ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest wsl2011

Hi.

I am not able to switch to FTM Mode.

I tried

A. Remove the battery and reinsert the battery of the unit .

B. Then long press the volume DOWN button first ,then press the power button 3 sec to boot up the device only. ( KEEP PRESS THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON UNTIL THE FTM MODE SCREEN PROMT)

either i get the device started or i get in to Recovery.

I need some help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: The guide seems really good; however, it needs FTM mode.

Unfortunately I had clockworkmod installed, and everytime I boot with vol- + power it gets into clockworkmod recovery menu, so I cannot proceed. Any idea on how to override clockworkmod and get into FTM mode? please?

SOLVED: Use clockworkmod to install a stock rom from

then boot with vol- + power, it will go into FTM mode.

Edited by raniah

• 2 months later...
Guest bakelan

HI, the links you posted now says

All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally. <br style="color: rgb(61, 61, 61); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(247, 229, 230); "><br style="color: rgb(61, 61, 61); font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(247, 229, 230); ">If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager.

can you please provide another links to these files.

Thanks

Guest wsl2011

hi, guys.

i finally got my v9 work again, i have now version 2.2 on it. But i can't root it. I tried z4root 1.3 and universal androot 1.6.2 beta 5. nothing works.

Any advice?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Tabman94

Update on the above issue with the zte tool not finding armprg.bin

When I reviewed the error logs from the failed reflash I saw that it was actually looking for the armprgzte.bin file in the sub folder /files so I moved a copy there and tried again, and sure enough it chugged past the 6/100 marker and went all the way to sucessfully reflash the MYTAB.

When I tried to restart using KK's patched Optus rom it went straight into FTM mode, so I went back and tried the official 2.2 optus reflash from here http://www.zte.com.au/optus/V9.htm which worked a treat. I was then able to restart the Tablet into the original 2.2 android with all the glorious bloatware from Optus but at least I could tell I hadn't completely bricked it.

I am still not sure why the CM7 RC1 rom wouldn't work originally, it went into the CM7 boot loop that many have been seeing.

I did try this afternoon to load up KK's earlier RC0 but I am still having troubles.

Would it be possible that the phone memory itself has somehow got a bit screwed up so I don't have enough room for the CM7 to be loaded in there?

My plan tonight is to try one of the repartioning flashes to increase the space available from http://android.modac...imal-cm7-setup/

Hope that helps anyone that comes up a similar error. Still not sure what went wrong

Were can i find the Armprg.bin File Cause im so close to fix my tab after try to root it and well yea i keep getting that error.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cyndi13

Please tell me I haven't made a brick...

About two weeks ago I installed z4root on my ZTE V9 (2.2 came stock, and it was sold through W*lmart under the brand Wintec Filemate Light) and Titanium Backup Pro. I backed up every single file in TBP. Suddenly, my Play Store stopped working (like thousands of others with the vending issue). I tried every suggestion before rebooting - clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, upgrading to v3.7.13, etc. When none of that worked, I rebooted my tablet. Mind you, I only ever TEMPORARILY root my phone so as not to get myself in trouble (guess that didn't work so well, did it?) and so it is unrooted on reboot - and probably unrooted now.

When I attempted to reboot, I just got the android bot, then the blinking ANDROID screen. I can boot into FTM by holding Vol- while powering on, but my PC isn't seeing it as a USB device and is asking for drivers since I can't "Turn On USB Storage," though it's always in debugging mode.

I'd like to try some of the suggestions here, but it seems all of the links are broken (403 errors) or sharing isn't allowed (Filesonic), so I don't even have access to these files. I'm using a Win7 laptop but have access to a WinXP PC should that allow me to access the tablet in FTM mode through USB. I have spent about six hours now trying to find out what to do and how to do it, but being a noob, some of this is lost on me as a lot of info assumes you know what the hell you're talking about - and clearly I don't! :S

I really need to get this tab working so I can use if for nursing school. I don't care if I lose everything on my tablet and have to start from scratch - I just REALLY need it! I would deeply appreciate if anyone would be willing to take a little time and tell me what to do, where to get the files, and how to do it. I cannot possibly be the only one seeking this information...? *sniffles*

Edited by Cyndi13

Guest Cyndi13

UPDATE: It's working...!

