5 Apr: MCR Performance Audit (archive)

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PykaTux

sibbor:

My Quadrant on stock ROM V10b is 2700-2750 after 5 runs.

Linpack scroe 36-36.8.

I see performance boost on MCR, but not that much as your result from gdocs.

sibbor:

My Quadrant on stock ROM V10b is 2700-2750 after 5 runs.

Linpack scroe 36-36.8.

I see performance boost on MCR, but not that much as your result from gdocs.

It is not so strange, if you close all the runing apps and the widgets, also set the device to have 1 home screen you will get the 2700, there is no way in the world you are getting 2700 after clean boot.

Just about to upload a first test release of the performance update patch. Obviously this will be merged into Fr7+, but it's a way to play in the meantime and provide feedback.

P

Guest moonie17

Paul, a bit more troubleshooting info that might help you, these force close issues that i have been getting only seem to happen when im selecting both Stock android apps and the LG ones, im currently using the pre-baked vanilla and its being fine with no issues as of yet.

The patch you just posted, what issues is it addressing?

Keep up the good work :D

Guest dagrim1
Just about to upload a first test release of the performance update patch. Obviously this will be merged into Fr7+, but it's a way to play in the meantime and provide feedback.

P

Just flashed it and don't know if I notice too many things, here results from quadrant and smartbench:

Quadrant: 2750-2850 (was more in the 2650 regions before)

Smartbench: Productivity index = 2895, Games index = 2458

But dunno how phone setup influences these things so perhaps also nice to mention some of the other stuff like widgets, homescreens, etc?

Launcher Pro with 5 screens

Beautiful weather, android agenda, facebook, pure messenger and pure agenda widgets

Cheers for all the work :D

Guest moonie17

Right after some testing the overfall feel is a bit more speedy! Also did some browsing using Dolphin Mini as well as the stock browser and have had no issues at all. My Quadrant score is still around the 2600 mark which hasnt really improved but at least there was no browser freeze! will continue to test the browsers.....

Paul whats your browser of choice? the one with the overall best performance!

Edited by moonie17

Guest Formel-LMS

Paul, do you think, it's a good idea to change the dalvik-cache die 64m?

I've tried that and it seems much better than stock 32m.

Paul, do you think, it's a good idea to change the dalvik-cache die 64m?

I've tried that and it seems much better than stock 32m.

Hmm, haven't really played with that value... report your findings!

re: pa1, it should 'feel' quicker rather than bench quicker!

P

Guest moonie17

Yeah im finding it defninitely feels quicker.... is it possible to package some of the LG apps and widgets into a zip file? Also looking forward to a Ginerbread theme :D Nice one Paul!

Titanium backup just had a force close after i aborted a restore, then reopened the app, seems fine now though.

Edited by moonie17

Guest Formel-LMS

My first impression:

Wow! Amazing!

Lockscreen is much faster, it's certainly there. No thing to wait. Dalvik Heap Size at 64m seems t be a good idea, too, because I have tried it before and the launcher was much snappier.

But, I don't know why, when I delete an app (via Market or Titanium) the phone becomes very slow.

same thing is after installing an app.

I don't know why this is.

Guest moonie17
For what purpose?

P

Just the fact I like the alarm clock and Widgets but it seems when I use the kitchen I just get continues force closes of the phone app.

Also about 5 mins ago I had to do my first battery pull since flashing the patch due to it freezing whilst trying to search on Google by using the search button. Hope this information helps.... p.s when is there going to be a modaco forum Android app :D

Guest sibbor
My first impression:

Wow! Amazing!

Lockscreen is much faster, it's certainly there. No thing to wait. Dalvik Heap Size at 64m seems t be a good idea, too, because I have tried it before and the launcher was much snappier.

But, I don't know why, when I delete an app (via Market or Titanium) the phone becomes very slow.

same thing is after installing an app.

I don't know why this is.

This seems to be the current bottleneck.

EDIT: damn, too much lockups with Fr6. Almost embarrassed to show peeps my "fast" phone was everything is locking up. Was gonna do a quick show off between LG O2X stock and Fr6, but.... the game I was gonna show just took forever to load and I couldn't get back to the launcher.

Looking forward to more performances and hotfix patches.

Edited by sibbor

Guest sanfran

Fix seems to improve overall performance of homescreen scrolling and menus ... (With FR6)

@Paul - did you fix the browser freeze? I could not reproduce the failure anymore :-)

BR Robert

Fix seems to improve overall performance of homescreen scrolling and menus ... (With FR6)

@Paul - did you fix the browser freeze? I could not reproduce the failure anymore :-)

BR Robert

That is the hope!

P