Hi I'm kinda new at hacking androids

Guest buhnanafone

Guest buhnanafone

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I looked around about everywhere (including on this forum on how to get live wallpaper on your phone by rooting). My phone is Motorola Xt300 (otherwise known as Motorola Spice). It DOES NOT support live wallpaper, however I did see couple of Brazillian/Mexican Sites where the phone has live wallpaper.

I only speak english so it was kind of hard for me to understand how they did it. However, after painstaking research I found out about rooting. Okay so the problem right now is that even with everything I am not able to get the live wallpaper to work.

Kay so far this is what I have:

Apps:

Z4Root (Permanent Rooted)

ROM Manager

Super Manager

Superuser

Terminal Emulator

Universtal Androot (Doesnot work though, instead I use Z4Root)

I downloaded this file from this forum Live_Wallpapers.rar; it includes libRS.so, librs_jni.so, LiveWallpapers.apk, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, VisualizationWallpapers.apk.

Now I deleted libRS.so and librs_jni.so from the system/lib and copied and pasted the ones included on the .rar file. Also I installed LiveWallpapers.apk, LiveWallpapersPicker.apk and VisualizationWallpapers.apk.

I also have a copy of all those on my /sdcard.

From this thread I did exactly what it said here

ok iv got live wallpapers working

thanks to slumpolo @xda

frist things you need is

your phone needs to be rooted

download my zip file and extract the files and put them on you memory card

in root explorer delete these files in system/libs/

libRS.so

librs_jni.so

then Start terminal emulator and type

cat /sdcard/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk > /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk

cat /sdcard/libRS.so > /system/lib/libRS.so

cat /sdcard/librs_jni.so > /system/lib/librs_jni.so

However when I type /sdcard/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk > /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk, it says cannot create /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk: read-only file system.

I don't know what to do anymore :) guys help?

Ps. When I do open wallpapers settings it shows LiveWallpaper with alot of live wallpapers, however when I try to set one of those the program force closes. It says

"The application Live wallpaper Picker (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectredly. Please try again."

Now if you guys help me I'd appreciate it thanks!

Below is the file i downloaded off this forum off that post i mentioned earlier.

Live_Wallpapers.rar

• 3 months later...
Guest flshg

Since you have super manager, you may as well use that: it can mount your system partition to allow you to copy those files over, same as root explorer as suggested by fat4.

Using super manager file explorer, select to copy one of those files, navigate to the correct system directory. Super manager will ask if you want to mount as read/write or read-only: select read/write.

You may also need to change the permissions on the .apk file to enable it to run, so highlight that file in file explorer, then select the permissions tool from the bottom toolbar (has an icon with "777" on it) and tick the 'execute' option for owner (and group and other if necessary).

• 2 years later...