I have one on preorder...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Johnrg
...who else is in? :D

P

Me!

I've one on pre-order an Amazon, and I'm going to try two Comet stores today to see if they've got them in store.

Glad to see you're on board Paul!

John

Guest leisurefix
Might pop into Exeter comet at lunch to see if there are any in. Seems like good value for a 10'' Honeycomb tablet.

I popped in this morning on way to work, they had no stock and the box shifter working there had absolutely no idea. From what I have found, only the tablet with no keyboard is available today, so the wait continues...

Guest ritdaw
I popped in this morning on way to work, they had no stock and the box shifter working there had absolutely no idea. From what I have found, only the tablet with no keyboard is available today, so the wait continues...

Also just went into the Exeter branch, no stock but they said they could get me one in for Monday..... I wonder if I order online?

Guest Matchstick
Also just went into the Exeter branch, no stock but they said they could get me one in for Monday..... I wonder if I order online?

Did they say if they could get the Tablet + Keyboard bundle or just the Tablet ?

If you just want the tablet you should be able to order from Comet for delivery tomorrow if you order by 2PM

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Tablets/buy-ASUS-...R-Tablet/717703

If you use the voucher code "5OFF" you should get 5% off the order plus if you go via Quidco you should get another 2.5% cashback (the voucher is compatible with the cashback)

Guest ritdaw

They didn't really have much info, I just quoted the online product code for the tablet on its own. I might ring their main line and see if they actually have stock, some places take payment and have next day delivery but the thing might not have actually been released to them yet.

Guest Matchstick
They didn't really have much info, I just quoted the online product code for the tablet on its own. I might ring their main line and see if they actually have stock, some places take payment and have next day delivery but the thing might not have actually been released to them yet.

I'd imagine that charging extra for next day delivery when you know that you can't actually deliver the product next day would be a bit of a legal no-no :D

Guest ritdaw
I'd imagine that charging extra for next day delivery when you know that you can't actually deliver the product next day would be a bit of a legal no-no :D

I guess if they quoted pre-order it would be legal but not if they are stating its instock for next day delivery.

Guest mamoulian

P

Yup, been trying quite hard to get hold of the bundle.

Most places I've phoned don't have a clue what it is, those that do don't know when they will have stock.

I managed to put through an order on Comet's site twice now, only to then receive an email saying it's out of stock and the order is cancelled :-/

Thanks for the voucher code @Matchstick!

Someone on another forum said it uses standard nvflash as well as some Asus flash tool so access is looking hopeful :-)

Guest Matchstick
Yup, been trying quite hard to get hold of the bundle.

Most places I've phoned don't have a clue what it is, those that do don't know when they will have stock.

I managed to put through an order on Comet's site twice now, only to then receive an email saying it's out of stock and the order is cancelled :-/

Thanks for the voucher code @Matchstick!

Someone on another forum said it uses standard nvflash as well as some Asus flash tool so access is looking hopeful :-)

Hope it's useful :D

However looking at the Quidco site it appears the 5% Off voucher runs out today so probably not going to be any use if you are holding out for the Keyboard. (Course as soon as it runs out there way may well be another one along)

Edited by Matchstick

Guest AshtonBRSC

I ordered one from Comet this morning. Supposedly being delivered on Friday but I'll believe it when I see it.

I've also got a Xoom on order from PCWorld so either may arrive first and I'll have to decide between them. Wanted the keyboard bundle with the Eee Pad but it disappeared from the Comet site overnight.

Guest redmongoose

P

This is indeed very good news B)

I have 2 on order (1 for me & 1 for the wife)

This will tide me over until a thin tab comes along.

Guest mamoulian
I ordered one from Comet this morning. Supposedly being delivered on Friday but I'll believe it when I see it.

You might be alright with that, the keyboardless version doesn't seem to be in too much demand.

My order for the bundle was met with some emails saying 'order is processing' but with no order number. followed by an 'order is cancelled' email. If you got an actual order confirmation then you're much further than I got.