You DO NOT need Clockwork or cyanogenmod or a rooted tablet to do this! You just need to be able to get your tablet to go the FTM screen (mine does this by pushing the VOL DOWN button first and HOLDING it while pushing the POWER button. It takes a bit, but it eventually goes to the black screen with a white box that says FTM)

Here's how I did it, step by step with (currently) active links, for Noobs like me (For Android 2.2 on ZTE V9, Optus MyTab, or Wintec Filemate Light (mine was sold as the Wintec, but they are all the same)):

1. Download Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01.exe to your PC from here:

multidl_msm7227_v10001. http://www.4shared.c...227_v10001.html

2. Install this file on your PC to the default folder (your PC's ZTE folder; on Windows 7 it's C:\Program Files\ZTE\).

3. Download Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe to THE SAME FOLDER AS ABOVE (or you will get a xcsp_eclib.dll error!) from here:

http://zalil.ru/30861793 (thanks mrradmir and Sebastian404!)

4. Run this file from its location (which SHOULD be C:\Program Files\ZTE\) and the program will start.

5. Download the following compressed 7z file and extract it to its own folder:

http://www.mediafire...9fnk20c7ddnvrjr (Thanks, Steve J.!)

6. Follow the rest of the instructions in the attached .DOC file, which is a revised version of Steve J's revised version of someone else lol! (There's a "How to (READ ME).docx" guide in the 7z file, but I managed to dumb it down for Noobs).

^_^ IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN DO IT!

How-To Guide (07-2012).doc

Edited by Cyndi13

Guest Cyndi13

UPDATE: It's working...!

UPDATE to the UPDATE: It's not working :(

It worked at first, then the touch screen stopped responding. I reflashed, and again the screen worked for a bit then stopped. Power and Vol buttons work, but not the screen and the bottom "buttons." Tried everything in this forum that I could without working buttons (can't select anything onscreen so CW is useless, tho I can get it on my tablet). It can go into FTM mode.

Any suggestions? I can't believe it's a hardware issue since originally reflashing DID work... :blush:

• 2 months later...
Guest cyberspeed

I tried flashing all the roms i could find, none of them has the touchscreen working, on the side it read V9/d28a

Model: Light

i cant install any of the CWM stock versions since i cant install CWM

edit: after putting a sim card, at least on optus version, everything works, only sim locked, ill try other versions

Edited by cyberspeed

Guest soulfree

Hi i have zte v9 gen1 with stock rom 2.1 greek version (cosmote) i try to find the alpha xs MOD 2.2.0.1 file to continue to flash it to 2.2 and all the links are deleted.

Where can i find this file?

After i flash to 2.2 can i upgrade to cm 7.2 (2.3 android)?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest synama

hello

i have bricked my tab

i am trying to unbricked with this instructions but i cant do it because there is no way to install correct usb drivers

i have trying everything

onyone can help me?

Guest synama

hello

i have bricked my tab

i am trying to unbricked with this instructions but i cant do it because there is no way to install correct usb drivers

i have trying everything

onyone can help me?

ok finaly i did the all procedure and i unbricked

but when i am installing cm from clockwork recovery when rebooting still open clockwork

Guest draco01

Model Number: light

Android version: 2.3.4

Baseband version: V9B01

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

build number: GB_V9_GENERIC1.0.0B06

Is there any way to root this device? i tried z4/zergrush/doomlord/unlockroot/superoneclick all latest versions but no luck....

when you go inside build.prop the ro.build.type = user

ro.build.user = xuzhenxuan

any help?

• 1 month later...
Guest trnngochunghung

1. Download Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01.exe to your PC from here:

multidl_msm7227_v10001. http://www.4shared.c...227_v10001.html

2. Install this file on your PC to the default folder (your PC's ZTE folder; on Windows 7 it's C:\Program Files\ZTE\).

3. Download Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe to THE SAME FOLDER AS ABOVE (or you will get a xcsp_eclib.dll error!) from here:

http://zalil.ru/30861793 (thanks mrradmir and Sebastian404!)

