(HELP) Phone Number to Name (Dialer and Messaging)

Guest lash69

Guest lash69

Hi All,

I'm from Mauritius, and our number format for phones is 7 digits; XXX-XXXX or XXXXXXX with country code (+230)

Now under Android, tested on HTC HD2 running NAND Rom Android 2.2 and on HTC Wildfire running Android 2.1; I have a problem whereby phone numbers do no translate into names correctly;

Let's say I store Name-A as 1234567; when Name-A calls me on my Android; I see the name and number on Caller ID; but if Name-A sends me a text message; I will see only +2301234567 and not the name displayed.

If I store Name-B as +2301231212, when Name-B calls me, I will see the number on Caller ID and not the name, but if Name-B sends me a text message, Name-B is displayed.

Is there any means to correct this issue? I've mailed HTC Support but they haven't been much of a help, told me to reboot the devices or reset them ( -.- );

I had the same issue when using Windows Mobile 6.5, but there was a fix to edit the phone number/naming identification to 7 digits, is there any app in Android that can do the same?

Thanks for any answers.