Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dadashi

noobie question, I have one of the first SFs from September last year obviously Gen1...what are the advantages of converting my SF to Gen2? And how would I best go about it..?

Guest Jekle
noobie question, I have one of the first SFs from September last year obviously Gen1...what are the advantages of converting my SF to Gen2? And how would I best go about it..?

I'm about to do this aswell the changes mentioned are better reception and data connects faster lastest fm radio files and unlocks hsupa and 850MHz band, but i'm just waiting for an answer for the TeliaSonera files with this patched flasher which is a patched comviq flasher.

Guest Sebastian404

Woah!

I'll download it and give it a go and see what I get out in the US. :D

Interesting filename on the 2nd filename... PSTW_DL_P729BSONV1.0.0B01Temp20110330.zip wonder what the Temp is about

I'm a bit more interested in the fact the Light is listed... hopefully the update for that will show up soon..

Guest sm4tik
Saunalahti sells phones with 2.2 now. You need to get /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so and perhaps also (but propably not) libcm.so from one of these phones.

Here are the files from an official saunalahti 2.2. I'd assume one has to set the permissions correctly after copying these to the phone, right? Any chance you could make an saunalahti_fix.zip for swedish spring out of these? The old fix I found in the thread was a no-go for me.

edit: or can I just replace the files in the old saunalahti_fix.zip ?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Daimaah
Saunalahti sells phones with 2.2 now. You need to get /system/lib/libril-qc-1.so and perhaps also (but propably not) libcm.so from one of these phones.

Can it be extracted from this: http://www.mediafire.com/?b1b8c7qt6r714u9 without Flashing the phone? That's a stock dump for Saunalahti 2.2.

Edit: Ok, I was 3 minutes late, sm4tik already had those dug up :D

Edited by Daimaah

Here's an updated package. USB mounting works now. Overclocking works with No-frills CPU Control (and most likely also with SetCPU).

Working great here.

EDIT: I'm now quite certian that USB mounting worked in the first version aswell. It seems USB mounting doesn't work if the phone boots with USB connected but a disconnect/reconnect makes it work again.

should I still have my T mobile apn,or did i do something wrong ?

I overwrote boot.img and the lib files with ones in the zip

I done this with astro,as it opens the archive without unzipping

N33 booting,all seems well,just no data

edit: got it working now,astro failed to copy one of the lib files

Edited by Guest

Guest juahan

This is the weirdest thing, I just downloaded the TELIA and SONERA -file from http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327 and then I ran the EXE-file that came in that package.

Now the titlebar on this program that runs, says "Sales_DL_P729B_Finland_ElisaV1.00.01" for me. I haven't connected my Saunalahti (same as Elisa) Blade to this computer.

Does anyone know, if it would indeed be possible to upgrade my Saunalahti 2.1 Blade with this updater program? Does anyone know if the upgrading program could upgrade my Blade and what are the risks? Maybe it won't even start upgrading?

Edited by juahan

Guest Jekle
This is the weirdest thing, I just downloaded the TELIA and SONERA -file from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...asonera-phones/ and then I ran the EXE-file that came in that package.

Now the titlebar on this program that runs, says "Sales_DL_P729B_Finland_ElisaV1.00.01" for me. I haven't connected my Saunalahti (same as Elisa) Blade to this computer.

Does anyone know, if it would indeed be possible to upgrade my Saunalahti 2.1 Blade with this updater program? Does anyone know if the upgrading program could upgrade my Blade and what are the risks? Maybe it won't even start upgrading?

I think you should hold back a bit until all the risks have been taken out, but you should be safe to try (I'm not responsible for any brickages!)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Here are the files from an official saunalahti 2.2. I'd assume one has to set the permissions correctly after copying these to the phone, right? Any chance you could make an saunalahti_fix.zip for swedish spring out of these? The old fix I found in the thread was a no-go for me.

edit: or can I just replace the files in the old saunalahti_fix.zip ?

If you have adb working just do this (assuming you have the new libs in the same folder as the adb executable):

adb remount

adb push libcm.so /system/lib

adb push libril-qc-1.so /system/lib

then restart the phone.

If you do not have adb working then putting them into the saunalahti_fix should and install with clockwork should also work.

Guest juahan
I think you should hold back a bit until all the risks have been taken out, but you should be safe to try (I'm not responsible for any brickages!)