Here I have the same tool Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 to upgrade my ZTE VIETTEL_V8403 : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5er3r7s05sadaen

It is the same as your tool but in 2012 version. Can you help me to crack this tool (make a patched file) like your tool?

or can you contact Mr radmir and Sebastian404 to help me? Thanks a lot!

• 5 months later...
Guest reusuke

hi, my mom just bought this zte optus v9 phone and I'm from the Philippines, can't seem to open the android 2.2 upgrade page, and this thread helped me a lot! But, I got a problem. when I installed the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program, it crashed. then when I opened it again it keeps showing me this message: "Error decompressing temporary files C:/temp full or files write-protected. I tried everything I knew, from emptying the C:/windows/temp folder, to unchecking the read-only box from the properties. I can't go on with the installation because of this problem. I'm not a techy, so I really dont know much about this. I'm just following instructions. Do tell me what I can do to fix this. sad.gif I'm really struggling with my pad's current OS.

Try to extract it... :) im from PH too

• 5 months later...
Guest ajparag

For those people who are not able to access FTM mode:

1. Turn off your tablet.
2. Press and hold both Vol + and - buttons. Without releasing them, press Power. If you look carefully, the red LED will flash for a brief second, but the screen will remain black.
3. Connect your tab to your system and follow the steps for flashing Jugaad again.

Please note, that in this situation, though the tablet should appear in the Device Manager as a DFU port, still it will NOT show green READY in the MultiDL flasher program. This is absolutely normal. You will notice that the flashing will start and finish in some time.

The tab will not reboot automatically. You will have to pull out the battery and insert it again.

4. Now, press Vol - and Power. FTM should come up. Repeat flashing steps AGAIN. This is important in many cases to recover the NV Memory (IMEI etc.).
5. When the second flashing finishes, pull out battery, put it in, and boot again.

IF TABLET KEEPS REBOOTING IN TO FTM MODE AFTER FLASHING:

Press and hold Vol+ and Power key for at least 10 seconds. The tablet should boot in to normal mode after vibrating.

Issues faced after flashing - Wifi not working. To make it work you will need root access.

1. Download Android SDK here: http://code.google.com/android/intro/installing.html, download "android-sdk_r16-windows.zip" archive (or relevant version).
2. Run "SDK Manager.exe" from archive.
3. Select "Android SDK Tools", "Android SDK Platform-Tools" and "Google USB Driver Package" (Rev. 4).
4. Install the 3 packages.
5. On your ZTE V9C (V 2.3.4, not CM7), go to Settings > Applications > Unknown sources and make sure it is checked.
6. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and make sure it is checked (might get a warning, press OK).
7. Connect device to Computer. Make sure USB Storage is OFF (MUST BE OFF).
8. Download ES File Explorer apk here: http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html. Keep track of download destination directory.
9. Open Command Prompt (Start > Run > Type "cmd" > OK)
10. Type the following in Command Prompt: adb install <1>\<2>.apk where <1> is the directory of the ES File Explorer and <2> is the file name of the ES File Explorer apk (changes with version). It should install. After installation, you can unplug USB cable.
11. Open ES File Explorer on ZTE V9C Tab
12. Go to Settings > Root Settings > Root Explorer and check the box. SuperUser will come up and ask for you to confirm giving the application root access. Confirm OK.
13. Go to Settings > Root Settings > Mount File System and check the box.
14. Navigate to "/system/etc/nv_4319.txt" and "/system/etc/4329.txt". This may be tricky but the files are there. Just make sure you're not looking the SD Card or the Data folder. Use the "Folder Up" button at the top if you need to.
15. Open both files with ES Note Editor. Scroll down until you find entries #macaddr=[your mac address] and underneath that is macaddr=11:22:33:44:55:66. For both files change 11:22:33:44:55:66 to [your mac address] (they will be different). Make sure to save each file before exiting.
16. Go back to Settings > Root Settings > Mount File System and uncheck the box.
17. Close everything and WiFi should work. 

Edited by ajparag