• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

The G2X compatability topic - G2X owners read this!

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys I need some help. I have bought the g2x and am going back to the uk tommorow. I see that uk bands are : 900, 1900 and 2100 for 3g whilst my g2x is 1700 and 2100. Will my phone work on 3g in the uk? If I want to squire the uk bands can I flash a optimistic 2x baseband on my g2x to get them? Please help and thanks.

Posted

2100 should mean it's OK in the UK. If you flash an O2X baseband then you wont be able to use it at a phone at all.

Posted

So would flashing MCR for the Optimus 2X work then? As sick as it sounds, I'm interested in flashing the LG skin onto my G2X to try it out and see what its like.

Posted

So would flashing MCR for the Optimus 2X work then? As sick as it sounds, I'm interested in flashing the LG skin onto my G2X to try it out and see what its like.

i have one p999 hang on logo ,i did try flash with p990 then now phone no network no imei and baseand unkown , anyone has solution fix it,pl help ,thz !!!

Posted

*UPDATE*UPDATE*

Sorry for not updating this topic previously. I had thought I did so however that was on xda. I was able to reinstall the factory rom from a link provided by a user on the xda forum and is also linked on this forum. Go here to download the rom. You'll need the smartflash tool for the LP9990 to flash the bin files. I was only able to successfully flash the AP.bin, I believe Paul is working on getting a working baseband. The phone will be restored to factory settings after flashing the AP.bin with full functionality. I noticed the baseband is weak and searching for networks does give errors occasionally so we'll be patiently awaiting an update to solve this issue. Albeit your phone will be functional enough to satisfy you till then. If you need any help with the steps just reply in this thread.

YES I DO NEED STEP BY STEP PLZ HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLZ HELP

Posted

Asking something in forums like this one in capitals is considered not so very polite (it's like screaming).