Tun.ko for the LG 2x

Guest MeX_DK

Guest MeX_DK

Hey there,

I was wondering if someone has this particular file on hand as I need it for VPN connections. I had it on my HTC Desire and it worked like a charm and now I happen to need it for my LG 2x as well. Someone informed me it was included in Paul's roms, but im not particularly interested in tossing myself at a custom rom just yet.

Guest PhilNelwyn
Someone informed me it was included in Paul's roms, but im not particularly interested in tossing myself at a custom rom just yet.

Could it be extracted from the rom ?

Guest Le_PoUnT

I think it's available in the basic LG ROM.

Go to Wireless & Network, and just above to Mobile network settings, you should see VPN settings.

Edit: erf sorry, I talk to fast, I was convinced, that tun.ko was in the V10B.

Edited by Le_PoUnT

Guest MeX_DK
Could it be extracted from the rom ?

Should be able to do that, just not sure where Paul is hiding it B)

I think it's available in the basic LG ROM.

Go to Wireless & Network, and just above to Mobile network settings, you should see VPN settings.

Edit: erf sorry, I talk to fast, I was convinced, that tun.ko was in the V10B.

The regular VPN settings are there. But I need tun.ko in order to get Cisco's Anyconnect agent work, and same with OpenVPN >:D. Its stupid that goggle didn't include these from scratch and that you have to alter your phone in order to get the support.

Guest MeX_DK
I recompiled the kernel, so it probably won't work with the stock kernel...

P

Thanks Paul,

Can you offer any help in guiding me so I may compile one that works with the stock rom?. Because I would think others might be interested in this as well.

Edited by MeX_DK

• 8 months later...
Guest tantalus

if anyone is still interested: ive compiled a tun.ko for v20l. im on the road right now so please look at xda. my username there is tantalus1983v2.