[ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal

Guest lgcmn

thread

This ROM will not save changes I have made.

If I install swype and enable it, It gets disabled when I power off then power back on again

It also reverts to stock wall paper when I power off then back on...

And it aint ready the battery level correctly, The value is all over the place

What gives?

wrong battery level is the bug with old TechnoLover's boot (new version is available with fix, check his threadwink.gif)

for ur other bugs (not saving stuff) - it's something wrong with ur metal, i don't have this bug (so as other people)

Edited by lgcmn

Guest stonebear

This ROM will not save changes I have made.

If I install swype and enable it, It gets disabled when I power off then power back on again

Are you sure Swype isn't installed on the SD card?

The google quick search I ended up solving by using Root Explorer: to cut & paste, restart and worked fine.

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk

Edited by matt`

Also a couple of other things:

The bottom bar, can the world be changed from the Browser to Dolphin Browser ~ can't find how to do this.

Can the apps list be sorted alphabetically on the menu?

Thanks,

Matt

Long press on it and choose to change the icon. Which launcher are you using?

The acer one I think? You have to slide it all the way up. 4 icons along the bottom. Long press does nothing apart from move from the bottom bar to the home screen but the icon remains.

Edit; fixed it. You have to slide the bar up, then drag an icon off, then drag the replacement icon back to the bar.

Edited by matt`

yes, that's correct..but the only thing that u will need the AmonRa recovery 2.2, because CWM recovery will give u an error when flashing (it doesn't support update-script, which is in this stock-app module)

Could you give me further guidance on this please. I have downloaded the stock app ZIP, removed all in system/app except WeatherWidget.apk then rezipped.

I have downloaded RecoveryMT-2.2. Now how do I flash this across? Think I'm getting a bit confused between AmonRa and CWM? ~ how do I access AmonRa to flash it? I previously used the instructions on the original custom rom thread

Much easier to just transfer to phone ftp or download, install then long press on blank area whilst locked - add widget.

Love this ROM! However, I am having issu to sync my outlook contacts since this rom has removed the Acer Sync, is there other wasy to sync my outlook contacts?

Love this ROM! However, I am having issu to sync my outlook contacts since this rom has removed the Acer Sync, is there other wasy to sync my outlook contacts?

Install from here: http://dl.dropbox.co...27/AcerSync.apk

OR QR: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F10591127%2FAcerSync.apk

And install with ES File Explorer

This does not work. When i flash it i get... "Installation aborted".

Any reason why?

!!! For modules use AmonRa recovery 2.2, cause CWM recovery has problems with update script !!!

maybe this is the answer?wink.gif

You are so right!

Module flashed but... rom is stuck on boot screen! sad.gif

try to flash again..or flash TechnoLover's kernel 1.1a.. or return to 800Mhz ;)

metals are sometimes very unpredictable :)

Guest Galaxyweb

it was deleted..use the first module to get it back ;)

Sorry but which first module?

Ah ok ...I see ...now I try

Ok solved Thanks

Edited by Galaxyweb