[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hey TheManicGibbon, I know you've got exams an all, (So do I :P) but I'm pretty sure I speak for alot of people when I say...

When is there going to be MORE themes?

I have used every single theme on here and the unified theme thread for Swedish Spring Rls5, and love your work, so I want more!

I'm flattered :(

Well, currently I only port and add existing themes but I'll let you into some of my plans for the future. I just want to make clear that these are only rough ideas, and may not ever actually happen, so please dont bitch at me if I decide not to go ahead, but some ideas are:

-A standard battery Gingerbread theme for Japanese Spring

-Working on notification bar power widgets in Swedish Spring (at the moment researching if it's even possible)

-Possibly a Honeycomb theme or skin for the status bar/settings. Will not pimp your lockscreen, don't get your hopes up

-Long term, maybe a Gingerbread skin for Launcher Pro.

But I can't stress enough these are just ideas!

Expect more updates and things after my exams :rolleyes: . Also, ShahinTehShiz, have you checked the addons part of the opening post (right at the bottom), it contains some apps and flashable stuff that may satisfy your need to customise <_<

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest jaapaurelio
EDIT 3: Fix :P

What you have to do, is flash the SS-GBTHEME-circlemod-JGMS theme first. Then, without rebooting, flash the following addon, which is the AOSP dialer, which I have added the Gingerbread launcher icon to, then reboot. Everything should work now and be Gingerbread-y. Please let me know if this works!

SS-AOSPcontacts-JGMS link MD5:aebbd17184e50ff1f9ec15389b135b68

Well, I tried and I have now the Gingerbread theme and icons but i dont have the number style like in here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71325

Another thing is that in Call log when I have a group of missed calls on the left side, where the arrows appear, I have a gray rectangle. Its normal? when I click it shows a circle with an arrow inside.

Apart from that everything is fine.

I have SS RL5 and AOSP dialer.

Btw, how can I have the sms app with black background?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Well, I tried and I have now the Gingerbread theme and icons but i dont have the number style like in here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71325

Another thing is that in Call log when I have a group of missed calls on the left side, where the arrows appear, I have a gray rectangle. Its normal? when I click it shows a circle with an arrow inside.

Apart from that everything is fine.

I have SS RL5 and AOSP dialer.

Btw, how can I have the sms app with black background?

The reason your dialer is different is because that screenshot is from the FLB ROM, whihc has a Gingerbread themed dialer. SS does not [yet] have a GB dialer in my themes, mainly because of difficulties with the AOSP dialer.

I'm not sure about the call log issue you describe. Could you perhaps post a screenshot? I think it's most likely to do with the AOSP dialer because a few people have reported issues with that and my theme.

Is the default SMS app not black? Maybe I misunderstand. Try Handcent SMS from the Market, it's free and very customisable.

Hope this helps

Guest TheManicGibbon

You may have some difficulties downloading some of my files. It appears that Warner Brothers have submitted a copyright violation for my Swedish Spring themes. I am furious to say the least. Everything posted on my MediaFire account is 100% legal and my own (or other modders, with their permission) work.

Will keep you updated.

EDIT: All the theme files are currently enabled. It's a beta dialer product they've taken down, doesn't remove anything from this thread.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Ar_jay
You may have some difficulties downloading some of my files. It appears that Warner Brothers have submitted a copyright violation for my Swedish Spring themes. I am furious to say the least. Everything posted on my MediaFire account is 100% legal and my own (or other modders, with their permission) work.

Will keep you updated.

WHATTTTT that is ridiculous! Good luck!

How has this got anything to do with Warner Bros by the way?

Guest TheManicGibbon
WHATTTTT that is ridiculous! Good luck!

How has this got anything to do with Warner Bros by the way?

Thank you! It has nothing to do with them whatsoever! The way it reads in the email, I appear to have stolen content from the majority of Warner Brothers films to make my Android themes...of course.

The reason for suspension was:

List of corresponding titles: Lope Fuel The Closer Chandni Chowk to China The Forgotten Body of Lies Aviator Above the Law Inception Chandni Chowk to China Mask Exorcist Unknown Sucker Punch Unknown Lope Unknown Body of Lies Troy Aviator Chandni Chowk to China Aviator Body of Lies Invasion Invasion Fringe The Orphan Vampire Diaries Flags of Our Fathers Aviator Chuck Primos Goodfellas The Island Troy 300 Contact Chandni Chowk to China One Tree Hill Exorcist One Tree Hill Seven Chandni Chowk to China The Island $#*! My Dad Says $#*! My Dad Says Chandni Chowk to China 300 Wonder Woman Aviator 300 Unknown I Am Legend Superman: The Animated Series Joey The Closer Fringe The Island Troy Super Scribblenauts Above the Law Body of Lies Pretty Little Liars Chandni Chowk to China Trust Me Chandni Chowk to China Exorcist The Forgotten Aviator Batman Body of Lies 300 Shorts Contact Unknown Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat The Orphan Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Unknown New Adventures of Old Christine Clash of the Titans Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat

Not happy at all, and will be complaining to MediaFire once this is sorted. I feel I've been treated like a criminal.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest ricardopvz

For those who want the gingerbread like dialer in SS, go to this thread and download the Contacts.apk and put it in /system/app with adb or root explorer

This is made for AOSP Contacts

Guest jaapaurelio
I'm not sure about the call log issue you describe. Could you perhaps post a screenshot? I think it's most likely to do with the AOSP dialer because a few people have reported issues with that and my theme.

