Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[ROM] 13/4-11 - MoDaCo FR12 Gilg@mesh Edition 1.2

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

This ROM is based on MoDaCo Custom ROM FR12 EXT4 with some changes I made, removed the most LG crap and added some Google apps.

Apps in system/app dir:

Stock Google Apps:

Calc,Phone/Contacts (Gingerbread), Desk Clock, Email, Gallery, Gingerbread keyboard, Launcher, MMS (SMS), SIM Toolkit,Quick Search Box, Live Wallpapers

LG Apps:

FM Radio, Mirror, Voicememo, Videoplayer, Fonts, Memo,Screencapture

MoDaCo:

Spare Parts

Removed Google Apps:

Car Home, Gmail,Maps, Music, News/Weather, ProTips,Voice Dialer, Voice Search, Youtube

Most of the Google Apps you can get from the Market if you need them

Removed LG Apps:

Phone/Contacts,Alarm clock, App Advisor, Car Home, Email, Galleri, Home Selector, Launcher, LG Keyboard, Live Wallpapers, Music player Extra apps, Remote Call,SNS, WAP Service, Widgets, Smartshare, PC Sync + On Screen Phone + MITS

Stock Google Apps: http://www.multiupload.com/2IXIRLPK03

Stock LG Apps:http://www.multiupload.com/92A0DNYYLD

adb remount

adb push XXX.apk /system/app

The ROM is "light" only 133MB and OVER 200MB FREE RAM on system start.

How to install ROM:

1: Install Pauls CWM recovery

2: Place ROM on external SD

3: Boot into recovery by pressing volume down and power

4: Make a nandroid

5: Install ROM from recovery and reboot

CAMERA/MUSIC MOD: Cred to djmcnz

BATTERY MOD: Cred to MaliciousKen

Gingerbread Phone/Contacts: Cred to DocRambone

Thanks to Paul for bringing this fine ROM to us and everything he've done

I'm still learning so any feedback is great! :)

Thanks to ElecTriX @Swedroid for the FTP!

Thanks to Ekkis @XDA for the DOWNLOAD picture! check this out:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1024454

post-862646-1302615601_thumb.png

post-862646-1302615606_thumb.png

post-862646-1302615610_thumb.png

post-862646-1302615613_thumb.png

Edited by Gilg@mesh

CHANGELOG:

FULL WIPE if you coming from stock ROM or FR3

Gilgamesh Edition 1.2

*Rebased on 1301920892 release including updated RIL (20110405 baseband recommended)

*All fixes / tweaks to date merged into latest release

*Removed adfree hosts file (accidentally included) - use AdFree app from the Market if you'd like this functionality

*French language Fonts app fix

*Fixed crash on Gingerbread Keyboard settings

gilga3.png

MD5:2109136108D38E4C64DE8BEF02FC74C9

Please DON'T quote this!

Edited by Gilg@mesh

Hello Gilgamesh this release supports Italian language?,Can I also have pictures of the theme you used?

I do not like the white bar to the top of the modaco's vanilla edition, I prefer the lg screen

Edited by NicoHira

Posted · Report post

Hello Gilgamesh this release supports Italian language?,Can I also have pictures of the theme you used?

I do not like the white bar to the top of the modaco's vanilla edition, I prefer the lg screen

yes italian is supported, I use the Gingerbread theme... please remove the quote.

Posted · Report post

Can you post any screenshot?

Posted · Report post

screenshots added

Posted · Report post

UPDATE!

Gilgamesh Edition 1.2

*Rebased on 1301920892 release including updated RIL (20110405 baseband recommended)

*All fixes / tweaks to date merged into latest release

*Removed adfree hosts file (accidentally included) - use AdFree app from the Market if you'd like this functionality

*French language Fonts app fix

*Fixed crash on Gingerbread Keyboard settings

gilga3.png

MD5:2109136108D38E4C64DE8BEF02FC74C9