Asus Transformer IN STOCK, but...

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick

I noticed yesterday that Laskys were listing the Asus Transformer Tablet only as in stock and this morning they have the Tablet/Keyboard bundle in stock as well.

http://www.laskys.com/computing/laptops_an...ransformer.html

http://www.laskys.com/computing/laptops_an...mer_bundle.html

Even better there's 2.5% Off with the LENT25 coupon and 3.5% cashback with Quidco, plus the piece of mind that comes with the Distance Selling Act.

But be prepared to wait because it appears that the only delivery option Laskys offer on the product is their free standard delivery which takes upto 10 WORKING days.

Whoops.

(It does bode well for the product being in physical stores tomorrow though)

Edited by Matchstick

Have you been reading my post on HUKD? :D

I ordered earlier today when Laskys emailed me they had 30 in stock. Delivery is up to 3-5 days for small items and via Parcelforce. Regret a little bit ordering from Laskys as I'm not sure customer service will be good if I need it. But crossing fingers it might arrive tomorrow or Thursday! B)

Edit: My ETA delivery is 11th April. Apparently someone rang them though and they said they were waiting for stock...

Edited by wi11

Guest Matchstick
The Transformer isn't released until 18th April according to most websites. Same basic price at Amazon and eBuyer.

According to Asus, they are planning to release the Transformer tomorrow to physical stores with the product being available from internet retailers on 18th.

(The press release is reprinted on this slashdot page but I am struggling to find it on an official Asus web site)

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-eee-pad-tran...dated-30143364/

In stock from April 6th (first units will be available in stores and pre-orders will be delivered shortly afterwards)

This still strikes me as an odd way to go about releasing a product but I'm guessing that inital supplies are limited and that maybe they want the first units in stores where people can actually touch them and get word out that way.

That said I was in the Birmingham PC World/Currys flagship Black store and their line was that they'd never heard of the Transformer and the only non-apple tablets they would be stocking were the Xoom and the RIM Playbook.

That's odd as you'd think that this is just the sort of place Asus would be trying to get to stock the Transformer, especially with the problems people are having actually buying an ipad2 (or xoom) right now.

Still, I live in hope the Comet or PC World up the road from me will have some tomorrow, but I won't be holding my breath :D

Edited by Matchstick

Guest Matchstick
Have you been reading my post on HUKD? :D

I ordered earlier today when Laskys emailed me they had 30 in stock. Delivery is up to 3-5 days for small items and via Parcelforce. Regret a little bit ordering from Laskys as I'm not sure customer service will be good if I need it. But crossing fingers it might arrive tomorrow or Thursday! :D

Edit: My ETA delivery is 11th April. Apparently someone rang them though and they said they were waiting for stock...

According to the time stamps i think I beat you by 5 minutes ;)

I think on twitter that Paul O'Brien said he'd pre-ordered a transformer so i wonder where he's getting his from B)

Edited by Matchstick

I think it's only Comet getting stock in physical stores from tomorrow. I believe Comet and Asus may have a closer than usual relationship (ooh er) as they have done marketing promotions before. Laskys is also part of the Comet group so that would explain how they got stock earlier.

Have you rung any Comet stores Matchstick?

Guest Matchstick
I think it's only Comet getting stock in physical stores from tomorrow. I believe Comet and Asus may have a closer than usual relationship (ooh er) as they have done marketing promotions before. Laskys is also part of the Comet group so that would explain how they got stock earlier.

Have you rung any Comet stores Matchstick?

No, but there is a chance I can nip up to the one in Selly Oak when I leave work and see what they have to say for themselves.

No, but there is a chance I can nip up to the one in Selly Oak when I leave work and see what they have to say for themselves.

I've just rung their national helpline. None in stock near me, but in stock for home delivery, and could be here by Thursday apparently for £5 delivery. Hopefully the same as my Laskys order.

Cometdeals tweet:

cometdeals Comet Plc

In stock at Comet TODAY the new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer From £379.99 http://ow.ly/4tu9n

but annoyingly don't mention in store or online...

Guest Matchstick
I've just rung their national helpline. None in stock near me, but in stock for home delivery, and could be here by Thursday apparently for £5 delivery. Hopefully the same as my Laskys order.

Cometdeals tweet:

cometdeals Comet Plc

In stock at Comet TODAY the new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer From £379.99 http://ow.ly/4tu9n

but annoyingly don't mention in store or online...

Something weird going on with the "Check delivery times in your area" function on the order page for the Tablet/Keyboard bundle.

If I plug in my home Postcode in Northamptonshire it gives me an ealiest delivery date of 16th, but if I plug in my work postcode in Birmingham (or any other postcode I know in the city) it just refuses to work.

(Also worth noting if you go to the Tablet only page it reports you can get that as soon as this Thursday. Pity I want the keyboard as well.)

Edited by Matchstick

Laskys have been in touch (quite impressed they got back to me same day) and my delivery IS scheduled for 11th April. So hopefully Parcelforce won't screw things up.

Guest unfitguy
(I have one on preorder at Amazon)

P

released in comet stores today but apparently all 180 sold 45 in warehouse for next day delivery so tempted

Guest Matchstick
released in comet stores today but apparently all 180 sold 45 in warehouse for next day delivery so tempted

I think that's the Tablet only model in the warehouse though as the Comet website says that the Tablet and Keyboard bundle is discontinued :D

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Tablets/buy-ASUS-...A-Tablet/717711

Edited by Matchstick