Couple of questions about official Samsung ROMS

Guest Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse

Hi there,

I've spent days trawling through this forum and can't seem to find the right answers, at least not in English that I can understand B)

Would be very grateful if anyone can help with the following:

1. What is the latest official Samsung build of Windows 6.5.3 for the Omnia 2 that has English language support? By this, I mean what is the firmware name (e.g. I800NXXJH2) and the CSC, PDA, eBoot components required/contained therein? Many of the posts here talk about having to use a different CSC so it's not in Russian or Danish, is there not just one download that will work out-of-the-box for English?

2. On the samfirmware.com site, I can see that the last official Samsung build is I8000NXXJJ1 dated October 2010 which I believe this is a Windows 6.5 ROM. However, there is also I800NXXJI1 listed dated September 2010 which I think is WinMo 6.5.3 (as per question1 above). My question is why would the last official Samsung build be an update to WinMo 6.5 rather than WinMo 6.5.3?

3. Are there any major differences between the official WM6.5 and 6.5.3 builds provided by Samsung, especially in performance and functionality provided? By this, I mean is it worth upgrading? Is it more finger friendly? Can you still use the cube button to start the menu? The jump from 6.1 to 6.5 was significant, I'm not so sure about 6.5 to 6.5.3 so am wondering whether it's worth the effort.

4. What significant software and GUI changes, if any, are there between the official Samsung builds of 6.5 and 6.5.3? I know the Bubble Breaker game has gone from 6.5.3 and I can live without that. What about the SMS and contact functionality?

Many thanks in advance for any help, I've really tried hard to find the answers in this forum but most of the posts here are around custom ROM's which I've no interest in. I can see that flashing the Omnia is going to be far messier that it was with my old Samsung i600 :D

Edited by Dark Horse

Guest Speedfrog

1. JI1 (6.5.3)

2. dont know, but someone like wm 6.5 more than 6.5.3.

3. 6.5 is faster, but 6.5.3 is more finger friendly.

4. almost nothing.

Guest Dark Horse

Thanks for the speedy reply Speedfrog B)

1. JI1 (6.5.3)

I see several links on here, should I download the individual eBoot, CSC, Phone and MST files or just the single English ROM dump that contains all of the above for English? That thread says the individual files and MST are in Russian so I'm guessing I need the English ROM dump only.

Tusin tak (it's been years since I visited Norway so apologies if I got it wrong :D)