Is the default SMS app not black? Maybe I misunderstand. Try Handcent SMS from the Market, it's free and very customisable.

the screens

post-860557-1306530042_thumb.png post-860557-1306530063_thumb.png

Like you can see there is a gray rectangle in the call log. And the SMS App is white. I tried Handcent and I did not liked.

If you can do anything.

thanks

Guest TheManicGibbon
the screens

post-860557-1306530042_thumb.png post-860557-1306530063_thumb.png

Like you can see there is a gray rectangle in the call log. And the SMS App is white. I tried Handcent and I did not liked.

If you can do anything.

thanks

Hmm...how odd. You could try re-flashing the theme, and if that doesn't work I'll do some digging for you.

For the black SMS app, Menu>Settings, right down at the bottom, there is a check box for "Black background"

Hope this is of some use. :P

Guest jaapaurelio
Hmm...how odd. You could try re-flashing the theme, and if that doesn't work I'll do some digging for you.

For the black SMS app, Menu>Settings, right down at the bottom, there is a check box for "Black background"

Hope this is of some use. :P

I will try the re-flash theme.

I don't have the "Black background" option in the SMS app.

Edit. Before I use your theme I used Unified Theme by Frankish and had the same problem.

Edited by jaapaurelio

Guest TheManicGibbon
I will try the re-flash theme.

I don't have the "Black background" option in the SMS app.

Hmm, maybe this is an FLB-only feature. You can probably flash this version of the app on? Not sure how that would work to a different ROM, but I know some themes state that they include a black SMS/MMS app.

Guest jaapaurelio

Re-Flash, same problem. I think the problem came from Unified Theme by Frankish because when I had that theme it was the same. Maybe a missed image file.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Re-Flash, same problem. I think the problem came from Unified Theme by Frankish because when I had that theme it was the same. Maybe a missed image file.

Hmm okay I'll try fix this for you...can't promise a timescale, busy with exams and things atm.

Guest jaapaurelio
Hmm okay I'll try fix this for you...can't promise a timescale, busy with exams and things atm.

Ok, no problem.

Btw, if someone can confirm the problem with SS Rom will be nice. To see if is a theme or my phone problem.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Ok, no problem.

Btw, if someone can confirm the problem with SS Rom will be nice. To see if is a theme or my phone problem.

Yeah I haven't had any other reports of this which was why I'm a bit stumped.

Guest sharix

Please add a gingerbread theme:

- with the default battery with added percentage

- without the notification area power control widget.

(flb f11)

thanks

Edited by sharix

Guest TheManicGibbon
Please add a gingerbread theme:

- with the default battery with added percentage

- without the notification area power control widget.

(flb f11)

thanks

Here you go

Added a couple more variants as well, check the first post :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tox!c

installed in a rls 5 2.2 device (pushed, not flashed)

looks great. also cooked a modified status bar with green carrier text and not a "plain" black in the top bar

thanks @TMG for making me enjoy my blade a lil more

Edited by tox!c

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

Just wondering, I know a lot of people have moved to Gingerbread ROMs, but if there are still a few active users of these themes then I can update them to my newer style which looks a lot better and more Gingerbread-y. Just wondering what themes are most popular, and I can have a bash at updating them.

For those of you who like the theme, I'm also working on one for Ginger Stir Fry to make the notification pull-down a lot more like stock Gingerbread, complete with transparency. I am also open to the idea of a Honeycomb theme if anyone is interested in that.

Just let me know what you think smile.gif

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Just wondering, I know a lot of people have moved to Gingerbread ROMs, but if there are still a few active users of these themes then I can update them to my newer style which looks a lot better and more Gingerbread-y. Just wondering what themes are most popular, and I can have a bash at updating them.

For those of you who like the theme, I'm also working on one for Ginger Stir Fry to make the notification pull-down a lot more like stock Gingerbread, complete with transparency. I am also open to the idea of a Honeycomb theme if anyone is interested in that.

I would absolutely LOVE if you could theme for GB ROMS (Prefferably Ginger Stir Fry) as I used every single one of your themes for SS.

Guest XpressAndy

+1 for Honeycomb Ginger Stir Fry theme... :)

Guest TheManicGibbon

Yup, I'll get round to it when UOT is back up - I have discovered that it's easier to make certain edits using this instead of decompiling and recompiling .apks smile.gif

I have a couple of GSF themes sitting on my hard drive, but one of them is not 100% perfect and one of them has JGM Software branding on the notification tray because I was testing out adding text tongue.gif

They're in progress though, I'll probably add them to this thread when I'm done.