AFAIK no bundles-with-keyboard have been available at all anywhere, might now be 18th for them.

This is indeed very good news :D

I have 2 on order (1 for me & 1 for the wife)

This will tide me over until a thin tab comes along.

Wow that's alot to splash out for less than 3 months.

Guest Deus_ex11
Did they say if they could get the Tablet + Keyboard bundle or just the Tablet ?

If you just want the tablet you should be able to order from Comet for delivery tomorrow if you order by 2PM

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Tablets/buy-ASUS-...R-Tablet/717703

If you use the voucher code "5OFF" you should get 5% off the order plus if you go via Quidco you should get another 2.5% cashback (the voucher is compatible with the cashback)

I ordered one from Comet earlier for delivery this Friday with the code and quidco. I make it £351.49 for a great bit of kit. I plan on getting another one with a keyboard and give this one to my dad if he likes it. I'll do a quick review on Friday morning when I get it. I can't wait.

I'm more interested in the multi-media side of this tablet. Hopefully it will play mkv's and all popular file types without trouble. I plan on using it with my projector as a large remote for all my media, streaming from my nas box.

Guest s.morris

P

Hi Paul,

Nice to see you are on board, you did some nice work on the Vega so got high hopes, Not got mine yet , But soon I hope, Decided to go for the Pad only for now, and perhaps get the keyboard later should I feel the need.

I have one little question for any one.

Will it be detrimental not having the keyboard when it come to hacking this Pad ( should it be possible), as far as I am aware the keyboard connets to a PC in the same way as the pad only with a proprietary connector to USB.

Steve

Guest Buzing Bee

The kb will have no effect on how hackable (dev friendly) this tab is :D looking at what info iv seen so far it will be very friendly ;) it looks to have a fastboot driver for to this spacific device ID / vendor ID witch wouldn't be there without a reason .... just hoping they haven't blocked any commands :D

I have a 16GB + Keyboard version on pre order from ebuyer, and up to this morning its has a stock level warning (witch is now gone) so it looks like they /may/ have stock B)

Hope to hack this device ...... (i love the vega but the screen is a PITA)

Guest Matchstick

I was just glancing at the Ebuyer spec page for the Transformer and noticed it said

Support for optional cards up to 32 GB (functionality requires future software upgrade)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/262117

Does this mean that, like the Xoom, the SD Card slot doesn't actually work yet ?

-Edit-

Someone on the bit-tech forums is claiming that his Transformer has now arrived so I'm trying to find out if he knows if the SD Card slot is working.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?...6353&page=5

Edited by Matchstick

Guest BillBong

I've got one of these on order through Comet only for delivery tomorrow. I think its the keyboard bundles that are released on the 18th. The pads on their own are already available. Its great news to see a board for this one. Can't wait to see Paul's take on it

Damnit Paul, I just ordered with comet and couldn't get the 5off code to work!, got quidco at least though. Will give them a ring.

Edit: woohoo sorted

Edited by wi11

Guest Matchstick

I'm so tempted to order now, but I REALLY want the keyboard as well :D

Pity comet aren't doing a deal where you buy the bundle and they ship the tablet now and the keyboard when it arrives (I'd pay an extra postage fee for that).

I'm so tempted to order now, but I REALLY want the keyboard as well :D

Pity comet aren't doing a deal where you buy the bundle and they ship the tablet now and the keyboard when it arrives (I'd pay an extra postage fee for that).

You should be able to get the keyboard for not much more than if you'd got the bundle. Asus have pretty much said this on twitter.

Guest leisurefix
You should be able to get the keyboard for not much more than if you'd got the bundle. Asus have pretty much said this on twitter.

If there was a guarantee about getting the keyboard at a price very close (max £60) to the bundled price then I would buy the tablet by itself now, but without that certainty on price (& future availability) I am going to wait. But hey, at least there are going to be some left in the shops to have a look at over the next few weeks as most people seem to want the keyboard.