JJ1, JI1 Full, Lite, Sense 2.1 ROMBuilder by jacobn

Guest jacobn

Guest jacobn

Now is it possible to merge the dutch language files from the JJ1 ROM into the 21916 sys/xip you provided? If it's possible what steps do I need to take to achieve this?

It is necessary to find your language packages for SYS 21916. I could not find them in Internet. It is possible to use language packages from SYS 21915: 21915_XIP.BIN_MSXIPKernel_SYS_QVGA_WQVGA_VGA_WVGA_ALL_LANG

Guest mavado

It is necessary to find your language packages for SYS 21916. I could not find them in Internet. It is possible to use language packages from SYS 21915: 21915_XIP.BIN_MSXIPKernel_SYS_QVGA_WQVGA_VGA_WVGA_ALL_LANG

Thnx, I'm now downloading the 21915 Sys. I also searched for a sys 21916 language pack, but couldn't find it.

Now I have the package, what's the next step? The sys contains all de languages, I guess it's not as easy as copy the sys and xip and i'm ready to built.

Guest jacobn

Now I have the package, what's the next step? The sys contains all de languages, I guess it's not as easy as copy the sys and xip and i'm ready to built.

It is necessary in SYS 21916 to replace all folders *Lang_0409, modules and files *.0409.mui on *Lang_0413 and *.0413.mui from SYS 21915.

All rest to use only from SYS 21916!

Guest mavado

It is necessary in SYS 21916 to replace all folders *Lang_0409, modules and files *.0409.mui on *Lang_0413 and *.0413.mui from SYS 21915.

All rest to use only from SYS 21916!

Should I keep the Lang_0409 folder names, or can I change the folder names to Lang_0413?

Also is it possible to replace the OEM languag files with the ones I already dumped from the original JJ1 ROM?

Guess I also need to change the provisioning files? Those files points to 'english' directory names.

Edited by mavado

Guest jacobn

Should I keep the Lang_0409 folder names, or can I change the folder names to Lang_0413?

Also is it possible to replace the OEM languag files with the ones I already dumped from the original JJ1 ROM?

Guess I also need to change the provisioning files? Those files points to 'english' directory names.

All *.0409 to remove, leave only *.0413. Prepared SYS 21916 with language packages 0413 from 21915: SYS_21916_0413

Folders, files and modules *.0409 from OEM it is necessary to remove all. To add or replace *.0413 of original ROM JJ1.

Names of memory and program folders are better for leaving English.

It is necessary to rename in OEM:

- names of shortcuts in initflashfiles.dat and in all initflashfiles.txt.

- names of buttons in *button*.provxml

- names of buttons in the some *.rgu

Guest mavado

All *.0409 to remove, leave only *.0413. Prepared SYS 21916 with language packages 0413 from 21915: SYS_21916_0413

Folders, files and modules *.0409 from OEM it is necessary to remove all. To add or replace *.0413 of original ROM JJ1.

Names of memory and program folders are better for leaving English.

It is necessary to rename in OEM:

- names of shortcuts in initflashfiles.dat and in all initflashfiles.txt.

- names of buttons in *button*.provxml

- names of buttons in the some *.rgu

Thnx for the support!!! I will try to complete the rom today. :)

Guest mavado

Thnx Jacobn,

The ROM is succesfully build and flashed! Many thanks for the support! I will now continue to optimize the ROM. Some things are not working correctly. Start Menu has disappeared completely. But I'm using MainMenu, so it's not problem, but I will try to find the cause of this. And some samsung apps are not localized. Like clock, schedule and media player. Other samsung apps like messages are translated...will see if I can find where the language files are.

thanks again!

Guest jacobn

Start Menu has disappeared completely.

Use a file initflashfiles.dat from 0413 originals JJ1 or change in a file initflashfiles.dat from ROMBulder names of folders \Windows\StartUp and \Windows\Start Menu\Programs to your names.

These changes are necessary for making in all initflashfiles.txt.

