"XT9 Input" keyboard disappeared

Guest flakess

Guest flakess

Hello,

I just bought ZTE Blade in Finland. I didn't modify original Android, so it's still 2.1. By default there was XT9 keyboard from Nuance (Settings->Language & keyboard settings->XT9 Text Input->About, it says XT9 Text Input Version 2.0.0.0 Build 20100831173622). Anyways it has only English, Finnish and Swedish languages, but I wanted to be able to input Cyrillic (Russian). In settings in addition to XT9 menu item there is "Android keyboard" where I can enable Russian and pretty much any other language in the world, though it didn't affect XT9 keyboard. I'm totally new with android and I didn't know that this XT9 keyboard is a separate application that you can change to some other. I was looking for Russian keyboard in the market hoping that by installing one i will get just extra language for XT9. So I installed one and now instead of XT9 I have standard Android dark-skinned keyboard, no XT9 with swype-like predictive input. In task manager I still see XT9 running but I can't Kill it or Uninstall. Also I see "Android keyboard" task running which I don't remember earlier, I can't kill or uninstall it either. It turns out that by installing Russian keyboard from android market I enabled standard Android keyboard and disabled XT9, even though both are still running in memory. How can I get my XT9 keyboard back and disable android standard one? I tried to reboot, I even uninstalled that russian one, nothing works :D

• 2 months later...