11 Nov r2: BackToEXT3 - for converting your device, er, back to EXT3

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest achim w.

One question here:

If I have a CWM backup of my stock ROM and I restore this, do I have automatically the Ext3 system again? Or do I have to use the revert tool anyway?

Thank you for your answer

achim

Guest Rusty!
I think i bricked my desire hd ;) this was the only script i found to revert back to ext3 and i was too happy finding it to see that this is the LG optimus forum.

good thing it's still in warranty and i have another phone.

Yeah that wasn't a good idea.

I've no idea what the partition layout of the DHD is, but I very, very much doubt it's the same as the O2X.

Whatever it has at /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 & /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 is now gone.

Guess it was something important.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ben1th
I had the restore problem, the way round it that worked for me was to flash the 3.2.0.0 recovery that's available on here, then copy your nandroid from the external SD, to the internal SD, preserving the path, (/clockworkmod/backup) then boot into recovery and restore. For some reason restoring from 3.0.2.8 doesn't always work. You also must revert your ext4 partition back to ext3 first using aforementioned zip, it will, however, delete all your internal SD contents so back it up first.

What I have done, is to download nvflash, and in the nvflash folder I have substituted the stock recovery.img for the cwm recovery.img, so when returning to stock to flash a nandroid, I flash this first, copy my "backed up" nandroid onto internal SD, then boot into cwm recovery, restore, and its done.

i have the same problem. had fr18b2 installed and have cwm 3.0.2.8.

i wiped and then i converted back to ext3 with attached zip from first post without any errors.

then i restored my nandroid backup of stock rom also without any error.

when i reboot it will stuck at lg logo.

any idea how i can get your version of cwm on my device without having a rom running on it?

Guest navygino
i have the same problem. had fr18b2 installed and have cwm 3.0.2.8.

i wiped and then i converted back to ext3 with attached zip from first post without any errors.

then i restored my nandroid backup of stock rom also without any error.

when i reboot it will stuck at lg logo.

any idea how i can get your version of cwm on my device without having a rom running on it?

Same here, still stuck at the LG logo with the blue bar even after the ext3 conversion....

Guest ben1th
Same here, still stuck at the LG logo with the blue bar even after the ext3 conversion....

do it like clevic wrote:

get cwm 3.2.0.0 (01.06) from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1098001

and follow instructions to install

i had to put all files on the external sd card and it worked :)

before i upgraded to new cwm i installed fr18b2 back to have a running system. i guess you need to do that too to install cwm 3.2

Edited by ben1th

• 3 months later...
Guest CamiloArias

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! After hours of looking for an answer, finally foun it here. I installed CM7 everything was great but I had no data connection and tried everything to restore it (with no succes I shall say), so I decided to go back to stock and I found the lg logo issue. It was just matter of using your file and that was it...... I can't thank you enough.

PS

I registered to this forum just to thank you (LOL).

Sorry for my english.

Greetings from Colombia.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fabarati

Probably better to do this here: BackToExt3 doesn't work for me anymore. It used to work, and I've used it to great success before. But it doesn't convert the partitions anymore, not even the updated script you just posted. I've ran both multiple times and the phone still bootloops on me. What's going wrong?

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Updated to include cache partition.

P

Hold on.. Does this mean that reverting from a ext4 ROM (like thanatos 4.1) to v20l deod-root, wasnt done correctly until today?? I just spent 1,5h doing that with r1, do i need to repeat process using r2? Please let me know

Thanx

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...