Glass broken! Help anyone??

Guest voppie

Guest voppie

Hi there, just found out the glass is broken on my vega, damn!

Does anyone know if its possible to order a replacement screen, and what site?

The display seems fine, but digitizer doesnt work anymore, glass is broken...

I took it apart earlier, to have a look at the internals, so placing it should be no problem for me.

I hope someone has had a similar situation and can help me out on this one.

Meanwhile, its back to my iphone!! Arghhhhh!!!

Cheers sandy martin

Guest mintvilla

I took it apart earlier, to have a look at the internals, so placing it should be no problem for me.

Cheers sandy martin

http://www.rwsnextg.co.uk/advent-vega-tablet-repair.php

that site was posted a few days back, i bookmarked it just in case lol. I have a feeling though that to replace a screen on any tablet is an expensive thing, will easily cost over 100. with the vega still selling at 199, its probaly cheaper/easier to buy a new one. ( i know i know not made of money and all that, was just saying replacing a screen on these things is normally pretty tough so diy is probs a no go, and professional help is normally expensive)

Guest DublinGuy
http://www.rwsnextg.co.uk/advent-vega-tablet-repair.php

that site was posted a few days back, i bookmarked it just in case lol. I have a feeling though that to replace a screen on any tablet is an expensive thing, will easily cost over 100. with the vega still selling at 199, its probaly cheaper/easier to buy a new one. ( i know i know not made of money and all that, was just saying replacing a screen on these things is normally pretty tough so diy is probs a no go, and professional help is normally expensive)

This thread is half a page down from yours, on the front page :)

You might want to follow it, see if anyone sources just the glass/digitizer.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...en-vega-screen/

Edited by DublinGuy

Guest warriorscot

Don't know how much I would trust that site. What they are charging for what are basically minor 5 minute jobs is worrying and the only hardware fix they do is basically the price of an OEM vega unit.

I would maybe ask around see if someone has a spare. But other than that I think your only hope would be to claim a new one on insurance.

Guest trevor432990

Cheers sandy martin

Don't chuck it away though you can use it with remote wireless access if you want just connect via HDMI and mouse/keyboard and continue to enjoy it :)

Guest Vansphone
Don't know how much I would trust that site. What they are charging for what are basically minor 5 minute jobs is worrying and the only hardware fix they do is basically the price of an OEM vega unit.

I would maybe ask around see if someone has a spare. But other than that I think your only hope would be to claim a new one on insurance.

A week or so ago I had an email exchange with them. At the time the site said they would do screen replacement and that they would sell screens. My first email asked how much the screen would cost to buy. The reply was they were temporarily out of stock. My second email asked how much they were when they were in stock and when would they get new stock. They did not reply and I think they changed their site and rempved screen replacement.

So I was not impressed with my initial contact with them.

Guest worto03
A week or so ago I had an email exchange with them. At the time the site said they would do screen replacement and that they would sell screens. My first email asked how much the screen would cost to buy. The reply was they were temporarily out of stock. My second email asked how much they were when they were in stock and when would they get new stock. They did not reply and I think they changed their site and rempved screen replacement.

So I was not impressed with my initial contact with them.

I emailed them out of curiosity when they were advertising a Vega memory upgrade for £65 asking if it was possible and they emailed me back to say it was an error on the website, I see now they have just changed the wording to

Advent Vega RAM Memory Testing -- £65

£65 for RAM testing! WTF is that all about?

Guest Lennyuk
I emailed them out of curiosity when they were advertising a Vega memory upgrade for £65 asking if it was possible and they emailed me back to say it was an error on the website, I see now they have just changed the wording to

They are waiting for ignorant people to go "oh I need that" and pay them lots of money.

Guest DublinGuy
They are waiting for ignorant people to go "oh I need that" and pay them lots of money.

If you look at the site, it appears to be automatically generated - they just type in the name of a product and their system automatically produces that page. Complete nonsense...

Guest Vansphone

I wonder if any Vega has ever failed th "test" :)

If it did fail, would they have to shoot the Vega?