12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PAQman
Is anybody experiencing the browser issue where it simply drops you back to the home screen? It especially seems to happen the modaco website, ironically. There's post somewhere as well on this... Just wondering if this has been sorted with the custom rom or not...

Same here... seems to be a problem on all 3.1 ROMs. The browser issue is the only really annoying thing. Hope there will be a fix soon. Until then I'm using the crappy Firefox on pages that do not work well with the standard browser.

Kernel built and running, looks good, nice and snappy and with TUN / CIFS confirmed working. Just syncing code so I can build the latest version of CWM...

P

Guest ralli1300

Great, Paul !

Can I update than from Stock WW 8.4.4.5 with new CWM and new BLOB ?

Edited by ralli1300

Guest TW1954
Well, I bundle everything together, so... you can apply the old blob to root then install my ROM which includes a new blob.

P

Paul,

Sorry but I am confused by the "blob" references. I have just rooted and loaded CWM onto a standard WW 3.1 build TF. Will I be able to load your "ZIP" file ROM using CWM in the same way that I can load a new ROM on my HTC Desire?

Thanks

Trevor

Uploading Fr8 now to the kitchen for a few peeps to try before I post the prebakes. New kernel, TUN / CIFS modules, performance optimisations, core app updates and ClockworkMod 4.0.0.5 (conventional / using external SD).

P

Hr8 kitchen online! :)

P

Changelog

29 Jun Hr8

• Now includes MoDaCo Custom Kernel (mck) r2 - based on the new kernel release with various tweaks and improvements
  • TUN and CIFS modules included
  • Blob updated to include ClockworkMod 4.0.0.5 (conventional style - using external sd, backing up / wiping internal media)
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Updated Google Music

Guest Mikkle
Uploading Fr8 now to the kitchen for a few peeps to try before I post the prebakes. New kernel, TUN / CIFS modules, performance optimisations, core app updates and ClockworkMod 4.0.0.5 (conventional / using external SD).

P

Paul, you rock! -Downloading from Delia now. Will report back asap.

:) Mikkle

Edited by Mikkle

Guest ralli1300

No, until now not rooted. Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try.

Can I replace the 8.4.4.5-rooted.zip with the HR8 ?

Edited by ralli1300

Guest Mikkle
Hr8 kitchen online! :)

P

Changelog

29 Jun Hr8

• Now includes MoDaCo Custom Kernel (mck) r2 - based on the new kernel release with various tweaks and improvements
  • TUN and CIFS modules included
  • Blob updated to include ClockworkMod 4.0.0.5 (conventional style - using external sd, backing up / wiping internal media)
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Updated Google Music

So far, so good.

TUN and CIFS tested and confirmed working (TUN tested with OpenVPN and VPN Connections (Cisco style IPSEC/VPN). CIFS tested on local NAS mounts, no Win/AD tested yet)

The OpenVPN binary is not included in the rom, I used the guide here to get that running.

No noticable performance difference from Hr7, but hey... (fwiw I average on 2500-ish with Quandrant standard on Hr7 and maybe 2600 on Hr8.

Usability-wise the two versions feel pretty much the same.

No complaints from me! ;)

Only bullet on my wish list is to have the OpenVPN binary (and associated necessary soft-links) in the MCR, so I won't have to remember to fix it myself each time I flash. (I know, I could add it as a custom ingredient when I bake from the Kitchen...) :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Mikkle