• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

4 Apr r1: Stock recovery image

24 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. :D

• r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 9ba5499fecee0ee8b327bc08fdbc1e70

HTH! B)

P

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this Paul. I was missing just this for a full stock downgrade.

Edited by Meychi

Posted

Thanks indeed! :D I have a V10a backup on my dropbox and harddrive but i was missing this B)

Posted (edited)

If i understand this completely, this means that this image will remove any kernel updates, any custom roms upgrades, and CWM? But does it also removes root acces?

The reason i ask this, is because i tried almost everything out there on these forums, and now i got incredible battery drain.... I have to charge my phone twice a day :) So i want to start over again, and do it right this time :)

Thanks in advanced,

Len.

edit: I tried it out and i guess it answers my questions, my device seems much faster and lag has been reduced.

Edited by len.asdf

Posted

If i understand this completely, this means that this image will remove any kernel updates, any custom roms upgrades, and CWM? But does it also removes root acces?

The reason i ask this, is because i tried almost everything out there on these forums, and now i got incredible battery drain.... I have to charge my phone twice a day :) So i want to start over again, and do it right this time :)

Thanks in advanced,

Len.

edit: I tried it out and i guess it answers my questions, my device seems much faster and lag has been reduced.

No, this will only remove CWM Recovery and bring back stock recovery

Posted

No, this will only remove CWM Recovery and bring back stock recovery

Thanks for your answer!

Although it's off topic, can you point me out in the right direction to get back to stock?

Posted

Thanks for your answer!

Although it's off topic, can you point me out in the right direction to get back to stock?

The easiest would be flashing stock ROM with nvflash (Paul made that topic sticky, check it) - this will remove all changes and you will again have stock device :)

Posted

The easiest would be flashing stock ROM with nvflash (Paul made that topic sticky, check it) - this will remove all changes and you will again have stock device :)

Thanks again :)

Posted

Had to use this :mellow: but perhaps it's an idea to sticky this :o because it's not on the front page and it's kinda handy to have.

Posted

i can't seem to download the file. It goes to mediafire but there's no file to download. Could anyone help? I want to remove CWM in order to update my firmware from LG mobile update. Coz right now when i run it, LG mobile says i have different phone. thanks

Posted

i can't seem to download the file. It goes to mediafire but there's no file to download. Could anyone help? I want to remove CWM in order to update my firmware from LG mobile update. Coz right now when i run it, LG mobile says i have different phone. thanks

the same for me :-s

Posted (edited)

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. ;)

HTH! :P

P

Hi Paul

I have a Dell XCD 35 which I need to send to the service center. So I was wondering if I could use this zip for my phone. Is this a phone specific method, or will it work for my phone too? If it doesn't, any tips on how I might remove CWM from my phone?

Edited by iSid

Posted

this is for optimus 2x only..

Posted

Hi do i need to unroot before removing the recovery?

Posted

No..

Posted

"then apply this zip in ClockworkMod"

What does this mean?

Do I need to unzip it in a folder...? What folder...?

Posted

choose install zip in cwm to install the zip file

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I need a stock revovery image for LGP990-v10c. Mine is overwritten with clockwork.

A friend of me has got the same mobile phone/version. How can I backup his original stock recovery image and restore it on my phone?

Thank you VERY much in advance!

edit: in the meantime, i tried the "Alternative Method" mentioned here: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to...rtition-images/

Unfortunatelly "cat /dev/mtd" is empty. Any suggestions?

Edited by ZTE_Blade

Posted

so correct me if i'm wrong: just put the .zip into the SD and then flash thru CWM? then reboot and the CWM is gone? correct? :P

Posted

so correct me if i'm wrong: just put the .zip into the SD and then flash thru CWM? then reboot and the CWM is gone? correct? :P

Yes, correct !

Posted

How this stock recovery zip was created? I wanto to backup my brazilian (Claro operator) recovery V10a. or can I just use this zip from paul in any stock V10 rom?

Posted

This thread is a few months old, so, will this still work with current CWM? v5.0.2.0?

and just to sum it all up, this will only remove CWM recovery but will keep root access.

I need to stockify as much as possible, but the reason i want to to do it, is because USB data is not functioning and nvFlash will not work :angry:

Posted

If you have backed up your stock system via ClockworkMod but you want to return your recovery to stock too (i.e. return to COMPLETELY stock), then apply this zip in ClockworkMod. Obviously, once you have, ClockworkMod is gone. tongue.gif

HTH! biggrin.gif

P

I have installed ClockWorkMod Recovery in my LG Optimus 2x, and now i need to replace it to stock. I need to send my mobile phone to waranty service.

I have the v20q european ROM.

Is this replace to stock method compatible whith my phone features?

Is there another method to do this?

thanks for your support.