4 Apr r1: Stock recovery image

Guest PaulOBrien

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. :D

• r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9ba5499fecee0ee8b327bc08fdbc1e70

HTH! B)

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest len.asdf

If i understand this completely, this means that this image will remove any kernel updates, any custom roms upgrades, and CWM? But does it also removes root acces?

The reason i ask this, is because i tried almost everything out there on these forums, and now i got incredible battery drain.... I have to charge my phone twice a day :) So i want to start over again, and do it right this time :)

Thanks in advanced,

Len.

edit: I tried it out and i guess it answers my questions, my device seems much faster and lag has been reduced.

Edited by len.asdf

Guest Piter1225
If i understand this completely, this means that this image will remove any kernel updates, any custom roms upgrades, and CWM? But does it also removes root acces?

The reason i ask this, is because i tried almost everything out there on these forums, and now i got incredible battery drain.... I have to charge my phone twice a day :) So i want to start over again, and do it right this time :)

Thanks in advanced,

Len.

edit: I tried it out and i guess it answers my questions, my device seems much faster and lag has been reduced.

No, this will only remove CWM Recovery and bring back stock recovery

Guest len.asdf
No, this will only remove CWM Recovery and bring back stock recovery

Thanks for your answer!

Although it's off topic, can you point me out in the right direction to get back to stock?

Guest Piter1225
Thanks for your answer!

Although it's off topic, can you point me out in the right direction to get back to stock?

The easiest would be flashing stock ROM with nvflash (Paul made that topic sticky, check it) - this will remove all changes and you will again have stock device :)

Guest len.asdf
The easiest would be flashing stock ROM with nvflash (Paul made that topic sticky, check it) - this will remove all changes and you will again have stock device :)

Thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fifi139

i can't seem to download the file. It goes to mediafire but there's no file to download. Could anyone help? I want to remove CWM in order to update my firmware from LG mobile update. Coz right now when i run it, LG mobile says i have different phone. thanks

Guest Pedro Martinez
i can't seem to download the file. It goes to mediafire but there's no file to download. Could anyone help? I want to remove CWM in order to update my firmware from LG mobile update. Coz right now when i run it, LG mobile says i have different phone. thanks

the same for me :-s

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. ;)

HTH! :P

P

Hi Paul

I have a Dell XCD 35 which I need to send to the service center. So I was wondering if I could use this zip for my phone. Is this a phone specific method, or will it work for my phone too? If it doesn't, any tips on how I might remove CWM from my phone?

Edited by iSid

Guest ZTE_Blade

Hello,

I need a stock revovery image for LGP990-v10c. Mine is overwritten with clockwork.

A friend of me has got the same mobile phone/version. How can I backup his original stock recovery image and restore it on my phone?

Thank you VERY much in advance!

edit: in the meantime, i tried the "Alternative Method" mentioned here: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...rtition-images/

Unfortunatelly "cat /dev/mtd" is empty. Any suggestions?

Edited by ZTE_Blade

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bollux78

How this stock recovery zip was created? I wanto to backup my brazilian (Claro operator) recovery V10a. or can I just use this zip from paul in any stock V10 rom?

Guest arrediabo

This thread is a few months old, so, will this still work with current CWM? v5.0.2.0?

and just to sum it all up, this will only remove CWM recovery but will keep root access.

I need to stockify as much as possible, but the reason i want to to do it, is because USB data is not functioning and nvFlash will not work :angry:

• 6 months later...
Guest valado122

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. tongue.gif

HTH! biggrin.gif

P

I have installed ClockWorkMod Recovery in my LG Optimus 2x, and now i need to replace it to stock. I need to send my mobile phone to waranty service.

I have the v20q european ROM.

Is this replace to stock method compatible whith my phone features?

Is there another method to do this?

thanks for your support.