Your names are in SYS\Base_Lang_0413\*.rgu:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Application Data"="\Application Data"

"Desktop"="\Windows\Bureaublad"

"Favorites"="\Windows\Favorieten"

"Fonts"="\Windows\Lettertypen"

"My Documents"="\My Documents"

"Program Files"="\Programmabestanden"

"Programs"="\Windows\Programma's"

"Recent"="\Windows\Recent"

"StartUp"="\Windows\Opstarten"

"Windows"="\Windows"

Alternative: it is possible for nothing to change, simply to remove parameter [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Explorer\Shell Folders] in SYS \Base_Lang_0413\*.rgu. Names will remain English.

Guest mavado

Use a file initflashfiles.dat from 0413 originals JJ1 or change in a file initflashfiles.dat from ROMBulder names of folders \Windows\StartUp and \Windows\Start Menu\Programs to your names.

These changes are necessary for making in all initflashfiles.txt.

Your names are in SYS\Base_Lang_0413\*.rgu:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Explorer\Shell Folders]

"Application Data"="\Application Data"

"Desktop"="\Windows\Bureaublad"

"Favorites"="\Windows\Favorieten"

"Fonts"="\Windows\Lettertypen"

"My Documents"="\My Documents"

"Program Files"="\Programmabestanden"

"Programs"="\Windows\Programma's"

"Recent"="\Windows\Recent"

"StartUp"="\Windows\Opstarten"

"Windows"="\Windows"

Alternative: it is possible for nothing to change, simply to remove parameter [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Explorer\Shell Folders] in SYS \Base_Lang_0413\*.rgu. Names will remain English.

I have no *.rgu files in SYS\Base_Lang_0413.

Guest mavado

9d6aeb64-3f74-4e65-950b-a86badf0fb1a.rgu

Found the problem....seems that a lot of files are marked as system files. Default in Windows 7 those files are not visable. :(.

Edited by mavado

Guest unh1nged

PROBLEM:

It used to work fine for me, I reinstalled Windows 7 x64, and now I get this after entering Pagepool number:

Enter desirable size Page Pool into Mb (1-24):12

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Find "NKKD8" signature at offset: 0x002CB7C0

Find instruction at offset: 0x002CBA8C

Find PagePool Value at offset: 0x002CBA9C

Old value: 0x00900000(9MB)

New value: 0x00C00000(12MB) written to offset 0x002CBA9C.

ERROR - Can not open the source file

Omnia2 ROM utility // © 2009 by RodrigoFD. Version 1.0.3643.26198

Error processing command: Could not find file 'D:\Omnia Storage\JI1_ROMBuilderEN

\OS.nb.NEW.NEW'.

Deletes temporary files ...

Could Not Find D:\Omnia Storage\JI1_ROMBuilderEN\*.new*

New PDA it is created in folder UPDATING.

But the created PDA_New.nb0 = 0kb

Any ideas?

Guest jacobn

PROBLEM:

...I reinstalled Windows 7 x64...

ERROR - Can not open the source file

Copy command from BuildROM.bat is not executed:

copy/y ROM \xip.bin xip.bin

copy/y PDA \OS.nb OS.nb

copy/y PDA \I8000NXXJI1.nb0 I8000NXXJI1.nb0

Check up, should be:

Total Sectors: 0xbcff

1 File (s) copied

1 File (s) copied

1 File (s) copied

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun:> PDAclan.com

Sector size: 0x00000800

Extra data bytes: 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

Can not find compression signature.

Part-2 inserting...

Part-2 is an IMGFS Partition...

Successfully inserted temp \imgfs.bin into OS.nb. NEW

Size Page Pool to default of 9 Mb

Enter desirable size Page Pool into Mb (1-24):

Reason:

- folders ROM and PDA are lost

- it is probably necessary to change options of safety of system.

Guest segelfreak

Hello Jacobn

First of all let me thank you for this really really, really! good work. I'm loving your ROMBuilder! As everybody has a different taste regarding the included programs in a ROM, the solution that everyone could compile his own ROM is absolutely the best.

To get a better understanding I have three questions about the JJ1 ROMBuilder:

1) The included OEM Packages (Samsung Dialer, Touch Player, .... and so on), are they all the original packages from the official JJ1 firmware or are they from an older firmware version?

2) Is there any way to install specific OEM packages from your ROMbuilder AFTER flashing? Or are there only the two ways of [1] reflash with a new configuration or [2] search for the specific program as a CAB file?

