nVidia drops support for Tegra Harmony

Guest JingleManSweep

Guest premieral
Please stop telling people what to do.

i`m new to these forums myself but i`m with lenny, if you read these forums often enough you will see the exact notice that started this thread.

Clutter as has been said many times on all forums makes finding the important stuff so much harder for everyone to find.

as all newbies have commented so many times about how hard it is to find the right information, that is because when you search it brings up every thread with the string in it and every time you launch a new thread you add to the confusion you will eventually complain of , if you havent already!

thats my ten pence worth

+ 1 to Lenny

Guest ezynow

Look this is the whole point - if people dont shout about these things it is unlikely nvidia would have released a press statement.

If we all just sat back nothing gets done. The more nvidia/advent whoever realize that not supporting us is gonna harm their reputation in economic terms then more likely we will have hc etc.

Need to slate nvidia again for their linux optimus non-support, please highlight this issue as many people may not be aware of the issue!

:)

Please stop telling people what to do.

The single most stupid reply I have seen on a forum ...

TBH .. I have given trynig to 'educate' people in the ways of forum etiquette, nobody listens or uses the 'search' functionality anyway

Guest diamondgar
Look this is the whole point - if people dont shout about these things it is unlikely nvidia would have released a press statement.

If we all just sat back nothing gets done. The more nvidia/advent whoever realize that not supporting us is gonna harm their reputation in economic terms then more likely we will have hc etc.

Need to slate nvidia again for their linux optimus non-support, please highlight this issue as many people may not be aware of the issue!

Its a decent point that although it may be posted within a thread somewhere, not everyone follows every thread all the time so most will miss these sort of details. I do think that even though most people complaining on the Nvidia board just didnt understand the issue, we have now shown Nvidia that we care about continued support of our devices to the point that they say they are going to reach out to rom developers. So even if there has been a extra thread or 2 on this i think it was worth a bit of extra noise.

i know even though i follow both Modaco and xda fairly closely it was the new thread on Modaco that i picked up this thread originally.

To be honest its not like there is 100 new threads going up each day, and if there is nothing worth talking about in the thread it will dissapear of the first page pretty quickly.

Guest mintvilla

TBH .. I have given trynig to 'educate' people in the ways of forum etiquette, nobody listens or uses the 'search' functionality anyway

look i could understand if it was one of those " so when do you think honeycomb will come to vegas" kind of post.

The original post will giving new information from a press release that happended today... from nvidia.

This stuff is relevent, and its new, and thus deserves a new post, This does not deserve to be stuck on the end of an old thread, just so its proper "etiquette".

ANd by your logic, when honeycomb is released, and a rom is formed from it, that wont deserve a new post either, that should just be stuck on the end of another post? somehow i dont think you'l be complaining then.

Guest premieral
look i could understand if it was one of those " so when do you think honeycomb will come to vegas" kind of post.

The original post will giving new information from a press release that happended today... from nvidia.

This stuff is relevent, and its new, and thus deserves a new post, This does not deserve to be stuck on the end of an old thread, just so its proper "etiquette".

ANd by your logic, when honeycomb is released, and a rom is formed from it, that wont deserve a new post either, that should just be stuck on the end of another post? somehow i dont think you'l be complaining then.

you are missing the point somewhat as i think we would all agree if this was adding something new that couldn`t easily be found it would be useful, but the original link by the op was mentioned last night by Mingoid in the thread a few down from this titled "Honeycomb" post 45 if you dont want to search.

Plus if you were to add a new comment to an old thread it jumps to the top of the first page so yes it is important to learn "etiquette" :)

Guest tony barnes

The child in me is tempted to post a new Honeycomb thread, but the adult in me agrees that bumping making things easier.... decision, decisions...! :)

Who mods these boards? Other boards I'm on simply lock redundant posts, or merge them

Guest premieral
The child in me is tempted to post a new Honeycomb thread, but the adult in me agrees that bumping making things easier.... decision, decisions...! :)

Who mods these boards? Other boards I'm on simply lock redundant posts, or merge them

Lol :)

Guest elvis333

Why are you trying to educate people? Leave it to Modaco to sort the threads out sand merge them. If you dont like the thread stay clear of it. And if thats the most stupid reply you've ever seen you are one sad bastard as your post is genius. What would these forums be like if you Werent here to police them. Cock. Leave Modaco to run their own forum.

Edited by elvis333

Guest rferrett

Arrgghhh... these arguments make my head hurt.

Look, anyone interested in Honeycomb stuff is going to read the thread called honeycomb if it has new posts no one needs to start a new bloody thread for every new slightly different bit of news. Please, please it is poor netiquette.

We have all done it but it when we for whatever reason missed and existing thread or searched badly. But when the existing thread is showing on the front bloody page of the Vega forum there really is no excuse.

Gosh darn and tarnations!

