30 Jun Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X - Vanilla Edition

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest moonie17
I'm quite tempted to flash this ROM but first, is that a significant improvement/difference over the stock LG ROM?

There are some reports from users that this is more battery draining.

I find there are massive speed improvements, and also my battery seems fine?

Just flashed this rom left it bare OC'ed to 1.4 to see what i could achieve :D 4000+!

post-685169-1302172918_thumb.png

Guest dhatman

Unfortunately this ROM does not work on my device, it settles in an eternal reboot.

However, I am not positive I followed the right procedure.

Is it essential to install the zip via the Update menu in Clockworks Recovery?

Because I can not find the .zip file there.

My phone does not not seem to mount the external SD card to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and all I can find in the Update menu is Update.zip (which can not be run because it can not be found).

I can find the Fr8-vanilla-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned.zip file in the Install zip menu, when browsing the SDcard, and it seemed to install smoothly from there, however, when I boot up the phone, it comes to the MoDaCo logo and then reboots.

I've tried this twice, using the stock firmware the phone came with, and later the 25-mar-nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b-dated-1300166062-15-03-2011

I'd love to get Vanilla working on this phone. Please let me know if you want any further information from me.

Thanks,

dhatman

Guest qhyqhy

I have the FR8 vanilla edition and I had experiment some trouble since yesterday:

- force close in the gallery

-pig rush don't want to work...I see the main screen during 0.5 second and it disappear

Guest Jay2x
I have the FR8 vanilla edition and I had experiment some trouble since yesterday:

- force close in the gallery

-pig rush don't want to work...I see the main screen during 0.5 second and it disappear

Hi i had the same Problem with a bunch of freezes and radio issues. This is the way i solved it.

Format everything: Internal SD, boot, cache etc. Install Vanilla tadaa working perfectly finen :D

Worked for me.

Guest 9mmBullet
Unfortunately this ROM does not work on my device, it settles in an eternal reboot.

However, I am not positive I followed the right procedure.

Is it essential to install the zip via the Update menu in Clockworks Recovery?

Because I can not find the .zip file there.

My phone does not not seem to mount the external SD card to /sdcard/_ExternalSD and all I can find in the Update menu is Update.zip (which can not be run because it can not be found).

I can find the Fr8-vanilla-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-unsigned.zip file in the Install zip menu, when browsing the SDcard, and it seemed to install smoothly from there, however, when I boot up the phone, it comes to the MoDaCo logo and then reboots.

I've tried this twice, using the stock firmware the phone came with, and later the 25-mar-nvflash-stock-rom-release-v10b-dated-1300166062-15-03-2011

I'd love to get Vanilla working on this phone. Please let me know if you want any further information from me.

Thanks,

dhatman

Make sure you've wiped the cache and internal SD contents (there's two wipe options in the main menu of Clockwork) after you flashed the ROM. Everytime you flash a ROM which is different from your previous ROM (for example, stock to Modaco, or Modaco to Cyanogen) you will need to wipe the contents of your phone. The exceptions are for when the ROM maker explicity tells you to wipe regardless (or not), as is the case with the modaco FR1-FR3 to FR4+ releases (i.e. You must wipe to install FR4+ releases if you came from FR3, but if you were on FR4 previously, a wipe is not necessary).

Obviously make a backup before anything else if you have precious data stored on your phone, or need a quick way to revert the phone to working status if the latest ROM you want to flash is not working.

Edited by 9mmBullet

Guest dhatman
Make sure you've wiped the cache and internal SD contents (there's two wipe options in the main menu of Clockwork) after you flashed the ROM. Everytime you flash a ROM which is different from your previous ROM (for example, stock to Modaco, or Modaco to Cyanogen) you will need to wipe the contents of your phone. The exceptions are for when the ROM maker explicity tells you to wipe regardless (or not), as is the case with the modaco FR1-FR3 to FR4+ releases (i.e. You must wipe to install FR4+ releases if you came from FR3, but if you were on FR4 previously, a wipe is not necessary).

Obviously make a backup before anything else if you have precious data stored on your phone, or need a quick way to revert the phone to working status if the latest ROM you want to flash is not working.

Thank you. I tried a third time, this time formatting all mount point and clearing all caches prior to installation. Success!

This is my first smartphone, or android phone, so I have not tried any other Android devices but I gotta say that that LG's custom android mod is a major impairment from this Vanilla edition. Everything so far works much better and looks much nicer.

Guest Jay2x

Hi Paul i am having some problems with the slide down in Fr10 Vanilla, e.g.: When you have the device connected by USB and slide down you can see the background beneath the USB-Connection option.

Looks like a bug. Thanks!

P.s.: Phone is a lot faster since Fr10,thx!

Edited by Jay2x

Guest athanaso77
Hi Paul i am having some problems with the slide down in Fr10 Vanilla, e.g.: When you have the device connected by USB and slide down you can see the background beneath the USB-Connection option.

Looks like a bug. Thanks!

P.s.: Phone is a lot faster since Fr10,thx!

It's not a bug. It's Semi transparent notification pulldown that Paul has added.

Guest emprize

im using fr10 from kitchen, can i nandroid backup this one, wipe, flash Vanilla fr10, then restore the data from nandroid? or restore the data will corrupt the Vanilla ?

Guest zen123

Paul, I'm using this awesome rom at the mo & its definately the pick of the bunch.

I have a request with your next release. Can you look into the internet browser because even if I set the user agent to desktop it still displays a lot of websites in mobile view. Most notable is my favorite www.bbc.co.uk & bbc iplayer site. There is no way to select desktop version either like some websites have at the bottom of the web page.

I've tried alternative browsers such as Dolphone HD & Miren with ua settings to dekstop but they exhibit the same behaviour.

Thanks

Guest Hyperion94300

Hello all !

Sorry for my level in English but i have a probleme with contact application since i have installed this rom.

I can't remove the sim contact view !

Do you know how i can do that cause i have double contact (sim + contact's google).

Moreover i can't

-duplicate contact from the phone to the sim

-add link to facebook (in order to have picture of facebook)

Do you if i can use another application contact to remplace original application of this rom ?

thanks for your answer :)

Guest aspys

Hello, paul. I've just installed Fr10 but there are some things not working... Market does not download apps, selecting Gingerbread keyboard and going into its configuration menu causes a force close and, last, video calls missing?

Thanks a lot for you efforts anyway :)

Guest athanaso77
Market does not download apps,

Did you check your device's date? Correct it and try again.

video calls missing?

I want that too. Let's hope for the next version.

Edited by athanaso77

Guest aspys
Did you check your device's date? Correct it and try again.

I want that too. Let's hope for the next version.

Yes, solved Market problem. Was, in fact, date set two months forward xD

Guest mattfigaro

Excellent rom Paul, Thanks a bunch :)

I have an error problem though if I try to run smartshare. It states that i need to enable wifi, even though it is switched on.

If I try to edit smartshare settings, i get the "process.com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly" message.

I dont know if this is particular to this rom or if it would happen with the standard rom. I went straight to vanilla when I got the phone.

Anyone else tried it or got it working?

Guest Yenzehn

Thank you for this. It feels great to get rid of all of LG's bloatware.

None of the replacement applications were really felt better than stock or what the market could offer. At least I liked some stuff in Sense like the contacts application.

One question: Can we flash mods like circle battery on this?

Edited by Yenzehn