, because we'll have gen2 phones with gen1 partitions & gen1 phones with gen2 partitions, so it might need 2 tpt installs one after another to switch between the generations fully (first one would be needed to update the tpt flash program to one capable of flashing the new partition layout).

Edited by wbaw

Guest rickywyatt

i thought i would be smart if i tryed to flash this t.p.t rom i frist tryed to flash it with the program that come with the

t.p.t but the flasher said that it couldt flash the fone.

so i used the flasher that was removed from modaco it flashed ok but once i toke out the battery and then put back in

it boot strat back in to ftm mode i tryed twice just to make sure. but no good so i downloaded one of the t.p.t roms at flashed it and it booted to a black screen with a wite line at the bottom of the screen so i thought the splash.img was missing

so i put it into fastboot and flashed the splash and then rebooted the splash screen was fixed i then rebooted in to recovery

flashed cm7 then rebooted once more it boots into cm7 just fine but the frist 4 numbers of my imie number are all 0

so dont try to flash this to your english blade or you will crupt your imie number

Guest mrradmir

With Sales_DL_P729V_Sweden_V1.00.01.exe, stock B10 and FTM-mode I got post-854586-1301695109_thumb.jpg. So, we're need patched flasher or TPT-firmware.

Edited by mrradmir

Guest hecatae

flashed hungarian tpt, the froyo update says it's not for me, so grabbing the t-mobile hungarian download and comparing the files to see if i can trick the executable

Guest StevenHarperUK
my orange uk tft b10 is now gen2 lol

Is the IMEI still munged?

- is that the only badness?

And can you re-run the Hungarian TPT to GEN1 it?

Guest whatcolour
my orange uk tft b10 is now gen2 lol

great job m8 :D

mind to provide a detailed how-to, so that we can all join the party?

Guest StevenHarperUK
yes only the frist 4 numbers are 0s lol ive install pigfish and it tells me its gen 2

I wonder if we can fix the IMEI part... Have the digits simply bit shifted 4 digits RIGHT???

old

new

Or are they completely different?

Guest rickywyatt
I wonder if we can fix the IMEI part... Have the digits simply bit shifted 4 digits RIGHT???

old

new

Or are they completely different?

like this 0000876543210987 lol i think the frist for numbers is for the country code

Guest mrradmir

Yes, you need flash stock firmware to enable FTM-mode. Then just replace \Windows\sysdy\download.exe with patched one and execute it.

Edited by mrradmir

Guest StevenHarperUK

However flashing the TPT GEN2 does change the IMEI number - which is bad.

I agree we should not let you everyday user change their IMEI - it leads to fraud.

But we do need to "protect" the IMEI during upgrade from GEN1 to GEN2 or peoples SIMS will stop working (if the provider pairs the IMEI to SIM)

Guest whatcolour
Yes, you need flash stock firmware to enable FTM-mode. Then just replace \Windows\sysdy\download.exe with patched one and execute it.

thanks ;-)