Harumpf

Guest stoolzo

Where I agree this could have been posted on the other thread it was quicker for me just to post it as I was busy at work, I dont always have time to search and look for the most relevant thread - regardless of whether it is on the front page or not.

deal with it children.

Guest elvis333
Where I agree this could have been posted on the other thread it was quicker for me just to post it as I was busy at work, I dont always have time to search and look for the most relevant thread - regardless of whether it is on the front page or not.

deal with it children.

Cheers for posting it. IM sure the mods can merge it if they want.

Edited by elvis333

Guest CrArC

deal with it children.

Having written off the Honeycomb thread as just discussion (nothing wrong with that, but it's not useful information and clearly little is happening) I must say I'm glad you posted a new thread. Otherwise I'd not have checked the right threads to know that NVIDIA clarified.

It's not poor netiquette to post a new thread at all. I don't want to trawl through tons of posts to find tidbits of information. That's insane. If it's new and important it deserves its own post.

I'm glad some people are getting with the program because I'm getting sick of people moaning about how rude it is that we're not forced to trawl through threads. :)

Guest premieral
Why are you trying to educate people? Leave it to Modaco to sort the threads out sand merge them. If you dont like the thread stay clear of it. And if thats the most stupid reply you've ever seen you are one sad bastard as your post is genius. What would these forums be like if you Werent here to police them. Cock. Leave Modaco to run their own forum.

And there was me thinking i was sharing a forum with grown ups, what ever your opinions make them like an adult. Every one is entitled to them

Guest zzleezz
Having written off the Honeycomb thread as just discussion (nothing wrong with that, but it's not useful information and clearly little is happening) I must say I'm glad you posted a new thread. Otherwise I'd not have checked the right threads to know that NVIDIA clarified.

It's not poor netiquette to post a new thread at all. I don't want to trawl through tons of posts to find tidbits of information. That's insane. If it's new and important it deserves its own post.

I'm glad some people are getting with the program because I'm getting sick of people moaning about how rude it is that we're not forced to trawl through threads. :)

+1 to this.

You can view this from 2 perspectives, first you can say that "cluttering" the topics up by posting a new one makes things harder for people to find the relevant info, second you can say that there are some that dont follow a thread after they think all the relevant information has been exhausted from that thread.

Personally I think that complaining about people cluttering up threads is a little contradictory, if you dont think a thread deserves your time, if you think its wrong for it to be there, if you think it breaks the unwritten netiquete rules then do yourself a favour, dont read it. And certainly dont feed it.

Truly useless threads (and I dont think this is one of those) wither and die if they are not fed, a simple "you might like to post this info in xyz thread as there is a discussion there already" is far more useful than criticizing the poster for trying to contribute. This is a community, not a clique.

OP, thanks for posting this, I would have missed it.

Guest add.thebad
Cheers for posting this. Good info sunshine!

yeahh!

and if ur gonna winge about it dont bump it bk to the top in the process, just contradicts ur self

Guest rferrett
yeahh!

and if ur gonna winge about it dont bump it bk to the top in the process, just contradicts ur self

You think? For me "once the cat is out of the bag" it is out of the bag. Obviously there a differences of opinion here, and I guess in a grown up community people will find different ways of accommodating this. But lets be clear, lots of the ill feeling around this comes from numerous pretty much *identical* threads all on the same topic that are most assuredly not containing new and vial bits of information. And it is this annoyance and cynicism that provokes these reactions.

I am prepared on reflection to accept having read this thread that clearly in the even of something being considered "news" like this one it constitutes grounds for a new thread, but i'd hope others would acknowledge that duplicate threads are a problem in any fast moving forum, and that good thread nettiquette ought to be promoted. Especially by forum veterens.

We all benefit form the community working in a way that everyone is happy with.

Just my 2cents.

I dont always have time to search and look for the most relevant thread

Come on thats a piss poor excuse ... How long does it take to click on 'Search' and type in 'Honeycomb' ... If people didnt keep making new threads about the same subject over and over again, you wouldnt need to search for the most relevent thread. That's the whole point.

I can understand people making new threads regarding issues they have, thats fair enough ... but we get a new 'games' thread every month or so. As stated you wouldnt need to use the search button if people actually used the existing threads.

Have you ever considered that the mods have lives, all forums have them and for good reason, they shouldnt have to sit here merging threads all day long because people are lazy and or stupid and can't be bothered to use the search function.

The reason why myself and others are vocal about it is because most of the mods on this forum are also mods on other forums as well. They don't have time to keep merging threads all the time, so we (the people that give a s***) try to educate people into how to conduct themselves properly. It's as simple as that really .. it isn't personal; (like you have made it) ... its trying to make the place less cluttered and a better place for people to find information.

Guest Bobby Elliott
Sounded to me like it was a request rather an order - the "please" at the beginning is a clue.

Please stop splitting hairs. He was telling people what to do.