Haha, yeah. The problem is actually, that I don't have the phone myself anymore and I would just like to upgrade my sisters phone. So it might be better to wait for a while before trying, maybe wait for someone else trying it first as I propably would be killed if I bricked my sisters phone :D

Guest Jekle
Haha, yeah. The problem is actually, that I don't have the phone myself anymore and I would just like to upgrade my sisters phone. So it might be better to wait for a while before trying, maybe wait for someone else trying it first as I propably would be killed if I bricked my sisters phone :D

I'm still thinking to upgrade mine i'm aware of the benefits but some people said a few pages back that there IMEI numbers changed, i've read the instructions from fonix232 post and provided the flasher for it (patched) but i'm not gunna try until people say that there IMEI Numbers havn't changed (fonix232 can you tell me please?)

Guest juahan
I'm still thinking to upgrade mine i'm aware of the benefits but some people said a few pages back that there IMEI numbers changed, i've read the instructions from fonix232 post and provided the flasher for it (patched) but i'm not gunna try until people say that there IMEI Numbers havn't changed (fonix232 can you tell me please?)

You mean that the official flasher available in the http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327 might be corrupting the IMEI?

Guest wookie16081965

i did upgrade this afternoon as soon as Kallt_Kaffe posted the guide my imei is ok although doesnt say it phone info pressed *#06# and imei was ok

Guest Jekle
You mean that the official flasher available in the http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327 might be corrupting the IMEI?

On other phone yes but if you have a Comviq 2.1 phone (stock) you can upgrade no problem (no IMEI Changes) but if I went an flashed my Orange UK ZTE Blade with the Comviq update First It Wouldn't go through (the patched flasher and couple of pages back fonix232 post) will stop the fail at the end but i've not been told about if that stopped the IMEI Change, Anyone can they please?

Guest wookie16081965
On other phone yes but if you have a Comviq 2.1 phone (stock) you can upgrade no problem (no IMEI Changes) but if I went an flashed my Orange UK ZTE Blade with the Comviq update First It Wouldn't go through (the patched flasher and couple of pages back fonix232 post) will stop the fail at the end but i've not been told about if that stopped the IMEI Change, Anyone can they please?

mines orange uk blade all i did was flash stock rom in the tutorial worked fine for me miles better reception

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest Jekle
mines orange uk blade all i did was flash stock rom in the tutorial worked fine for me miles better reception

thanks for that wookie16081965 i'm gunna go ahead with it now :D

Guest hudasp

OK, very bad situations. I try change partitions and my phone i snow bricked. My situation:

- my phone is 2nd gen

- PC not recognize my phone in FTM mode (if I put USB cable to phone without baterry and volume down button pressed, PC recognize putted USB, but flasher not)

- PC recognize my phone in fastboot mode (but Clockword mode cannot instal via fastboot)

- TPT is not working (only blank screen)

Aby change to revival my phone?:-/

Edited by hudasp

Guest wookie16081965
thanks for that wookie16081965 i'm gunna go ahead with it now :D

your very welcome just remember put battery back in i didnt had rebbot loop then was fine running brilliant now no signal droppage like before if you copy step by step guide do everything you wont have problem

Guest Jekle
your very welcome just remember put battery back in i didnt had rebbot loop then was fine running brilliant now no signal droppage like before if you copy step by step guide do everything you wont have problem

Success! Thank YOU and your infinate wisdom!

Guest Jekle

Just installed Swedish Spring RLS4b after the Gen 2 Flash Thing. And it says that in No-frills CPU control I get 480MHz, 604MHz? then 614MHz is that right that i'm getting 604MHz? instead of 600MHz?

Guest wookie16081965
Just installed Swedish Spring RLS4b after the Gen 2 Flash Thing. And it says that in No-frills CPU control I get 480MHz, 604MHz? then 614MHz is that right that i'm getting 604MHz? instead of 600MHz?

not touched mine left it at 604 been fine

Guest Jekle
not touched mine left it at 604 been fine

D'you think its the ROM? It doesn't bother my that much but just a little to make me think why, could it be the Gen 2 update that's maybe 'unlocked' an extra 4MHz?

Guest wookie16081965
D'you think its the ROM? It doesn't bother my that much but just a little to make me think why, could it be the Gen 2 update that's maybe 'unlocked' an extra 4MHz?

maybe was running rls4 before this at 600 so not sure where extra 4 comes from but my phone is stable data connection is so fast and as i said before signal is way better

Guest dadashi
Success! Thank YOU and your infinate wisdom!

good job!

Im Gen1 with RLS4, its the RLS4 rom that only shows 604Mhz insted of 600...nothing to do with your Gen2 update...

Brings me to the question again, what are the advantages of Gen2? Better hardware comptibility? more features unlocked?

Can you point me to the files and guide to do Gen2 update?

some blades where not stable at 652MHz when RLS3 was overclocked out the box

so K.K done some tweaks to clock speeds to help those unfortunate blades still overclock by adding some extra clock speeds

Correct me if I got that wrong K.K

Edited by Guest