[CUSTOM ROM]Joestone's clean 2.3.2

Guest despotovski01

Guest despotovski01

ALL CREDITS GO TO JOESTONE!

Joestone made a clean Gingerbread ROM for our device. No CyanogenMod, just Android.

What is working:

Wifi,

Audio (Speaker and headset not working while in call .

GSM , mms send and receive, automatic apn setup, mobilinternet

Bluetooth (file send and receive is ok,I have no bt headset to test that function)

Sensors

Camera (not fully ,You can take picturess , but videorecording is not working yet , camera button is not functioning yet)

SD card (the card is not mounted at boot time you have to open the cover of the sd and close it to mount. After it works fine .Install to sd is not activated in the kernel yet .It will be in the next release .

USB connection (file push to and pull from sd , adb connection)

Google market , gmail

GPS, aGPS

Root

APP2SD

FMRADIO

Autofocus

SDcard partitions

Bugs:

The CPU speed is at max almost all the time

-----------------------------------

Screenshots:

devicee.pngdevice2i.png

devicert.png287518_ginger34.png

287518_ginger28.pngdevice1a.png

Thread at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=969366

Click here to visit the webpage where Joestone writes daily updates about his project.

-----------------------------------

FINAL VERSION

Downloads:

For recovery - latest is recovery710.zip

For fastboot - latest is ginger710.zip

Edited by despotovski01

Guest mixlis
Just keeping my thread alive. :)

Very nice. i wish there should be an update fixing autofocus and other stuff.

Anyway i really hate cyanogenMod cause with so much "mods" its even worse than manufactures bloatware.

They do nothing except drinking batterie's power

• 3 weeks later...
Guest despotovski01

Joestone released an update for his ROM!

Changes:

camera fix (autofocus is working)

youtube hq is working

audio fix (headphone works while in a call)

fmradio is working

partitioned sd card mount is working

call waiting and call hold is working

emergency call button is visible

busybox added

Guest fdespotovski

The new version is out.There are some small fixes.Download ginger0511 or recovery0511 from the same link.And you should update your starpost. :unsure:

Guest fdespotovski

The battery test is finally over. I got 5 full days without charging. I haven't used any tweaks. I must say that this is very impressive. Everything was stock on the rom, except setcpu and root explorer. The phone was overclocked at 806mhz max and 122mhz min frequency. Sadly, I still have that bug with the cpu speed. It's maxed @806mhz the most of the time. But I still got 5 full days without charge(with minimum to middle use). I think that this is very good. And, consider the fact that I used wifi, downloaded some apps(explorer, root explorer), listened to music and fm radio and made some phone calls. Here are some screenshots:

01.png02.png

I know it says 4 days and 6 hours but it's actually five days. You can also notice that my up time is also good: 101 hours, 21 minutes and 8 seconds! I used the 0508 rom(correct me if I'm wrong), not the newest 0511 rom.

Guest despotovski01
Looks clean and nice but my heart goes with CyanogenMod 7 :)

Until Joestone fixes the CPU bug, I will stick with CM7 too. :unsure:

Guest fdespotovski
Looks clean and nice but my heart goes with CyanogenMod 7 :unsure:

I love the interface of this rom. It's so "clean". But I will stick with CM7 until Joe fixes the CPU bug.

Guest zigma80

Hi, I've been using this ROM for couple days and I think this is a good one.

I switched from Swiftdroid 2.0 M4 to this ROM because it's clean, faster and has much better (clear and loud) sound on speaker call.

I used speaker call a lot.

There has been a small update on boot.img for data2system version from Joestone.

It now supports iptables.

Guest infernal

Tried it and had to charge the battery up 3 times in 24 hours with some pretty heavy use which is normal for me/ calls wifi youtube, gone back to Froyo Optimum v3

Guest fdespotovski
Tried it and had to charge the battery up 3 times in 24 hours with some pretty heavy use which is normal for me/ calls wifi youtube, gone back to Froyo Optimum v3

The cpu bug sucks up the battery.Joe needs to fix that.

Guest despotovski01
Is it worth to switch to joestones version from CM7 openswift? Are memory handling/battery life much better really?

I don't know for the last version, but for the previous versions, the battery life was worse than SwiftDroid, but it was handling memory better. Some people say that the battery life with the latest version is great. You can try it. :P