Camera options

Guest loonyspoony

Guest loonyspoony

When my Orange San Francisco came out of the box the camera was able to do a few different shooting options such as black and white, sepia etc along with other additional functions.

I now have Froyo r11b and notice that the number of camera options has reduced considerably, no B&W option etc.

Is there a way of getting the full functionality of the camera back?

Guest Swimmerboy
When my Orange San Francisco came out of the box the camera was able to do a few different shooting options such as black and white, sepia etc along with other additional functions.

I now have Froyo r11b and notice that the number of camera options has reduced considerably, no B&W option etc.

Is there a way of getting the full functionality of the camera back?

Taking the Camera.apk file from the Stock rom and using it to replace the one on your phone under /system/app may do the trick? You'd have to use a file explorer with root access, or use ADB for this though. I'd recommend taking a nandroid first too - if things go wrong you'd likely just not be able to take photos/videos but you never know!

Guest loonyspoony
Just use a different camera app, there are loads on the market

Wanted to get Camera 360 but the free version appears to have gone now. Pro Paint appears to take pictures at 1m pixels only and I can'tfind anything else decent. Does anyone know where the original camera app is or a good alternative.

Guest halfman
Wanted to get Camera 360 but the free version appears to have gone now. Pro Paint appears to take pictures at 1m pixels only and I can'tfind anything else decent. Does anyone know where the original camera app is or a good alternative.

Is this the one you want.

sorry just read the rules and removed the link.

Edited by halfman