several questions for Paul or anyone

Guest shepperd

Guest shepperd

I have three issues, one of which I already posted on but got no reply so I'll try again; I have my tab rooted wit Paul's Rom. I have no complaints and no issues other than the following: The disappearing mail is the most perplexing. In spite of having ticked "never delete from server", the entire content of inbox just vanishes after 72 hours, without a trace and from th server as well. The second is more of a request for an app that can change the time-out of the soft-touch controls. It's very annnoying to have them go dark so quickly. I have searched but found nothing to address this. The third is related to start-up; is there anyway to disable the "unlock" swipe when the tab goes into sleep mode? This seems an unnecissary operation between sleep and wake modes. Thanks for any and all answers (hopeefully!)

Guest twocokesuk
I have three issues, one of which I already posted on but got no reply so I'll try again; I have my tab rooted wit Paul's Rom. I have no complaints and no issues other than the following: The disappearing mail is the most perplexing. In spite of having ticked "never delete from server", the entire content of inbox just vanishes after 72 hours, without a trace and from th server as well. The second is more of a request for an app that can change the time-out of the soft-touch controls. It's very annnoying to have them go dark so quickly. I have searched but found nothing to address this. The third is related to start-up; is there anyway to disable the "unlock" swipe when the tab goes into sleep mode? This seems an unnecissary operation between sleep and wake modes. Thanks for any and all answers (hopeefully!)

I have not had a problem with email disappearing but I only use the gmail app not the Samsung Email app. Just out of interest is it a one off problem or happening every 72 hours?

If you have Titanium Backup installed try Freezing the Email app and just use Gmail app and see if you get the same problem.

With regards to buttons I also find the time they stay illuminated very short especially if you have it in a case and have not pressed the button as you thought you had. There is a app called 'Keep The Lights On' but it does not work with the Tab and not found anything else that will do the same job. Would like something myself.

There are no controls for time outs of screen locks. You could try a 3rd party app that has the option. Or maybe Paul might update his rom and include some.

I may also be worth looking at this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931857

The cyanogenMod 7 is another good rom, It is slowly being ported to the Tab and I know that using it on another Android phone you can set the time outs for screen swipe at least. Has anyone tried this yet on their tab?

If anyone else has any better answers please post them.

Edited by twocokesuk

Guest shepperd
I have not had a problem with email disappearing but I only use the gmail app not the Samsung Email app. Just out of interest is it a one off problem or happening every 72 hours?

If you have Titanium Backup installed try Freezing the Email app and just use Gmail app and see if you get the same problem.

With regards to buttons I also find the time they stay illuminated very short especially if you have it in a case and have not pressed the button as you thought you had. There is a app called 'Keep The Lights On' but it does not work with the Tab and not found anything else that will do the same job. Would like something myself.

There are no controls for time outs of screen locks. You could try a 3rd party app that has the option. Or maybe Paul might update his rom and include some.

I may also be worth looking at this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931857

The cyanogenMod 7 is another good rom, It is slowly being ported to the Tab and I know that using it on another Android phone you can set the time outs for screen swipe at least. Has anyone tried this yet on their tab?

If anyone else has any better answers please post them.

Thanks for the reply. I was feeling kind of lost in here! No the mail problem is recurring and happens regardless of which mail app I use. I am not sure about the 72 hour thing, that's just an approx. I do have the Titanium thingy. This is a mystery. I would have thought someone, especially Paul, might have addressed the time out-soft button problem. It's really annoying how they go out. They can't be using that much battery. (I would actually have preferred physical buttons)I realize Paul has a lot of irons on his fire, but I do hope he will return to his ROM and add features. The tab is very responsive and I have no complaints, other than the ones I have stated or are inherant to Android (like having to close the active window to open another). The screen is a delight and much better than the one on my laptop (also a Samsung)! Now if only Skype would get their finger out of their bum and give us the video, I would be a happy tabber.

Guest twocokesuk
Thanks for the reply. I was feeling kind of lost in here! No the mail problem is recurring and happens regardless of which mail app I use. I am not sure about the 72 hour thing, that's just an approx. I do have the Titanium thingy. This is a mystery. I would have thought someone, especially Paul, might have addressed the time out-soft button problem. It's really annoying how they go out. They can't be using that much battery. (I would actually have preferred physical buttons)I realize Paul has a lot of irons on his fire, but I do hope he will return to his ROM and add features. The tab is very responsive and I have no complaints, other than the ones I have stated or are inherant to Android (like having to close the active window to open another). The screen is a delight and much better than the one on my laptop (also a Samsung)! Now if only Skype would get their finger out of their bum and give us the video, I would be a happy tabber.

If you have the email app backed up you could try wiping the app data in titanium backup.

If that does not work try deleting the email app and restoring the backup without data.

You could also do a back up of the device and wipe totally and add Paul's rom from scratch and see if you still have your email problem. If you can bake or download a new one would be best.

Edited by twocokesuk

Guest arunshen

Re: the disabling the 'unlock', I can highly recommend Delayedlock in the Market. Download the trial version, get it working and comfortable with how it works. I have it working on my MCR Tab and it's perfect for what I need - specifically that you can set the time for the lock to kick in after you're turned off the Tab. Hope it works for you as well.

Guest shepperd
Re: the disabling the 'unlock', I can highly recommend Delayedlock in the Market. Download the trial version, get it working and comfortable with how it works. I have it working on my MCR Tab and it's perfect for what I need - specifically that you can set the time for the lock to kick in after you're turned off the Tab. Hope it works for you as well.

Thanks! that works just fine.