Can't access "My Storage" within android...

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Guest TheGoDxxxx

My Storage in android (\storage) is emtpy, but works without a problem in wm (and did so in my previous android-install). Is there a way to mount it manually in android without reinstalling.

Guest koko5800

Your mount point in init.rc must be changed, try this: Open ubuntu in WMware Player plug phone (booted in WM) open terminal and type "sudo nautilus" you will get root privilegies, open disk (where android system is) and find init.rc open it "LIKE TEXT DOCUMENT" and search and edit this line:"mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage" and change that number 1 to 5 so it stay: "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage" choice SAVE in text editor and close all and unplug phone, run android and my storage will be sight by android.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blackpanther
Your mount point in init.rc must be changed, try this: Open ubuntu in WMware Player plug phone (booted in WM) open terminal and type "sudo nautilus" you will get root privilegies, open disk (where android system is) and find init.rc open it "LIKE TEXT DOCUMENT" and search and edit this line:"mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage" and change that number 1 to 5 so it stay: "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage" choice SAVE in text editor and close all and unplug phone, run android and my storage will be sight by android.

tks, it worked for me. i actually have to change from 5 to 1.

• 1 month later...
Guest Vinicius Oliveira
( ...) type "sudo nautilus" you will get root privilegies, open disk (where android system is) and find (...)

Where´s the disk with android system ? The samsung gt-i8000I icon is showed in wmware taskbar but I can't find it in nautilus.

Guest kaspy
Where´s the disk with android system ? The samsung gt-i8000I icon is showed in wmware taskbar but I can't find it in nautilus.

you can even install root explorer in android and find the file and edit it there,