3) I stumbled upon a CAB library for the JE1 firmware, where all OEM packages were supplied as CABs. Do you know if something similar exists for the JJ1 firmware programs?

Many thanks in advance and keep on with your good work,

Segelfreak

Guest jacobn

1) The included OEM Packages (Samsung Dialer, Touch Player, .... and so on), are they all the original packages from the official JJ1 firmware or are they from an older firmware version?

2) Is there any way to install specific OEM packages from your ROMbuilder AFTER flashing? Or are there only the two ways of [1] reflash with a new configuration or [2] search for the specific program as a CAB file?

3) I stumbled upon a CAB library for the JE1 firmware, where all OEM packages were supplied as CABs. Do you know if something similar exists for the JJ1 firmware programs?

1. All packages OEM from JJ1 (except for SecContact, I do not like the pop-up keyboard). Samsung Menu it is added, in JJ1 it is not present.

2. Any way and Install any OEM (if only worked!)

3. Use CAB_TOOLS from folder Editors for independent creation cab-files from packages OEM JJ1.

Guest segelfreak

1. All packages OEM from JJ1 (except for SecContact, I do not like the pop-up keyboard). Samsung Menu it is added, in JJ1 it is not present.

2. Any way and Install any OEM (if only worked!)

3. Use CAB_TOOLS from folder Editors for independent creation cab-files from packages OEM JJ1.

Jacobn,

thank you very much for your answers and your explanations. Sounds really good to me. Especially the CAB_TOOLS are really excellent. I didn't pay much attention to them before, but now ..... whohooo what a great tool.

Thank you so much for your great work.

Best regards,

Segelfreak

Guest segelfreak

Hello!

I want to ask you if there is any known issue regarding the mobile tracker feature. When i activate this feature it keeps sending a SMS message every time I power up my phone with my SIM Card. Normally it should do this only when a foreign SIM Card is insert. Do I need to set up anything else to use mobile tracker correctly or is there something wrong with this app? ...or did I miss something? Here is my current configuration:

9ppwm21916.jpg

Right now I disabled mobile tracker again and thinking of building a new ROM without mobile tracker.

Thanks in advance for any tip and

Best regards,

Segelfreak

Edited by segelfreak

• 4 months later...
Guest Bogus1977

hello

will try to build my own rom. but i'm not sure where i must start the buildos.bat?

i'm using win7 x64, and i'll get an error when starting the .bat

must i copy 2 omnia2 and start there?

ok. copyied the whole folder to c:, now it worked.

now is must figure out if i can add some .cab files directly into the rom.

Edited by Bogus1977

ok. copyied the whole folder to c:, now it worked.

now is must figure out if i can add some .cab files directly into the rom.

BTW i want to figure out that too! :( I want to add newer OEM cabs to the ROM i build, because the one's that are there, are very old :(

Packages can be created from *.cab-files by means of package-creator-v2.7.

Sometimes it happens enough, but in most cases - is not. Package-creator assorts a cab-file and creates a *.rgu-file

only in the event that all changes in the register have been directly registered in a cab-file. The majority of programs

makes options and records in the register on commands of the *.exe-file at the first start. This information in a cab-file is not present.

It is necessary to install the program on a device and to trace change of the register (by means of CeRegEdit).

Sometimes at the first start names of files vary even or there is their unpacking from archives. It too should be traced.

In a package there should be files ready to work on a device!

Sorry my english!:rolleyes:

Packages can be created from *.cab-files by means of package-creator-v2.7.

Sometimes it happens enough, but in most cases - is not. Package-creator assorts a cab-file and creates a *.rgu-file

only in the event that all changes in the register have been directly registered in a cab-file. The majority of programs

makes options and records in the register on commands of the *.exe-file at the first start. This information in a cab-file is not present.

It is necessary to install the program on a device and to trace change of the register (by means of CeRegEdit).

Sometimes at the first start names of files vary even or there is their unpacking from archives. It too should be traced.

In a package there should be files ready to work on a device!

Sorry my english!:rolleyes:

Thanx for the info jacobn! I bet its easier to install everything after myself. BTW, maybe You could update the ROM builder with newer OEM, if not lazy :D Because your ROM builder is most useful for me! I've even digged the graphical resourses and made some changes...

• 1 year later...